Final thought for the night ..

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by DannyD, Apr 8, 2021.

1. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt
    8:30 am PST

my final thought last night was how much of a fail Nvidia's Lovelace mobile is.
    i love high-end laptops as i game when i'm out of town or attending to my elderly relations.

i am the target audience for a RTX 4090m (the same gpu as the 4080) or in an ideal world the RTX 4080m. the 192 bit bus on the 4070/ti is a fail for me.
    what i know now is that not only will they be excessively expensive, but there is a clear value in going for Ampere mobile on sale and not just for the high-end.
    the thought occurred to me that Nvidia could've done everyone a favor and released the 4090m as the 4070Ti and keep the wider bus...but then they did go ahead and produced all of the gimped 4070Ti's.

right now i'm still rocking a RTX 2070m which is showing its age (had to re-paste cpu and clean out the fans).
    the good news on the RTX4xxx M front for me is that Asus has put self-cleaning fans in it's ROG and TUF gaming series.

i just have to wait and see what AMD has going on for the mobile high-end.

BlindBison likes this.
  2. cucaulay malkin

cucaulay malkin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AD102/Navi21
    no crystal ball needed, just look at rdna3 power numbers.
    sad thing is, nvidia will easily beat them even with cut down skus, especially in mobile, they're 30% ahead in efficiency on ad103 for the same performance, and limiting the fps doesn't really change much, except for ada being even a couple percent more efficient than before and rdna3 dropping down to rdna2 efficiency levels. look at 1440p 144fps litmit result, ad103 is 1.8x-2x the efficiency of 7900 series.

https://www.computerbase.de/2022-12...5/#abschnitt_energieeffizienz_in_fps_pro_watt

I don't know if nvidia really knew they could get away with cutting ad103 and ad104 that much vs ad102/n31 or it was just luck while they had another ad102 or price cut for 103 ready, either way they got away with it, which is terrible for customers.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2023
  3. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

AMD doesn't really have anything to compete w/ as mobile79xx is RTX 3060 (full) equivalent.
    there are a few lappies w/ AMD cpu's & Nvidia gpu's like my trusty old ROG. the power equation of Intel+Nvidia means far too heavy (and noisy) laptops when you count the power brick (and as i travel a lot i have to count it)

4. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Can you do your nerding someplace else at all?:)

5. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
  6. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    Joe Rogan is rich, but he's primarily Joe Rogan
    Some folks are rich, and that is their identity.
    These folks, have no eyes.

7. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4070Ti OC
    He only sees with one eye at a time

tunejunky likes this.
  8. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    The question is not why most folks are callous nowadays
    The real question is what makes the few that aren't, be that way.
    IMO it's cause they're God fearing.

Oh, sister, when I come to lie in your arms
    You should not treat me like a stranger
    Our Father would not like the way that you act
    And you must realize the danger

Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    Airbud likes this.
  9. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
  10. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060

11. tunejunky

tunejunky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx/7900xt

DannyD likes this.
  12. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
  13. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
  14. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
  15. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060

16. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    In my very early teens i was introduced to 'very good' music, started with Lennon and then eventually went onto Dylan, Dylan was tough to get into at first,
    but the person introducing me to these legends didn't give up and i eventually got right into the sound.
    I went on to play guitar for 10 years and a little harmonica too.
    Anyways, this isn't so much a vid thread so thought it about time to get some words out.
    I meet all kinds of folks in my job, one of the most appreciated qualities is from those folks that 'keep it real'.
    Where i work is among many privilleged folks and they hardly even look at you, as i've mentioned here.
    One family tonight tho, not only didn't look at me but didn't even say a word when the opened their from door to me, not even a 'hi'.
    I really respected that, as many of these folks are all happy talk, full of 'take care', 'have a good one', 'oh hi how are you doing', yet they don't even look at you, not once.
    Don't get me wrong tho, i'd say around 75-85% are like this, the rest either keep it real or they actually have manners or they're just good folks inside.
    I'd much rather live back in Spain if i had the money i'd go, i'm pretty fluent and blend in quite well.
    Next year i've a big birthday coming up and it's been my plan for a while that when that birthday should come around,
    i won't be working where i am now, just a little proimise i made to myself.
    I'll save a little and piss off abroad for a few months, like i used to do, got as far as Sahara one time, last time i took a trip like that i ended up driving to Rouen, the place Joan of Arc was killed in France.
    Good times, but yeah, no need to worry about me and this stinking job i have (10% pay rise nxt month so that's ok), i could drop the job anytime i like too so it's really fine.
    Take care gurus just checking in.✌️❤️

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
    BlindBison, vestibule and Airbud like this.
  17. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    What is the most beautiful thing your eyes can see on this earth?
    imo, and it's been my opinion for a very long time, is that women are the most beautiful sight your eyes can see on earth.
    The most wondrous, imo are the stars above.
    The most inspiring, is the heart of mankind, the human spirit.

vestibule likes this.
  18. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    Projectiles.
    If you haven't noticed imo human being are obsessed by projectiles.
    Think back to when you was a lad. No one told you how to throw it was a goto.
    I would even say its an instinct.
    We are actually highly evolved to throw things.
    tbh If I was confronted by a cougar on a forest path I feel, and no doubt I would instinctively look for some form of projectile and optimised for the job.
    If I was a cougar I do not think I would like to be on the receiving end of a rock traveling at 70>90 miles an hour and be on my way.
    But it don't stop there ICBM projectiles.
    I tell you we are hooked on projectiles.
    I don't think I will ever visit a country where stoning is the norm. Just in case.:p:rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2023
    DannyD likes this.
  19. DannyD

DannyD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 2060
    I'm so obsessed with my dog's ball launcher i got tennis elbow in my good arm, now i've developed same skill to launch with my weaker arm.
    So much fun, we use quality tough bouncy ones and he dives right in air to catch, honestly dog ball launcher with a quality tennis sized bouncy ball is the best.:D

vestibule likes this.
  20. vestibule

vestibule Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX6600XT
    There has to be a joke in there somewhere: dogs ball launcher.

BlindBison likes this.