Find Max not working

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by gradea, Aug 14, 2010.

1. gradea

gradea New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 8300 GS
    So, I, on my core 2 duo, loaded with 32bit vista, with my worthless Nvidia 8300 GS, am trying to over clock to get a little bit of performance out of the thing.

However, I have a problem. I can't seem to get the find max core or max mem to work, the "set clock" option remains grayed out except for the occasional, millisecond flash. It notes the temperature increases while it runs, but no other numbers change... I honestly have no idea what to set the numbers to manually (the numbers for core and mem are both at 0.00... does that mean a CHANGE of 0.00? Or is that the number its at, and I have to bring it to the rate I want?)

If anyone knows a good set of manual numbers to change it to, I'm all ears, or if there's some way to get the max settings on the .27 beta working for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX
    clocks at 0.00 means that you should find another utility to overclock your card. And find max yourself :p. (0.00= ATT couldnt read card's clock)

try msi afterburner or dealing with att options (if possible? i dont think att will do it).

overclocking that thing wont make games anywhere near smooth, if you want decent gaming even at low quality, you should spend ~70-80$ and get a decent card.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    ATT works only with ATI video boards.

4. gradea

gradea New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 8300 GS
    Pre vista I actually had a decent over clock utility and could run two moderately intensive games, Egosofts X3, and Bethesidas Fallout 3, fairly well, but yeah, I know, I need a new card.