Final Fantasy XV PC Cancelled and yes that includes RTX features

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 9, 2018.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    PC sales count for very little of it actual sales, they didnt halt it cause the director left they canceled develop of other 3 dlc for the other platforms too, because they posted a 33mill lose, what ever profit they made came from the console sales not the pc. the director leaving was just reported at the same time the 33mill lose was reported.

the director had nothing to do with this neither did nvidia, SQE maybe doing well with there other games , but FF is not they been trying way to hard to turn jRPG turn based game into wRPG that play more like hack n slash,

LikeI said for DQ thank god they didnt change DQ gameplay, cause that is the only RPG left I like from them that hasnt been changed from them, Just like I like Breath of Fire series, but hate capcom and dont want them to touch the series cause they might mess it and trying and sell game using it name that plays nothing like BoF

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    and dont get me wrong I not defending Nvidia or SQE here, or the Director I dont like what SQE and or the director did to FF, It just not saying it not Nvidia fault

Maybe "The Quiet Man" has alot to do with lose too seeing that failed harder then "The Bouncer" did

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  3. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    It's priced $66 here right now. The price should have been lower to start.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    woops... wrong thread.

5. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    It actually does. Just one brought into the modern era.

Ummm ok I can't believe you're actually comparing FFX with mobile games, which we all know are absolute poop and money milking machines. Mobile gaming? Really? Welp...you just added -100 credibility and validity to your opinion now!

Also, 35million....LMAO.... FFX is in the top 6 of all time in sales. We're talking about actual games here though, not mobile crap.

LOL. Plays FF games, but not for the story. LOL! It's always been about the story. Gameplay too, sure. But the story was always one of the biggest parts of FF games. I'm starting to doubt you've ever actually immersed yourself in any FF game. I mean I can still remember moments of tears from some of the events in FFVII

.....but I'm not surprised someone who can barely put a sentence together has an issue with that. Story that is.You want gameplay...ok. Well, there's plenty of it. And it's not an easy game by any stretch when you have to start being more strategic with enemies and attacks. Having played only a small amount I can see how you wouldn't know this though

I'm 47, been playing FF games since, most likely, before you were born. And I like FFXV. So, since you're claiming that older people, long time fans and the like, won't like the game, I'd just like to say on record that you're wrong. I'm probably one of 10s or even 100s of thousands who is 35+ and loved the older games, and loves this one as well. It's one of the best FF games there's ever been.

Btw the gameplay is still turn based. Seems you missed how that has been integrated though. It's not stop, move, attack like older turn based games but the turn system is still there.

It's not hack and slash. You didn't play enough of it if you still think that.

Wrong. PC sales are significant. But yes less than consoles obviously since it's been out longer on consoles.
    "Whatever profit came" - they made no profit apparently. Or did you forget you just mentioned the $33 million? Regardless, Console or PC, they made a loss. It has nothing to do with "they made no profit on pc" - I'm starting to think you lack any basic logic or understand of...well....anything really.

Also, 33 million **loss** not lose.

Finally, please learn to punctuate and paragraph. Your posts are extremely hard to read.

6. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Should **have***. "should of" is not a term used in English.

Also Spirits within was ok but whether you like it or not doesn't change the fact it was Final Fantasy.
    Just like new Star Trek - fans are like yay we love it. Then come those "other" fans who say "it isn't Star Trek" - yeah well sorry, but you don't get to choose whether it is or not. It is. It carries the name. It has the spirit of the series. It remains Final Fantasy (or Star Trek in my example) whether a few snobby critics like it or not.

But hey, maybe someone who likes mobile games more than PC games knows more than me.

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    New ST is ST, but only as it is in that universe and crew is SF as they have kind of uniforms and everyone in crew claim to be part of it. But quality of series is something else.
    Main characters are "breaking character" within same episode they established it, or in next. Picard's / Janeway's crew was put into hard situations and they voiced their thoughts about morality of choices. STD faces such situation, character almost always does worst thing possible and there is not even glimpse if thinking about SF's directives/morale values.
    And as for story writing on macro level, they did not plan it even remotely, that's why last episode is such a rush on the goal. And again bending of characters as writers did want those same characters who established themselves as trash to look good.

