Final PC Build, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Jonbajo, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Jonbajo

Jonbajo Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12gb
    This is my fianl PC Configuration that I will be buying in the nxet few weeks.

NZXT Apollo Black Case
    Corsair Vengeance 8gb (Low profile (for CPU heatsink to fit) and 1.5v)
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    OCZ Vertex 4 256gb
    Core i5 3570k
    Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC

Any suggestions? Thx!!...

2. wlw_wl

wlw_wl Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 6850 non-Toxic
    If it's for games, I would suggest some cheaper CPU, but stronger GPU. Sandy wouldn't be a bit cheaper and therefore let you buy a 7950 ot GTX 670? That would make much more sense - if it's for games.

3. DF-1

DF-1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 580
    agreed, and I personally, would take a lesser capacity SSD, or no SSD at all. wont improve frames, will only cut down on loading.

4. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    I'd rather get a 128GB SSD and a 1TB or 2TB hard disk. Or if you have hard disks lying about, 128GB SSD and a GTX 670.

I suppose you're reusing that PSU which is good.

5. Kaktus

Kaktus Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1060
    Almost the same as my build.. :nerd:http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=363505

Cpu is fine i would say, it's more future proof so you can always in a year or 2 replace the gpu only as more demanding games comes out. :)

6. Jonbajo

Jonbajo Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12gb
    reply to other posts

I have a lot of programs to install - Sibelius, Wavelab, Cubase (music notation and recording programs). Hence the 256gb SSD. I'd rather have more than enough room so I don't run out. Yes I have older hard drives that I will use for storage in my new pc. GTX 670 is way out of my price range. I thought the 7850 would be a good compromise because my pc will be used for many different reasons. But yes, maybe the 256gb ssd is a little excessive.

really? This isn't only for games. I am trying to buy the best graphics card for my money though. maybe I should have mentioned that. you would advise against buying a ssd?

again this isn't only for games. But I do want to be able to play some good games! lol. And the 7950 is quite a bit more for me.

any other suggestions? is the motherboard and i5 3570 a good pair? thx!!...

7. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    the only people who wouldnt advise a ssd are the ones that dont have one.

8. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    ^this.

Although, I do agree that a OS/core apps SSD with secondary storage for games and temp files is the best configuration.

Loading games off a 2TB(using 400GB of just games) RAid1 HDD array with OS on ssd are comparable to load times on my laptop with only an SSD.(World of Warcraft loads in the same time, maybe 10-15% slower from HDD)

Overall OS performance and responsiveness is improved with SSD, even going from a hybrid drive to a full SSD on my laptop I am very pleased with it.
    Just make sure your windows 7 is properly tweaked and set up for the SSD.

9. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    i fully agree +1

10. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    even gaming is improved with a ssd, especially games like the witcher 2 and games with big maps etc

11. Jonbajo

Jonbajo Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12gb
    like i said, i don't want to run out of room on the sdd, as pc common sense is you'll run out of room with anything you buy eventually. and i have about 600 gigs free from my old hard drives (used for storage). and i also plan on buying a new sata 6.0gb/s some time from now. any other suggestions?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  12. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 FE H20
    games that do streaming while playing, like crysis too. games that just load the map all at once dont get improvements really.