Final Fantasy XV PC Cancelled and yes that includes RTX features

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 9, 2018.

1. slyphnier

slyphnier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    where u get low sales numbers ?
    https://gearnuke.com/final-fantasy-...antasy-xiii-6th-best-selling-title-in-series/

like i already posted, it just long-development that causing the profit loss
    speaking of prices, in amazon japan, FFXV is selling at 1550yen atm
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01DN9WFB6

2. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX RTX2080
  3. slyphnier

slyphnier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
  4. Mateja

Mateja Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GT 640 12140MB
    Final Fantasy XV is a great game ... nothing is down the drain. just let it die. this is coming from the biggest SE FF fan. I was the one advocating for this game when everyone said they never wanted to see it... show me a better game cuz I'd love to play it. let them move on to KHIII, so they can finish your FFVII remake, and maybe someday before we die we'll see FFXVI. Rome wasn't built in a day. maybe had their community not trolled ffxiv and ffxv to death and reincarnation they wouldn't have thrown all those assets away and diverted so many years of development on this stuff. (we should be playing kh3 and ffvii remake now and watching trailers of ff16 had that fiasco not occured). just be glad it was a few DLC to make an already finished game profitable for them, instead of what happened with ffxiii 1 2 3 nobody wanted that at all. (or just a bunch of dumb cel phone games because that sells better than next gen dev which is expensive to make and not easily profitable)

personally I am glad SE made this move and is coming to their senses with development and announcing things (or not announcing things rather). I never wanted any DLC for this I just wanted to see it happen at all. it happened. let's move on with our lives shall we. maybe some day 10 years later you'll actually play it the whole way through and understand how good it was because this level quality simply doesn't happen elsewhere. it's a sign of the times really. don't define everything by their failures. or it will become a self fulfilling prophecy of failure. avoid that negativity bias... look for something good in good things and talk about that, ever.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
  6. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Guy, Your name isn't accurate.

Funny I was born March 6th 1985 and I'm the one being real here. If you read, you would see it's an internal conflict at SE. Also DLC is currently cancelled all platforms DLC wise. New features that were PC only with Nvidia features are cancelled. SE at least was honest and said it has nothing to do with any other company but themselves.

That is the redeeming variable here.

You are NOT being real.

What I think about all this is that, while I get there is an internal conflict with one person leaving....that should not concern everyone else wanting to give their fans what they deserve and want. At least finish the PC patch with Nvidia features. If they have to stop DLC fine.

But at least provide fixes and the feature sets for it. I'll miss DLC yes, but you know there is a give and take to this I think. Sad to hear about issues. Always is. I think its best for SE's image to just look past it and move on, as well as the producer. If they can't work things out. Move on anyway.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    Was not this one coming with cool combo system? I play mostly MP games and having group fun like that enables me to easily overlook that it does not exactly fit in.
    Same goes for FF: Spirits Within. Did not fit, but it was lovely nonetheless.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    oh spirits with in was shitty movie, if you if went in thinking final fantasy, but if you didnt know what any of that it was was actual quite decent imo it shouldnt of carried the name final fantasy though. same for FFXV it shouldnt of carried the names and should of been called something and if and removed or reference to final fantasy from it, but that is me

like said I played demo to it and was instantly disgusted from the game play cause it IS NOT final fantasy game play it was hack splashy in my eyes and many others,

9. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Didn't I give a warning earlier about posts like this? Jesus lord, just stay on topic please!

tensai28 likes this.
  10. Koniakki

Koniakki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    This thread... Went just as fast as FFXV...

[​IMG]

11. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Nah. The game isn't down the drain. It still exists and is great as is

Wrong. The game sold extremely well across all platforms. Upwards of 7.7 million.

1st of all, since you've made this mistake in several posts, I have to correct you: Should HAVE. Never is it "of". One of my pet peeves, I make no apologies ;)

It is indeed a Final Fantasy game. Whether you care for it or not is irrelevant. You don't get to choose whether it is FF or not. I initially thought it wasn't very FF in style, but once you get into it, it really is. You probably didn't give it half a chance and had already made your mind up.

12. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 2080 Ti
    Is on topic. I discussed everything about the topic.

To further discuss the topic. I'm not the only one who feels the same way.

I still feel its disappointing that it's happening but they should still support features and fixes.

The guy was bashing Nvidia claiming they were behind the Square Enix issue. He was corrected. Everything is about the topic.

And here is still hoping they continue with at least the RTX and bug fixes.
    Thank the guys misleading people lying. I agree though. I won't be accused for derailing when I'm correcting someone. That's a shame. I discussed the whole topic and still am.

I don't get how people can have the facts straight from SE's mouth and still say Nvidia is doing it.

Nvidia didn't have a single thing to do with SE's Internal Conflict. So really its on topic. We just have people wanting to spread lies about it.

13. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Title is also very misleading - "Cancelled" instead of "DLC cancelled" - makes it sound like the entire game is being removed from stores

14. slyphnier

slyphnier Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1070
    you mean the game price you right?
    its already been 50% off multiple times https://steamdb.info/app/637650/
    at $25 still thinking it need lower than that ? well probably it wont long before it go to 75% off

15. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Well, at least the name of the game is literally true now.:p

carnivore likes this.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I played the demo that was enough for me to make my mind up about it gameplay it does not play like FF game and imo FFX was last that did, after that they slow been moving to hack n slash gameplay, if they do same crap with FF7 "remake" the series will be permanently dead to me, till they remeber what FF games play like. The only FF game made is last few years that ACTUAL plays like FF games is FFBE which is mobile game and has had 35+ million downloads FFXV dont even come close to that... there alot more people that want that gameplay back then people that like what it now, most those people are the people that never played the game before, alienate your long time fans it just to get new people to play and old not wanting it is not good business practice. FF games have always been turn based rgp's right up too FFXII which where I started losing interested in the games, I liked the stories but I liked the gameplay way more. then came FFXIII which pretty much automated good portion of battle system took alot fun out of game, then FFXV which as which hack n slash gameplay, I never bought FF games cause of story or graphics I bought them cause I LOVED the gameplay style.

Atlest they didnt frack with the gameplay of Dragon quest games, yet

Yah that is kind how i readed, then for while I was say "was this not released" or was it a "beta" release.

17. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Not surprised that this happened because alot of FF fans were very disappointed with FFXV hence the low sales because it went away from the Turnbased Style of RPG that FF was known for. It probably would have been ok if the game was a spin off game and not part of the main series. That's what I think anyway.

Very true. They did not touch the game play of Dragon Quest yet. Hopefully they won't since they have Dragon Quest Heros if they want to do hack n slash.

18. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    Hey so, when I say didn't I give a warning about not being on topic, and your post starts with you being real or fake or whatever, you don't reply in the same topic. Take it to PM please. But let me also remind you here,

This is not a democracy. There is no freedom of speech here. kthx

19. KwameJackson

KwameJackson Member

GPU:
    I havent posted here in like five years just to let you know, This has nothing to do with Nvidia.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    lucidus and BangTail like this.
  20. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I basically stopped playing FF games after 9. I liked 7, hated 8 and was so-so about 9. I also played a good chunk of 1 and 2, and finished 3, 4, 5 and 6 using emulator. Ah, the good ol' days. My faith in Square/Enix isn't what it used to be, especially when they keep recycling and reselling their games, often times with minimal effort. Although I'm happy about a FF7 remake I am scared to think of what they will do with it.

Like many others here, I found it annoying how some people automatically came out and accused Nvidia of causing this (just because it was heavily promoted by Nvidia for RTX doesn't mean they were responsible for its cancellation). The only thing that's suspicious is why they're halting PC development just because the director quit (RTX support is a technical feature, unlike DLCs which are gameplay or creative features). Perhaps the director was the main person who was pushing for it?