First time in Guru3D ......

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by deathvirus, Mar 16, 2005.

1. Tom F

Tom F Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saab 900
    came here whilst downloading benches for my then new computer (one in my sig)

took me ages to join the forum though...

its a v cool place. one of the 2 forums i post at

2. MastA

MastA Guru3d's P.I.M.P.

GPU:
    BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC AGP
    same here LOL^^ i dont recall why i came here but i stayed ever since

3. nm+

nm+ Don Cappuccino Staff Member

GPU:
    old
    I was a giant noob.
    I needed help ocing my ti4200. No one helped me, I figured it out myself and I seem to not have left. Hummmm.

4. BuMp

BuMp Maha Guru

GPU:
    Intel 540
    I came here from Tomshardware.com to download the drivers for my previous NVIDIA card. And joined the forums. It just ROCKS.

5. ceotri

ceotri Guest

This site is probably pretty good, but anyway I can't find even my own grpahic card drivers! Here is so much all kind off stuff. So it would be good if guru sites would be more clear. And if someone would be nice and tell me where I can find here dreivers to my nvidia geforce 6800 le. :)

6. chickenRUN

chickenRUN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 7950
    i remember needing drivers for my voodoo3 3000.. then i just kept commin back

7. Morketh

Morketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 3GB
    I came to da guru to get some help on a videocard i believe and then i stopped coming and had another problem later on and then i just never left hehe
    great place :)

8. Pr0v

Pr0v Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus A9600XT/TD
    I came here to get help oc-ing my old geforce 4 mx440, and sought advice about upgrading my card.
    I sticked around :p

9. drwngflies

drwngflies Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260
    I found this site looking for a way to solve a nVidia driver issue,. . . ummm,
    two days ago. From the moment I received my second reply, I Knew the Gurus had their act together. I was really impressed, (easily, that is), by how much effort they put forth in trying to help with my issues.
    Although the problem wasn't corrected, I do not believe it was an issue of faulty advice, more than likely, a bad card.
    I now have had approx. 35 posts/replies in two days, at this rate, I'll be @ 100 in no time. Can't wait 'til I can post a custom avatar.
    The advice is informative, the Gurus are patient, and knowledgable, and so far, they have gone (as far as I think) out of their way to provide all the info they can find for me. So far as to post links, graphs, and referrals to products @ the best prices they could find. And to this I am grateful to be able to be here.
    I found a remedy to my initial problem, and it is in the mail. I'll be fraggin' in no time at all.
    Thanx Gurus..............

10. Royicus

Royicus Ancient Guru

Is that such a good idea to say? Then people go back and look at your first posts.

You'd be surprised who looks like a complete noob when they first joined ;)

11. Dr. Vodka

Dr. Vodka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X
    IMO this is one of the best forums in the internet. Full of good people!!!!

It will be hard for me leaving this forum (if ever that happens)

g3d pwns the other forums!!!

12. jose antonio

jose antonio Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD 4870 800/1000
    Well, I have been on this site since 2002 I think, but then I decided to join the forums, I haven't post a lot since I registered but I have been here most of the time reading the threads and posts, except that the last 2 months I became addicted to post [​IMG], hey this is the only site I post, apart from few posts I made at gamespot. I liked this site, but hey I wasn't a newbie in first place. I would like to build an Athlon 64 system or dual core system in the future, but this stuff is impossible to get here or would be so expensive that won't be sold. I don't want to get outdated here, because I haven't deal with raid, SATA, dual channel, fortunately guess I won't be having problems with that.

13. the_cleric

the_cleric Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    mmm....I guess I came to Guru3d to talk about hardware and stuff like that...
    it became really appealing after about a month....this really is the only forum I post on regularly....
    only other forum : Gaming Forums
    (and my clan forum...but that doesn't count...as well as a private fun forum ^^)

14. WolfPup

WolfPup Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800 OC (12/5) extra pipes don't work.
    I came here because I was looking for video card reviews, and ways to squeeze more performance out of my components. a year later I joined.

anyway, I think we can all agree that this place owns and is full of good people, because the mods don't tolerate crap anymore. they just ban you if you act like you don't belong here. this is a good thing.

15. BuMp

BuMp Maha Guru

GPU:
    Intel 540
    ......Also first time when I came here(forums), created account--->made a thread regarding RDRAMs---->since then I am here like literally 'GLUED'.

P.S. My previous name at guru3d.com was shy.

16. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    I dont remember what I was looking for when I first came here, but really this place is addicting, I tell you first thing in the morning I boot up my computer open firefox, click bookmarks, and there to my sleepy eyes is my oh so wonderful bookmark to a place called guru3d, I tell you its an automatic check everyday ever since I started posting here.

17. the_cleric

the_cleric Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    yeah same for me ^^
    only started posting a lot again since school isn't that hard anymore...there was a time when I changed school a year ago when I didn't have time for guru3d... :(
    but I'm kinda...back ^^
    my first name here was "darkcircle" maybe someone remembers...although I guess not ^^

18. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    I came, I saw, I read, I joined, I posted, made some Sigs and I was addicted lol. But I haven't posted much lately but Guru 3d is the best computer forum on the web:supercool

Welcome to the new guy,
    All da best:)