First full review of AMD Ryzen 5 1600

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070 @2050Mhz
    I'll be surprised if you can run 4.1Ghz at a safe 24/7 voltage, most information I've read points to about 3.8/3.9Ghz for a safe 24/7 overclock. These Ryzen chips need loads of voltage to get to 4.1Ghz.

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I was talking about RAM, not new chipsets. What issues do you remember with DDR4 on Intel btw?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  3. chispy

chispy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6900xt / RTX3090
    Yes i can confirm that is true , that was with the first initial Bios released that came with the board Asus CH Vl hero 0502 it had an internal bug causing it to brick out of nowhere when overclocking the ram to DDR4-3200+ because auto rules on that bios was setting the cpu soc voltage way too high causing corrupted bios , hence the board was trying to auto update the bios to fix itself but on that bios it could not do it , hence bricking the board. A quick RMA and a few days later i had a new board in my hands and Elmor from Asus had a new Bios that fixed the problem by then. That bug has been fixed thankfully.

4. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX5700
    MY board, with the default UEFI firmware, wouldn't even post with the memory above 2400mhz.... Keep in mind, I pre-ordered my board and processor and got them on launch day....

5. WoenK

WoenK Active Member

GPU:
    Vega 64
    Did some further readups on the "review" and it seems that they used 4 RAM modules instead of 2...which at the moment is not supported.
    :bang:

better wait for the real reviews wihtin current specifications...