Flashing 6800LE guide?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Ayashifx55, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Ayashifx55

Ayashifx55 Member

GPU:
    XFX 4890 1GB DDR5
    Flashing 6800LE guide? ( Vmod bios )

Hi guys , i've read so much about this card , i just bought it real cheap for around 60$ used on ebay , it seems so fun! A lot of peopel successfully unlocked the pipelines and vertex , i would like to do the same , but first of all , i would like to Flash the 6800LE into higher voltage so i could get the best out of it. I really searched everywhere on google , but all i could find was people who said they did the flash and its working but no guide. Please guys , it'll be really helpful if someone has the same card as me , pointing me to a guide tat teaches 6800LE flash , or a whole 6800LE tweaking guide. THank you !!

Reason i bought this : It was only 60$ with shipping included on ebay , plus my geforce 6200 died before i knew i could unlock its hidden pipelines ... =( , and next year or so ,i plan to build a new comp , so don't want to waste on AGP graphics.

Intel P4 3.0ghz Prescott with HT (buying a new CPU cooler , to OC up 3.4ghz)
    1gb of DDR ram
    Leadtek Geforce 6800LE (Stock fan , stock core & mem , unflashed)
    ColorSE 500watts Powersupply 120mm ultra silent
    P4S800D-X series Asus Motherboard
    along with 2 extra case fans

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  2. Rampagingkorean

Rampagingkorean Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt
    u can do it with rivatuner if i remember right i had that card before some u can unlock some cant or u can flash it which i would only do if u have done it before

3. Ayashifx55

Ayashifx55 Member

GPU:
    XFX 4890 1GB DDR5
    Hi , thanks for fast reply haha , i know how to unlock & overclock and stuff , i just don't know how to Vmod (volt mod) , i want it to be 1.5v if possible since i have a 500watts PSU. Thanks!

4. Rampagingkorean

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt
    yea i voltmodded mine it ran like a champ but get a better cooler..........i dont remember which program i used though

5. Ayashifx55

Ayashifx55 Member

GPU:
    XFX 4890 1GB DDR5
    I know it requires NiBiTor and nvFlash , but i want clear instructions , step by step process' if possible with the commands in bios mode , thank you ! this is the hard part...i'm not afraid of bbq'ing the video card lol , i guess 1.4v is enought?

***Does the leadtek stock cooler sucks that much? thanks!

6. jimmor

jimmor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA8800GTS 512Mb
    Changing core volts is easily done using NiBiTor to mod the cards bios. However, running the core at 1.5v will markedly shorten your 6800le's life expectancy !

When highly overclocked with vcore at anything above 1.3v, the core volts regulator of a 6800le has regularly proven to overheat and burn out.

Mind you with vcore at 1.3v, it should be possible to achieve a very acceptable core overclock of around 415MHz?

Also, you may find some usefull info in the links below:-

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=1940216&postcount=163

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1349269#post1349269

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?threadid=128185

:)

7. Rampagingkorean

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt
    nibitor thats what i used yea its pretty easy idk i think i went to 1.4 or something like that

8. Ayashifx55

Ayashifx55 Member

GPU:
    XFX 4890 1GB DDR5
    Hey jimmor , are you sure it'll work easily for me? As these programs looks so old , right now all we need is nvFlash for bios , plus the post is around 2005 o___O and the ultimate guide isnt that easy to read. I'm really interested into doing the process without Floppy Disk , but i'm not sure i understand much , you think you can please write step by steps process in easy english? Thank you for your time reading , really appreciated guys. Just don't wanna waste a card.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  9. Rampagingkorean

GPU:
    Sapphire x1950xt
    u can do it with a cd i think as long as u make it a bootable cd