First PC Build. Need Advice Please!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by CritRicker, Jul 16, 2013.

1. SOLLERHOLLER

SOLLERHOLLER Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7790 2GB OC
    i would consider for anything else external so u can carry it around maybe where ever u go :)

2. CritRicker

CritRicker Member

GPU:
    n/a
    I was thinking 2tb Western Digital....actually just looking at them right now. Lets say I ran a game or a program i couldn't fit on my ssd for music because i needed the space.....a 6gb/s 7200 rpm hdd would run just as fast as a SSD or where are we in comparison?

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    running games from HDDs is fine most of the time, some games have improved loading times and in some games where there's textures being streamed in, it's better to run those from SSDs. Main benefit of SSD will be seen when you run your OS from it. seriously, they boot so fast and once your in your desktop, everything is ready to go. You'll love it.

4. CritRicker

CritRicker Member

GPU:
    n/a
    Awesome, thank you so much for your help! Now, just from reading on line though, do you know anything about the RAM situation Ive read?....I guess people bought faster RAM but it was only running at 1333 and should have been faster. Guess the solution was to configure it in BIOs. Is there any truth to this?...I think the RAM i selected was good. G skill trident 2x8gb 2666

5. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Set it manually in BIOS.