Flat Earth

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Phragmeister, Jun 14, 2021.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

This ones a fun video, you can move it around by clicking and dragging the image, it's by Scott Manley who teaches a lot of space related things through video games, in the past a lot of the time with kerbal space program.

Keitosha likes this.
  2. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    I get what you mean but flat earth is the same level of "outside the box" thinking as suggesting a surgeon to operate brain with a wrench.
    Sure, it's different, but makes no sense whatsoever.

Or suggesting someone drink coffee out of a fork.

But yeah, I was going....

3. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Without the obvious fish-eye lens -

[​IMG]

4. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    All CGI. Just like every single space documentary ever made, all CGI. Nothing's real. If it's not CGI, it's NASA using fish-eye lenses. It's simply not enough proof for me.

5. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Just curious, do you think the sun and moon are flat too?

6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I don't think they do, i remember reading their explanation for a lunar eclipse being it was some sort of mysterious shadow object that floats about.

It's a stuff that even my 5 year old would roll his eyes at, even scientologists must laugh at them.

7. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Also I'd like to hear an explanation how a flat earth revolves around the sun and how the seasons manifest on a flat earth. :D

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    still not sure how this can be argue it is flat....

It was debunked 100's of years ago when one could sail all around ocean... if it was flat you would not be able to wind where you started and you would not be able to see the curvature of earth either cause they would not be one specially in space.

Truly stupidity of people on internet and in world is mind boggling :rolleyes:

Say it flat but thing they show to in there so called proof that is flat show the curve special from space

9. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I recall watching a YT vid of a guy asserting quite confidently that the world is flat, I can say I watched in utter amazement that there're such people around. All I can say is, I'm amazed that such mouth breathers exist at all.

10. Munkus

Munkus Guest

GPU:
    nVidia RTX3080ti FE
    “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.”

― Mark Twain

11. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    It's the curse of the modern era, people never believed the Earth was flat, they just had to look at the moon at night to see that the Earth was not flat. Flat Earth theory is a symptom of the cancer that affects modern culture. A culture that has the easiest and most immediate access to the largest repository of collective human knowledge yet somehow we now have some of the stupidest and laziest people to ever exist throughout history.

12. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    True, but...

People tend to confuse the historical prevalence of geocentric model with that of the belief that the Earth is flat.

While belief in geocentric model was widespread in medieval Europe, that's not the case for flat Earth at all. Flat earthers have been a rare breed among educated for the last 20+ centuries.

A guy with a stick 23 centuries ago:

anticupidon likes this.
  13. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Same can be said for proving the earth is flat. Everything that has ever been presented stops short. It's all of one type; observational. They all have no clue how to explain what is occurring and the factors involved about the same exact event from different reference points. All the evidence presented by the flat earth party is anecdotal based on a single reference point, that of the observer. Path of least resistance means holds no meaning. If all that side can present is single reference point observations, simply put, not enough evidence. Since all flat earth evidence is all 100% based in if it can not be observed directly in person, it does not exist, lets all go back to a time when celestial bodies do not have round or elliptical orbits. Based purely on observation from a single reference point, all orbits are truly that of the Greek Geocentric model. Let's all roll back all the advancement. Explain it all away as one giant ongoing conspiracy. Planetary orbits in actuality at points in time reverse course and move backwards---retrograde movement.

14. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The biggest most incredible standout point that flat-earthers can never give an answer to is.... WHY would thousands of scientists, academics, physicists, navigators throughout the centuries conspire to lie about this? What the hell is in it for them?! So Einstein knew the earth was flat but thought "Oh no! The world must never know this terrible truth, we must hide it from them and argue that its round"!

I wonder if flat-earthers even pondered the question of motive in what to them must be the most colossal conspiracy theory in the history of the world!

AsiJu likes this.
  15. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB

Did you know the same experiment works if the Earth's flat? It's just that the Sun is a lot smaller and closer on the flat Earth model.

Honestly, I don't know what to believe at this point. One thing I do know is though, I have absolutely no trust in governments and NASA.

Noone in the thread seems to have mentioned one of the vids I posted in the OP about the NASA guy actually explaining how they create Earth in CGI -

Why would they need to make all the images of Earth in photoshop?

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Here are actual photographs of the earth and moon combined into an animated gif taken from a satellite.

[​IMG]

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Here is the the earth from orbit.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Here is a tour of the international space station, which for those not intelligent enough to understand is an object that humans have put into orbit around planet earth.

For those with a little know how and a camera you can see this with your own eyes passing overhead.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    More awesome views of earth from space.... if you look close enough you will notice there are in fact no turtles all the way down.

The Flat Earth society has members all around the globe.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ohhh noooooo say it isn't sooooo the russians are in on it too!

Docking a Soyuz module with the international space station, the views are pretty amazing.

TheDigitalJedi and Redemption80 like this.