Fix game stutter on Win 10 1703-1809

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mott, Apr 3, 2018.

1. smackup4u

smackup4u New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti
    WOW! This thread is super interessting! And a NVidia official mod already responded.
    For almost a month I got a real killer rig: i9-9900k, RTX 2080ti, 32 GB RAM. And still: There are Games who have stutter (Borderland 3 is really bad and ofc BF5 and so on) On the other hand, The Division 2 runs super smooth and looks just breathtaking.

2. kman

kman Member

GPU:
    1080ti Strix

I have a 1080ti/9900k with g-sync monitor on 144hz 1ms.w10 1903

Most of the time I get a warning from latencymon when launching a game with the occasional spike to the 500s from the nvidia driver when opening some programs.Doesnt always happen but it happens frequently enough since I'm usually opening discord,steam,origin and stuff while watching twitch.

Other then that I usually I get no big spikes/warning if I dont do anything but watch twitch.I wonder if intel cpu's might be effected too.Sometimes also the audio in apex warps out and lowers randomly for a milli second.Rarely happens aswell so I'm not that bothered with it.

Update:"CLASSPNP.SYS spike up to 400"Yea I dont get that tough.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  3. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    With BFx games I would recommend running an fps cap set to almost your lowest fps. This will smooth out CPU spikes especially if your shooting for high fps.
    Use the user.cfg options as in-game settings are limited.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  4. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Just my 2 cents, Nvidia 436.48 seems to help eliminate that stutter too. So if you still didn't update to this version, I highly suggest you do and test again.

5. dervu

dervu Member

GPU:
    2060 RTX 6GB
    Oh my god, that you guys for this topic. It is insane how much difference it made for me. I was hoping that new PC would be blessing in FPS games, but it wasn't until this fix in Windows 10 (disabling Exploit protection).
    Tried every damn tweak on internet for services, BIOS, network, swapping routers, checking every damn parameter. Something was wrong, everyone in CSGO was kinda prefiring me, even bots.
    Just this one fix made so big difference it is insane, no stutter, no delay, just looking at this smoothness is euphoric.
    I was wondering how people play games like CSGO with reactions over 200ms, while having avg 150ms myself. Now instead of losing to noobs I topfrag most games.

Having all unnecesary services disabled, Win10 just for gaming, perfect internet, 144hz monitor, nice PC and finally this cherry on top of this. I can finally play as it should be played... too bad it took so much time. Shame on Microsoft for doing this.

Blackfyre and eGGroLLiO like this.
  6. kman

kman Member

GPU:
    1080ti Strix
    You disabled all of the exploit protections?

7. dervu

dervu Member

GPU:
    2060 RTX 6GB
    Yes

8. kman

kman Member

GPU:
    1080ti Strix
    I wonder if there's something wrong with the exploit protections or of its just the price to having them.

9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    ... just to continue: or just insufficient CPU or bloated session...

10. disq

disq Active Member

GPU:
    GTX

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Don't post that crap here, uninformed bs users picking data to fit their viewpoint instead of actually doing real measurements and having an expert analyze it.

jesus, theres too many people that don't even understand what DPC's actually are and refuse to accept their choice in mainboard is as much a factor as the things they connect to it.

12. disq

disq Active Member

GPU:
    GTX
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    I use 1070 + 4930k + plain 60Hz display and I have zero stuttering.

Smough likes this.
  15. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Every gamer in the whole planet and known universe experience sessions of stuttering. Either you are unable to distinguish it or you subconsciously deny to see it.

16. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    I have to call that a BS statement, it depends on the game and HW plus settings.
    I don't experience any stuttering in games I play under normal usage.
    I do hit the standby memory bug in games I play but only in remote circumstances.
    I do play on Vsync off and on a 60hz panel with an fps cap.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  17. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Understandable exaggeration.

I just do not play all the games in the world. And games I play do not stutter. But if they stutter invisibly, indistinguishably for me then let me call it "do not stutter".

Are you professional psychologist, a scientist in that field? If no then you will understand me not taking this statement seriously.

warlord likes this.
  18. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    It is impossible to have stutter-free gaming for any matter. Data flow is never perfect due to its complexity and random spread code unoptimizations as its human's hand that write those lines. Wherever we suggest that we enjoy something, reality behind electronics technology is undeniable.

19. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    But reddit threads discuss not streaming-like stutters (at the start of level, or at fast turn around) - that`s what I relate to data flow - these are just cute features of games. They discuss DPC related stutters dispersed sporadically through the gameplay - I have never witnessed such one.

20. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon™
    Ok, so who knows the difference between DPC stutter and Net stutter because they can feel the same. Quake Champions and Anthem can suffer the connection stutter.