1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FireGL on X64 with HD2900XT

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by juang3d, Apr 15, 2008.

1. juang3d

juang3d Active Member

GPU:
    Ati 4870 1024mb
    Ithik the issue about the control panel is not in that things cause the file was replaced and i installed it manually from that folder, but i see another atiicdxx.dat inside driver folder, is it possible that this file must be replaced also?

2. juang3d

juang3d Active Member

GPU:
    Ati 4870 1024mb
    ah! about max, the result must be in theory 40, not 23, but with the gforce 8800gtx the result is 4.9, 23 is also a great result :)

3. juang3d

juang3d Active Member

GPU:
    Ati 4870 1024mb
    Ok, with the GPU-Z the PCI-E bus is identified as at PCI-E x16@x1, it means that my PCI-E is working at x1...that can be a great problem and the cause of the results in the benchmarks.

Someone knows how to configure the PCI-E transfer rate, or how to know if the PCI-E is working at a higer transfer rate?

Maxtorag, can you post a picture with your GPU-Z results for comparison?

Thanks to all

4. vijaynair

vijaynair Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 320MB
    One Q.
    Is the selection bug in Maya gone?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2008

5. maxtorag

maxtorag Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon HD2900XT @ FireGL V8650
    [​IMG]

To vijaynair: for me it is not gone. But some 2600XT mods seem to be without it.

6. vijaynair

vijaynair Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 320MB
    then they are very lucky coz autodesk has this to say

Source: http://download.autodesk.com/us/maya/qualcharts/Maya2008_Extension2_win.html

and theres no fireGL patch for that driver yet.

7. maxtorag

maxtorag Member

GPU:
    well, schoko in the main patchscript thread is saying that he does not experience any bug on his 2600XT.

8. juang3d

juang3d Active Member

GPU:
    Ati 4870 1024mb
    Thanks, Maxtorage, i have no lucky, now i'll buy an original firegl, the FireGL 7600 cost 450€ and the 2900xt cost 350€, i'm sure i'll have a lot of problems less if i buy that card only for 100€ more, and i'll have a better benchmark punctuation i think.

What's your opinion people?

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008
  9. maxtorag

maxtorag Member

GPU:
    Well, I guess if you are equipping a workstation, genuine pro card should be your choice.
    But nevertheless, what is now your problem with the mod?
    Just the PCI-E multiplier? That is most likely a problem or setting on the Motherboard, so even if you go pro, it will stil be present.
    The selection bug? Well, you will be able to get rid of it with pro, definitely ;)
    GL with "upgrading" and let us know of your progress/decision.

10. juang3d

juang3d Active Member

GPU:
    Ati 4870 1024mb
    But, the problem is not with a motherboard setting, cause if i use my 8800gtx i'll get the maximun PCIe of the motherboard (that is 8x...:p it's a tyan for xeon, one of the very first motherboards for this kind of xeon) and if i use the card as a HD2900XT i get also the PCIe 8x, also the results are not the expected, cause i have a result of 20 in the 3dsmax test, that result should be 40, not 23, and the performance in max as D3D or OPENGL has not performed better with the mod than with the 8800gtx :p i don't know how Specviewperf does it's tests but the results are not the same in the real work from day to day than in the tests.

If you know something about a mod with 8.44, that will be great and will make the mod complete, i'm sure.

Another thing...what are your results with specviewperf in max?

Thanks for all.