Finally the UK people stand up!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by davetheshrew, Mar 10, 2011.

1. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    A decade and a bit of Labour mis management, quangoism and wasteful cash spending that drove the country to the dogs.... is that a good enough reason? The issue with the current government is that what they were left with was a situation of them being damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Anyway steering to heavily towards political so I'll stop there.

All very noble but also not what these people were protesting about, lets remember that the person at the centre of this story stood for office, he took part in an election and lost. The people he says that have the right to govern themselves took their opportunity and said no to him. If he is a representative of the peoples best interests then either he ain't listening or the people ain't interested.

2. XL_ence

XL_ence Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 670 DC2T
    WOW. $12,000. Apparently you guys have the highest property tax rate in all of the US.

3. momomo67890

momomo67890 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    285gtx/4750
    lol hows your state so poor with taxs like that....

4. Thug

Thug Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I certainly dont want this to go political and close, but the conservatives did the same thing when last in power. I am old enough to remember it and to have been effected by it too.
    Remember Poll Tax? Remember the miners losing their jobs? Remember them asking people to buy their council house, then raising mortgage rates so they couldnt afford them and had them reposessed?

Its all happening again, but this time they are blaming Labour, lol.

Do you REALLY think all these extra charges and taxes will go down when the country has turned around? There wont be a great deal left as more and more wont be able to afford to work.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    They spend it on stupid crap thats why.

Thats just my house(area) i have customers that pay twice as much.
    the really rich areas pay out the wazuo,po areas less.

no your right we do

TRENTON -- New Jersey's highest-in-the-nation residential property taxes continued to climb last year, to an average of $7,281, according to new data released by the state. The 3.3 percent average increase was the smallest in a decade, and marked the second straight year with a rate below a 4 percent cap instituted through a special legislative session in 2006-07. Still, New Jersey property taxes have grown more than 70 percent since 1999, when the average bill was $4,239. Last year, the average property tax bill increased by $236 to $7,281, according to data released by the state Department of Community Affairs.

The municipality with the highest average bills was Millburn in Essex County, at $19,097.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  6. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some green some red
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  7. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Lol was wondering when someone would post a link to a charlie veitch video, now it's happened. :p

Been following his stuff for about a year and a half maybe longer, I have some doubts about him and his views though.

8. davetheshrew

GPU:
    some green some red
    yeah me to but like I said I like the passion and drive the guy has, I for one stopped paying tv license 3 years ago, have been to court, fined, payed a little and stopped because I realised why the hell should I! if they send me to prison for watching fecking iplayer now and again then they have shown me what they (bbc and government combined in an unholy unity) are all about, money grabbing douches.

As for councill tax well I think thats overpriced for what we get but it is one of those things that need paying if you want your bins taken out, albeit once every two weeks lol.

End prohibition, go on, you know the lords want too,give something to keep us happy for fecks sake. They were debating it today and lords are in favour...cameron and his anti medical ganja policy=monumental 'phsycotic' fail lmao

9. Zareph

Zareph Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire NITRO+ RX480 4GB
    I must say, kudos to those who stand up to the governments in this nanny state day and age.

Politicians need to know there are limits; now if the same thing would only happen to the IFPI, MPAA and RIAA... I dream of the day they're all guillotined...

10. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    The TV licence is a piece of piss to avoid, just send them a letter restricting access to your property and that you don't wish to be harassed by letter, phone or in person and give your reasons and suggest they use their detection van if they need too ;) . Since I've done this I have not had a letter or had anyone at my door for 4 years now.

Before that I just ignored the cnuts but got sick of them knocking on my door so the latter sorted it once for all.

11. davetheshrew

GPU:
    some green some red
    what is this?? restrict access? what

12. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    It was something I googled years ago and found letter templates to send, you can by law withdraw right of access to your property if they are harassing you. You can find it on one of the anti tv licence websites.

Apparently every 10 years they start bothering you again just fire off another letter.

Also remember never to give your real address when buying tv related stuff or it will just start the bs again.

13. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Rubbish, we'll never stand up, we havn't got the balls of the Libyan's, Egyptians etc..., we just bend over and take it, always have done, always will, utter spineless country.

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Hey now thats not true, I once ordered a cheese n bacon with mustard samitch! but they forgot the mustard...I wasn't going to say anything..BUT I stood up and said hey! you forgot my mustard!..the cute girl giggled and said sorry and gave me my mustard :3

.....It's a start...right?

15. k3vst3r

k3vst3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    it's trespass letter

16. Altazimuth

Altazimuth Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X 5870
    A Scouser not paying his Council Tax ...... How unusual :giggle2:

[​IMG]

17. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    ...not as bad as Canada!

18. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    this is just about the blindest comment in here tbh.

you really bought into the whole doing something free thinking and against the system means you are a trouble makers, bad, evil, crims. That the 5h1T that American TV has pedaled for the last god knows how many years? we do generally not want to be like America at all you do realize.

we don't "get away with it" we have fought over time and through due legal process to keep our rights, but we are at a point where the US isn't which is our police don't panic and fire guns at people who disagree with the law makers and corporate crooks.

the USA is one of the least democratic democracies going :)

19. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Some would say it's not a democracy, I don't know though, haven't done my own research.

20. phill1978

phill1978 Master Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 1GB 5850@840/1140
    blind patriotism is still blind :)