Final (Really!) DHzer0point 6697

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by PoopyTheJ, Feb 8, 2005.

1. DaIVIageInc

DaIVIageInc Guest

Hey Poopy (LOL I laugh everytime I see your name), what are you using to cool your processor? I can only get mine to a 3.4 with the vcore set to auto. I am using the Zalman 7000alcu cooler. I know this is off topic, but I had to ask.

2. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    dont set vcore to auto its better to specify the vcore.

3. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    X1800XT Crossfire Edition
    Actually Auto works fine for me, the nice thing about the P4's is if it gets really crazy hot it's gonna throttle down to safe levels, however I haven't reached that point yet.... DaIVIageInc believe it or not my cooler is totally stock with AS5 ;) It's a northwood core though so they run a good deal cooler than the prescotts if thats what you've got. From what I've read most people are running into a bar at about 3.4 for the 2.8-3.0 range on air, of course I spend too much time on drivers to do as much reading up of processors as I once did

4. DaIVIageInc

DaIVIageInc Guest

:D That's cool that you managed a stable overclock that high with the stock heatsink. NICE! I have a northwood also, I just can't get it above a 3.4 without it becoming unstable. I haven't raised the vcore. Is there a way to find out the stock vcore for the chip? I would like to raise it a little and squeeze some more our of it. I suppose this would be more appropriate for the OC'ing forum :D

5. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6800GT 387/1.07
    CPU-Z tells you your current voltage, so if you've never changed it, it's stock ;)

6. chennhui02

chennhui02 Member Guru

Is it possible to optimize a forceware for slower system, i.e. Pentium 3 with mid range GPU such as 6600GT? With such system, a person tend to play game at much lower resolution i.e. 1024x768 and lower quality. In view of this the CPU might be the primary limitation. Since modern GPU could handle the flouting point calculation and geometry quite well and thus might help offloading those task from CPU? (I presumed that CPU that do those task)

Please correct me if I am wrong. :)

7. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6800GT 387/1.07
    offloading would require modified chipset drivers as well, sorry :(

and yes, a pentium 3 with a 6600GT...the pentium 3 is BY FAR the bottleneck, or perhaps the PC133 RAM

8. NemeAlamoda

NemeAlamoda Member

GPU:
    BFG nVidia GeForce 7800GTX
    Don't complain *points to specs on the right hand side*.

9. Agizor

Agizor Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 4870 512MB
    Prolly not your problem, but nVidia's, but anyway, I get this on CS Source:

[​IMG]

10. chennhui02

chennhui02 Member Guru

Thanks for the clarification. That is too bad because I do not know how to modify the chipset driver. Your DHzer0point 6697 is the best driver I have tested so far, it boosted the performance a lots under performance mode.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2005

11. DaIVIageInc

DaIVIageInc Guest

Yeah, but it jumps around between 1.55 and 1.61 so I dunno what auto has it set to. I do know that if I set it to 1.65 manually I don't post. Anyway, thanks for all the help, your drivers rock!

12. DragonOrta

DragonOrta New Member

GPU:
    GeCube X1900XT
    I just installed your driver last night and started to play some HL2DM. After about 30 minutes my computer froze and then shut off with the blue screen mentioning a memory dump and nv4.disp or something of that sort. Does this have to do with Window's DEP? Thanks

13. Turbitude

Turbitude New Member

GPU:
    8800 gts 640
    Ive found these to be the best for allround IQ. The speed seems almost as good as the 71.20's but the difference isnt worth the loss in visual quality compared to these drivers. Even in quality mode these look great, hard to pick the difference from the high quality mode.

14. nikon

nikon Member

GPU:
    MSI Geforce FX 5500 128MB =|
    whats the password to extract?

15. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    guru3d.com :\

16. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    X1800XT Crossfire Edition
    Do you have an Athlon 64? if yes then definitely has to do with DEP if not, try turning it off for that application anyways and see if that helps...