1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[FIX] DisplayPort Link Failure...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Eastcoasthandle, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    I think I've spent way to much time trying to figure this one out.

If you are like me and you upgrade your 10 year old monitor you will realize that they don't use dvi ports any more :). They are now mostly HDMI and Displayport with varying revisions. However if you use DP you might come across a peculiar popup screen whenever the monitor goes into and out of sleep mode and even alt tabbing out of games.

https://********/tpPL2G6/Capture.jpg

When you wake up your monitor it will make a sound similar to inserting a USB Thumb drive in your USB port. IE: Device Disconnected Sound.

There is a fix. You have to use regedit and do a search for the word EnableUlps change it from a 1 to a 0. Then reboot your PC. When the monitor goes to sleep it should wake up without the error message and Device Disconnect Sound.

Someone smarter then me can explain why this happens with DP and why this works. However, MSI AB also has a feature to disable ULPS so if you are using that you can check that option and reboot the PC.

I posted this hear because it is something more common with Radeon video card users from my time researching this. This fixed the issue for me. Results may vary.

Edit:
    After all this time it's now clear what ULPS actually effects. Because it was never an issue when I was on DVI.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    sherpagoodness and SpajdrEX like this.
  2. sherpagoodness

sherpagoodness Member

GPU:
    Nitro64/Morpheus56
    tested, works well

good call, kudos

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  3. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Just a reminder.
    If you update your drivers you will have to repeat the process.