1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fix game stutter on Win 10 1703-1809

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Mott, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    It's probably just your game eating it and at 8GB it's normal.

You should send us a screenshot of the issue too. It's possible we may have to adjust some settings for such a low memory system.

2. Smough

Smough Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Except it doesn't on my system and never has. The situation started when I used ISCL. I sorted it out anyway. Thanks for not even reading what I posted.

3. Smough

Smough Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Screenshot of the list of processes or ISCL?

4. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    Screenshot of ISLC app when the issue occur.
    Also 1 thing 100% certain, ISLC cannot make your game use more RAM.
    I want the screenshot only to see why it didn't clean standby memory.
    At 8GB RAM, I expect GTAV to eat all your ram too.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019

5. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Turn on the other memory reporting fields in task manager and eat your words.

GTA5's minimum rquirement are a lie, the game needs 12-16GB minimum because it keeps all loaded data in memory (or page).

6. Smough

Smough Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    When I play for a couple of hours, I'd take a screenshot of my RAM max usage after a while, then you can eat my screenshot. You can print it and eat it with rice, probably tastes good. You can't fix stupid, so believe whatever you want, I've got nothing to prove to anyone, much less someone who acts like a troll. I don't need to turn s*** at anything in the task manager. I use a tool called MSI Afterburner while gaming to get reports of everything, like a civilized person.

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It shows what a class act and how much maturity you have when you stoop to name calling when you're actually challenged on your incorrect beliefs, and you've got not just me but also Wagnard saying it.

The game is only showing a higher memory usage with ILSC because the extra is no longer being paged out, you need to learn how process Commit size works and why stuff gets choppy when the value of this exceeds available physical memory.

When GTA5 launched, it had a bug that im sure misled even Rockstar because instead of using more available memory, it was just ballooning the process commit space, but once they had fixed that up, it became very opbvious that the game was pretty lazy at memory management.

Pictures like this don't exist for no reason
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  8. Wagnard

Wagnard Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX 1080
    ISLC free the standby list and because you have only 8GB the game happily use the memory that was freed by ISLC.

You should be happy that the game use more RAM tbh. This mean more game data are on memory and less HDD scrubbing.
    ISLC doesn't interact directly with any process in any way.
    So technically nothing wrong here, just the game seeing more memory available than usual and taking it.
    Anyway , probably my last answer for you on this as I don't like the attitude here.

Cave Waverider likes this.
  9. Smough

Smough Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    GTA V never had this issue and never ate the whole system memory. Never got past 6.5GB of RAM usage. Only happened with your tool with the 1024 MB setting. At 2048 MB this behavior stopped. The program didn't fail to clean the standby memory with the "vanilla" settings, if that's what you meant. Probably it's some weird behavior that the game has when your tool cleans the standby memory. This doesn't happen with the classic standby method with a scheduled taks every 3 minutes, GTA V never consumed all of my RAM with this method:

10. Smough

Smough Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Ok.

11. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Too bad you can't at like a civilized person.

Only warning you're going to get, cut it out. Be nice.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    [​IMG]

it'll use what whatever memory is free to cache world data.

reboot the system with msconfig set to windows services only and im sure it'll use even more

13. Smough

Smough Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    I apologize and I get that I probably should have been banned, thanks for giving me a chance. However, if you read what he said to me, it was not very nice either, probably I should't have bitten, but it happens. Again, I am sorry.

14. Turanis

Turanis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Boys & girls,sorry to intervine,but with 8-16 GB RAM whats your page file???
    Do not disable page file.
    Dont let Windows make automatic size of page file.Choose fix numbers,min&max be the same size.
    Let page file on system disk,usually a SSD system disk.For GTA V this is a must (even for BF 1 & 5).

Xtreme512, Smough and Kolt like this.
  15. Smough

Smough Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 3GB
    Well, in my case I let Windows manage it and yeah, some games do require a pagefile or they can crash. I'd like to set a fixed page file size, but honestly does not seem like anyone knows the best formula to set it. I have 2 SSD and I have the pagefile set across both and I let it change dynamically. Is it better to have it as fixed? I mean, SSD are ultra fast after all so I tend to believe that a pagefile that changes size often would not affect an SSD.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019

16. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    Wise move - to place pagefile on several disks. Windows should use the least burdened (at the moment) disk.
    As for formula: set fixed size and if no apps crash because of insufficient memory then it is OK. If apps crash then increase a bit.

Smough likes this.