Fix game stutter on Win 10 1703-1809

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mott, Apr 3, 2018.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    You measure DPCs with LatencyMon (there is alternative) and if measurement points to long videocard DPC routine then it is DPC latency.

2. Per.r

Per.r New Member

GPU:
    1080Ti
  3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    It is not only RTX cards or Nvidia IMO, but there are also a lot of variables when you start mixing and matching HW. There can also be many causes for stuttering which a lot of times is the game itself, many are ported over to PC.
    This thread has a lot of references to stand by memory fix and those app's do fix the issue if that is the cause.

PS: I don't seem to be getting the standby stuttering anymore in the last few windows updates, but I am not 100% sure it's fixed, cause I had a very mild case of it, hard to trigger.

4. Per.r

Per.r New Member

GPU:
    1080Ti
    but i have no that issue..i measure it with latencymon for 30 mins a max dpc was 125us
    1080ti / 441.08
    win 10 1903

5. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Great, then your good to go but DPC latency doesn't have anything to do with memory standby issue AFAIK.

6. Hemisfear

Hemisfear Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    It doesn't

Regarding the NV driver latency threads over at NV reddit:
    They even start games with latencymon running in the background and then go like "uuuhh, my latency is so high..."

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    The original poster with his ryzen system has a hardware defect which im sure originates from the kingston ssd he is using (there is a long history of issues with that drive hanging and stuttering the system)

everyone else yes, was using it wrong

Hemisfear likes this.
  8. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    Just curious, what's the procedure for testing Latencymon, just running in the background at the desktop with nothing much running?

Edit:
    https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon_faq

"Should I run my audio software while LatencyMon is testing my system ?
    In general, no. In particular, the interrupt to process latency that the software measures already simulates the workings of an entire audio process. You should run most tests without running any other software in the background. Running your audio software together with LatencyMon only makes sense if you wish to measure hard pagefaults of the audio process. "

:)

9. jdc2389

jdc2389 Member Guru

GPU:
    980ti 1408/3650