Flickering issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AMDuser, May 22, 2014.

1. AMDuser

AMDuser New Member

GPU:
    MSI R390 8GB
    Sometimes, especially demanding games, I see the screen flickering/blocking. It happens in an certain area of the game and it's gone when you restart the game.

Now I'm playing wolfenstein new order, and the problem is heavy. Many times I get the flickering error and sometimes the games shut down. One time I have got a blue screen.

At the moment, I don't use overclock on my GPU and CPU.

for a example:
    youtube.com/watch?v=TAVzfQ8Jubs

Does anyone knows whats happening?

I use the 14.4 driver with Windows 7.

2. Gizmo

Gizmo Member Guru

GPU:
    I have this issue with my PC 7970 V3 as soon as it passes 83c i will start to see small patches of white/black flickering blocks

I thought about fitting a 3rd party cooler at first but decided to play with my fan profile,this helped to hold it at bay but the extra noise was an issue

In the end i went with Under Volt'ing the core and a small tweak to the fan profile both managed with MSI afterbuner

3d Core voltage is now at 1.044 (from 1.175 bios value) and that tweak alone as knocked 15-20c of max temps like for like fan speed & i can still get 1ghz core and 1500mhz mem no problem.

Id suggest keeping an eye on your temps ingame for a while to see if you can spot a trigger temp and then work from there,you can use Afterburner/RivaTuner Statistics Server OSD to monitor things.

3. Elite3540

Elite3540 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    What are Ur temperatures of Ur videocard?

It could be that they are really high so it could cause flickering/artifacts.

What also could be is that U'll need to reinstall the latest AMD drivers again and make sure U CLEAN INSTALL with DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller).

Link DDU: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=379505

(Credits to Wagnard and the DDU-Team.)

If you don't know how to uninstall with DDU, check my video down below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOSmV-ADTX8

Youtube Username: Deathhybr1ds

Youtube VideoName:
    How to install AMD Catalyst drivers the proper way (100% Guaranteed to work)

Last edited: May 24, 2014