Fla school board shooting.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by cartdog, Dec 15, 2010.

1. cartdog

cartdog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti H20
    Ok, so its not main news anywhere, but I want to express something. I watched the partial video of the account that was captured in its entirety on CCTV footage in the board room.

Now everyones saying this guy was ruthless and was going to kill everyone. They reckon that this super intendent was a hero and saved the day blah blah blah.

The poor gunmen wasnt out for blood nor was he overly agressive. I dont in anyway condone his actions but I just think he didnt have anyone to talk to and didnt know how to express he greif at his wifes employment termination. He wasnt there to kill.

For starters he had no idea what he was doing. He accidentally fired the gun into the ground and even when someone tryed to take his gun he didnt shoot them. And every person he shot at he missed.

The baord members claim he had the look or murder in his eyes...what rubbish. I live in aus and I wasnt there, nor do I have any training in peoples emotions...but I spend alot of my personal time at work observing how people act and talk.

This guy was just really stressed out, and the way he was talked to was absalutly disgusting. They treated him with no respect, no empathy or compassion at all. Again, I dont condone his actions.

There telling him they dont know who his wife is what she did etc etc. In the mans mind he could have taken that asif they didnt care about him and his wife, given his emotional state.

Then they start talking about him wanting to shoot himself and kill himself. I sensed no compassion in there voices, the tone or there voices and what they said, they talked to him like he was a dog.

So I refuse to believe any of those board officials where hero's, they where just heartless.

Ok, ive had my rant.

2. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I see where you are coming from, but a mentally unstable person with a gun is a huge threat.Those people were heroes, and IMO, it don't matter what grief the man was experiencing- you don't handle it that way.
    All this is based off your post, because I haven't seen the news story, but jeez.Have you ever been sad & desperate? Lonely and depressed? Welcome to life.I've been there, but never felt the need to threaten to shoot anyone.

3. cartdog

cartdog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti H20
    yeah i totally agree pale, I dont condone his actions. what im talking about if how he was talked to. It could have been alot different if they had of approached it differently..but then I wasnt in that kinda situation

4. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
    Going into shock and not knowing what to do doesn't make somebody a hero :p , but hey it helps people feel good so why not. These folks, heroes to the media, meanwhile 70 people who were gunned down by the cartels for choosing poverty over drug money are just arguments against immigration not heroes or martyr's.

The media loves its narratives.

5. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Sure, the US school system can be like a cattle truck and when people feel powerless it can be frustrating. But killing people to prove your point just isn't human.

Monkeys do that. Dogs do too.

Got problems? Go ape and beat everyone's brain in with a club.

6. rotzilla

rotzilla Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac geforce 9400gt
    Gotta love the little lady hitting dude with her purse, LOL what the hell was she thinking?

7. Seref

Seref Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970 GHz Vapor-X
    To be completely fair, it's hard to treat someone with respect, empathy, or compassion when they're pointing a gun at you.

Though I would believe it. (South) Floridians are dicks. And judging by the executive things that happen to our schools, these guys must be massive dicks.

8. justmeez

justmeez Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX670 SC SLI
    I've seen the video as it was on the news. You keep mentioning the tone in which they were talking to the guy. It seemed like a reasonable tone to me. Was he out for blood? Only he knows and he's not alive anymore. Yes he let the people in the audience out of the room, but he still held the other guys hostage, at gunpoint.

I'm gonna be honest and say I've never been held at gunpoint, knife point or been the victim of a violent crime, but lets assume we were in their position. Could you honestly say that had you been there, that after this guy pulled his gun out or better yet after he let everyone out of the room EXCEPT you and the people sitting next to you, that you wouldn't possibly sh*t your pants? Or that your mind wouldn't be racing with all sorts of things or even go blank and maybe just maybe you wouldn't be able to handle the situation as calmly as you'd hope to?

In any case I agree he was dangerous in that he was clearly mentally unstable in some way but also that if he really intended to kill someone he had many chances to do so. But what can ya do I mean that's life right? The way I figure it, no matter what or where there will always be people like him popping up.

9. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    the guy was a nut...he got what he deserved, and now he is dead. I think it's crap like this that give the decent firearm owners a bad rep.

10. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    What I don't get is that someone is immediately a hero when he survives something like that :p

11. The_AC

The_AC Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 390X
    The first thing that occured to me, was that if this video was in a movie, then people would complain about how bad the acting and special effects were.