Final (Really!) DHzer0point 6697

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA Modified Drivers' started by PoopyTheJ, Feb 8, 2005.

1. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    X1800XT Crossfire Edition
    Here it is, we've finally gone and gotten our act together and wrapped up development on the 6697 series drivers. We're still commited to quality with as little performance impact as possible, however, due to overwhelming demand we have changed our release somewhat. Whats new you ask, well...

-Updated Quality release
    -NEW Balanced Release
    -NEW Performance Release
    -Updated SLI profiles
    -VMR support added
    -AA no longer enabled by default (some applications have issues with AA set in the Control Panel)
    -More performance enhancements
    -More IQ enhancements
    -Farcry Game enhancements included
    -LtcyCfg tool included with this release (we've tried to find the author, if there's a problem with this someone let us know)
    -Fancy installer courtesy of Ruud Ketelaars aka Spike (Drivercleaner Pro Author)

Changes....
    -Quality release fixes the texture aliasing issues some users were reporting. There is a performance hit, which we are working on minimizing on our next set, if you want to run a release similiar to the previous Quality release we recommend the Balanced set.

Head over to our NEW WEBSITE and pick them up.

You can discuss here or over on Driverheaven.net which is where we're found most of the time.

[ HILBERT ] - As token of our support I've added a mirror for these drivers on our file-server. You can find them here:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=983

As always, special thanks goes out to Zardon, Hilbert and the Guru3d Gang, md5, Spike, Judas, Knyz, and our Beta Crew...you guys rock!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  2. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    Downloadin' now will report how they are.....anyone else!!!!

3. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    personal question though.....are they better than the 71.xx series???

4. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6800GT 387/1.07
    indeed

also let me know if anyone has issues with the website :)

5. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    Some people, our beta testers, like these over our 71x betas currently, some people just have issues with the 7x series others really like em...

6. sp00ky12000

sp00ky12000 Guest

As long as they take the yellow water out of hl2...css;)

7. stalkersoftware

stalkersoftware Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800 OC @ 380/800
    Downloading now, Will post back about them :)

Ohh allmost forgot
    Website looks good but the navigation is a bit tricky ;) How will people know what those bars are for?

8. double_cut

double_cut Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PS3/360 Elite
    Site is pretty nice here in Firefox, but I cant bring myself to use drivers supportted in any way by ATI Heaven. That combined with my love of the 71.20 drivers atm means I wont be switching.

Good call on taking out the forced 2x AA tho by default, when I tried the old non DH version, it borked my BFME quite severely with the old black screen problem.

Im sure they will be a nice set, and they always get positive feedback. Good luck with them. :)

9. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    Thanks for the support Hilbert we really appreciate it!

10. Sota

Sota Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G
    This is an absolutely superb driver ;) I got a 5-7 fps increase with this driver over the XG71.20b along with the latency tool configuring my audigy to 64 as well as the 6800. I get no v-sync tears either.

Thank You :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005

11. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    Well, from all of what I have read here and on Future Mark I guess it is just my system.....

I got 225 as score in '05:eek: :eek: now I know you guys have said that they dont run the marks very well, but WTF?

plus, I got serious stuttering issues in HL2 to the point where it would lock my machine....maybe I am running Driver Cleaner wrong but I am doing it the same way I always have....

I delete the Nvidia drivers with uninstall , run driver cleaner, reboot and install.....I believe that is the right way to install new drivers yes??

12. baroudan

baroudan Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS 1950 XTX
    are you running driver cleaner in safe mode , because the first time in run it, all my nvidia files disappears, audio, ethernet...all, and now i run in safe mode and use the nfr tool , you can find this tool in guru download section if you don't have it.

13. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6800GT 387/1.07
    glad you like them Sota...

and that's a bit low mykledw :lol:

your not by chance accidnetally unisntalling chipset drivers too are you?

14. mykledw

mykledw Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSi RTX GT 2080
    safe mode...no not that way I will try that....thanks!!!

And I am prettty sure that I am not erasing my chipset drivers cuz when I put back in older drivers all is well, but I will try with nfr and see what happens.....thanks guys!!!

15. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    yeah our drivers shouldn't do that - uninstall reboot to safe mode, run DC, reboot not connected to internet run installer reboot should be good, check your device manager and make sure no mobo drivers got fubared or anything too...

16. Daimerous

Daimerous Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS on 2 SyncMaster 205BWS
    I love that word!! Great drivers too.

17. Fulgore04

Fulgore04 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce 980 Strix
    Can u post the 6xx css autoexe? i get an error when i choose to install it via the installer :(

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  18. Davy1shoe

Davy1shoe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3090ti
    Got these drivers today and ive only played SOF 2 online with them but seen my hit /death ratio go wy up not the best looking on this game but if im dieing lees i couldnt care about the quailty

19. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ Member Guru

GPU:
    Dammit, we do though! :D I gotta get that game, none of our beta testers have it...

20. VDaishi

VDaishi Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7800GT x2
    i have it :p but never really play it. i love how people will be like this driver rox Xtreme G pwnz i went from 50 to 80 fps from the 61.77 omega drivers! im like uh.. dude its a totaly diff version how can u base it off that heh. the 6x series drivesr are generaly more stable than the 71x and sometimes are faster. depends on ur system really.