FLashing Fury to Fury X

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Krogtheclown, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    FuryXfire 3440x14freesync
    Is it worth it, mine say all can be unlocked.

2. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
  3. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    so you've done it and the performance boost is worth it?

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    From what I have read on this it's upwards of some 10% or so gain in synthetic benchmarks though in actual games the difference is rarely over 5% at best (If even that.), I wouldn't bother due to the risk involved but if the tool reports the deactivated units being in the right place and unlocking is possible well even if low it's still a performance gain. :)
    (Though will it be stable? You won't know until after you've flashed the GPU although from what I heard a lot of the Fury GPU's are fine for flashing though on some the units were de-activated due to failing testing so yeah it's a risk but for all I know it might be pretty small.)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1567179/...iji-unlockability-tester-ver-1-6-and-atomtool

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016

5. oGow89

oGow89 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX 5700xt
    No i don't own a fiji gpu, but i read the forums. It is pretty much why everyone went for the fury rather than the fury x. Because they can be unlocked and you have a full fiji for less. I suggest starting with 2 cu at a time and work your way up and each time test for stability. Do more research and see how it goes, might be worth it for you. Many try to squeeze at least 1-2 fps through overclocking and using bios from other gpus. You on the other hand have it already, just need to unlock it ;)

6. Krogtheclown

Krogtheclown Master Guru

GPU:
    ya I was thinking that if it worked I'd get pretty good results especially in xfire. I think I will try it today.

7. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    you have fury in crossfire and want to flash it to fury x? Why would you do that? I mean definitely you don't have problems running any game at 4k, so again why?

8. AHPD

AHPD Active Member

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6800 XT
    My card could be fully unlocked and I am running like that for the last two weeks. No artifacts, even overclocked 1150/550Mhz (with a slight voltage increase).

My card is something odd. At stock CU configuration, with a good voltage increase I was able to benchmark it at 1200Mhz.

Enabling 60CU's, 1200Mhz artifacts no matter how much voltage I would apply. I did not even bother testing with all 64 CU's enabled.

In the end of day, results are somehow disappointing, Difference is at best 5%.

http://www.3dmark.com/compare/fs/7145549/fs/7117532

9. gupsterg

gupsterg Guest

GPU:
    RX 7900 XTX
    @OP

Personally I'd see no point in flashing Fury to Fury X.

I'd use the unlocked ROM created by TX12's AtomTool.

Reason being is PowerPlay section of Fury vs Fury X differ (excluding GPU clock):-

i) on Vddc/Vddgfx lookuptables within it for setting VID per DPM.

ii) on Fan Table, Advanced fan mode is used on Fiji by default aka "Fuzzy Logic".

There maybe other differences, only recently started Fiji bios mod.

Here is link to my 3DM FS compare of genuine Fury X vs Fury with 3840SP unlock.