1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Grid 2 Gameplay Videos are out

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Sep 28, 2012.

1. warezme

warezme Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 970GTX Classified
    The gameplay while very pretty, looks as unrealistic as the first. In the first,you could be flat out in front of the pack in a straight away and all the sudden all the cars would surge past you out of nowhere.

2. Mikedogg

Mikedogg Banned

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4650M 1GB
    [​IMG]
    Yawn...

3. ViperXtreme

ViperXtreme Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Super Jetstream
    hmm, looks more arcadey than the first and major turn off for removing the cockpit view imo

4. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    m;oi354690igert3456uy76345th,g.[wp4679245-3igmgvwau95u4yu7w45akgl

Sorry, had to clean my keyboard ;)

Respect for using the Frostbite2 engine.

5. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    It sounds great to me

The Showdown engine was really optimized in comparison to GRID, but didn't look as good imo. I just love the real cars and how they feel (some call it too arcady, but I love it), I hope that they've made further engine improvements for GRID2, judging by the videos it's going to be at least as awesome as GRID, apart from the no cockpit view.

6. 1Shakal

1Shakal Member Guru

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE 7970 RADEON HD
    i still play first grid to this day. 2nd one cant be here soon enough

7. Size_Mick

Size_Mick Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1070 8GB
    The videos look pretty fantastic. The only thing that really bothered me is that on the California Coast race, the cars didn't have enough backslide. There's no way a car like that could go around unbanked curves that fast without spinning out. I was hoping that GRID 2 would have more realistic handling than GRID did.

8. TheMistifier

TheMistifier Member

GPU:
    MSI 770GTX
    In the fist vid, i can see one problem - why are all the CPU drivers completely rubbish at racing driving, by that i mean on almost every single corner there's tyre smoke on most (if not all) cars, locking wheels going into corners and then drifting out of the corners. I know this isnt a sim, and i do own Grid 1 amonsts others, but why oh why do they insist on going round corners in the slowest possible way.

The jury is out for me, until we get some more details of whats under the hood ;o)

9. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390 8GB
    Because it looks better when they try to show it off in a video/gameplay preview.

10. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ Vega 64
    Same gear, Same feelings. I mean I have all the SimBin Sims,rFactor,GTL the standard collection of Sim Racing fare. Grid was exactly like you said it struck a nice balance. Great Cockpits and TrackIR support give it that extra edge of realism when you have the gear.

Not surprised really I suspect it's the consoles that caused this loss. Trying to jam as much "shiny effects" down the throat of the aging boxes means stuff like detailed, working, graphic intensive cockpits get the axe for the sake of cooler dust effects on the side of the road....and for me a game I will just end up passing over.

DiRT Showdown was a good example(I have ALL of the DiRT series)Thankfully I got Showdown with my GFX card that one was a big pass. Playing it was just alot of shiny in a VERY hollow shell. No Cockpit, No Transmission just Gas/Brake, Go Stop and looking all bright and shiny doing it....

Edit: Well I only watched the first Trailer but I honestly saw NOTHING new in that at all in fact I recognized the track from the first one(If it's not it's pretty damn close)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2012

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Might as well just play nfs most wanted and pcars. This could of been a nice balance of both like the first grid was but sadly it looks like they want it to just be another arcade racing game.