Best characters in entire season 1 were the bad guys. Because there you could follow them and they were consistent to their character:
    - Capt. / Empress Georgiou (Captain managed to die before script would beak her character. And Empress is scheming, self serving, narcissistic and manipulative.)
    - Capt. Lorca ("Cause justifies the means.")

2nd best was almost voiceless crew. In both universes they lived and died by rules they believed in. So I liked more crew members who were consistently at their posts as that was their job, and did not talk much at all.

So STD deserves all the heat it got in any part if 1st season. As it started with poor character writing. Continued to break characters. And finished by bending and twisting several times broken remains. Lucky "villains" and voiceless crew.

8. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    I don't even get why someone would play this emo, sjw, crap jap fashion excuse for a game. But oh well, you will get one less lame gimmick, you still have plenty of LGBT features in the game to vomit to.

9. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    I'm not far through the game, what's SJW about it? Serious question.

10. gx-x

gx-x Maha Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1
    I don't know, I look at the game and benchmarks and all I see is soyboy simulator with no gameplay whatsoever. To each his own I guess.

11. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    So it's just a general cost-cutting measure then? I suppose there's no need to spend more money on DLCs and RTX features as they will only add to the cost. Seems rather defeatist to me but I guess they have good reasons.

I really wish Final Fantasy would return to its old-time roots. I never liked the J-pop character designs and the modern elements in the game (a car in a FF game?). I just hope the FF 7 remake lives up to expectations.

12. slyphnier

slyphnier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    many FF fans probably sounding more for classic jRPG style with just pretty graphic
    but dev-team, producer and director seems want to make FF-brands as JRPG that keep evoluting and always with latest tech, hoping that going to amazed everyone
    they dont want like just redoing same things, same gameplay with just improved graphic. its more like own-pride

its completely different path to DragonQuest Series that prefer to stay on classic-path
    if u already played latest DQXI, u will know there are not much change beside few minor improvement.
    But many people like it that way... for most that is what the iconic in DQ series

this where FF-developer-team seems lost their sense
    their vision for future-FF-brands, and how they implement those new things to the game seems kinda ackward, that end up for most people feel the game is un-complete/ not fully polished

it feel like they didnt have clear vision what they want to create
    probably something like "lets create more dynamic battle-system" ... but then they not have clear vision/detail on how to create that dynamic battle-system....

OR it can be also the dynamic battle-system they want to create simply to complex or their engine reach limitation so it cant be done

that what i feel in FFXV... then seems lost focus on what important, they giving tons of side-quest that not really matter to main-story-line, and main-story-line also isnt that great.
    if i am director, rather than tons of sidequest, i will rather make alternate ending, it can be like revert past happening as well change the ending
    similar to DQXI, where u need to play twice to get real-ending... that cheap-trick is always works to make game feel twice as long LOL

or if want to extend it more, can go with nier-automata path.... with each ending unlock another ending

i also thinking that "DLC" poisoned them... make them thinking, they can keep fixing and releasing content after game release... rather than make-completed game like in old-days

on past game, each director have really detailed on how the game will need to be done, and didnt have idea to fix or add more content with DLC like now

13. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    Yes, it's certain that something like RTX support (rtrt) would have have had little to nothing to do with this announcement, imo. I agree completely that RTX has nothing to do with it. If they couldn't get RTX to work then that would not have stopped them from shipping the DLC--it was something else entirely--they'd have simply said "We couldn't get RTX to work" and shipped anyway. Because, right now, "RTX" is a marketing feature that not even nVidia can support in a real-time demo that it can ship with its own RTX products (2d videoclips pre-rendered on non-RTX hardware don't count as demos *cough*) ...so I won't be holding my breath waiting on anyone else to support it--or, to put it this way--to support it in a manner which indicates a technology that is distinctly better than rasterization in terms of image quality. Lack of RTX is certainly no reason to cancel a planned release, I agree. Losing money, otoh, seems a far more likely reason.

14. hell_knight

hell_knight Member

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti Gaming 6G
    Not habing installed it yet due to starting the witcher 3 a few months back with all the expansions...bad nees indeed