Final Fantasy XV PC Cancelled and yes that includes RTX features

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 9, 2018.

1. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Do us a favor and take out your anger at AMD forcing you to use only 2nd tier GPU's elsewhere. What is it with AMD fannies being the worse trolls?

BangTail likes this.
  2. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

I'm not sure of what point you're trying to make here. Regardless of the nearly irrelevant feature size, AMD has nothing GPU wise to challenge Nvidia for at least the next year. I don't even know what your claim "Nvidia was offered a chance to join the 7nm consortium and declined." Even means. It's made up, there's no consortium Nvidia needs to join at TSMC or any other foundry. Smaller feature size does not erase the issues AMD has with their uarch limitations.

BangTail likes this.
  3. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    Can you deny the points I wrote? No? Thank you.

Vega 64 beat the RTX 2070 in Battlefield V in every benchmark with updated drivers on both sides.

2 points:
    1. In terms of share, Intel has a much larger lead over AMD in CPU segment than NV has over AMD in the GPU one. In terms of performance, AMD has a choice up to the GTX 1080/RTX 2070. Maybe about 1,5-2% of the gaming community has a 1080Ti/2080/2080Ti. So the option is given.
    2. NV just made the new generation of GPUs completely a PR thing.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  4. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700XT
    Well... that's your opinion, i think it's been absolute garbage.

5. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I could not care less what a single bench shows fanboy. AMD can't even beat a GTX 1080 never mind a GTX 1080 Ti. Please take your trolling elsewhere and grow up.

BangTail likes this.
  6. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    I was talking about the RT fail. Why talking about performance?

BTW, same performance with the 1080. And why a highly anticipated AAA title played by a lot doesn't care for you? :(
    [​IMG]

And this is a 1,5 year old benchmark.

https://www.computerbase.de/2018-10...nchmark/2/#diagramm-cod-black-ops-4-2560-1440

Regarding new games, the 1080 can only beat Vega 64 only in some NV supported titles, else they are on par or Vega 64 wins.
    So you just lie, sorry.

7. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    These people and their fakakta brand loyalty, so misplaced.

8. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    I can understand you as you are a milked 2080Ti owner.

9. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Actually, I think you meant 'very happy (multiple) 2080 Ti owner' :)

Oh yeah and enjoy ignore :p

10. BReal85

BReal85 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapph RX 570 4G ITX
    As I see, you don't really like facts. Bye! :)

11. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Glad I never bought this PoS, overhyped and failed, 0 worth, perhaps for fanboys;

Currently acquired Origins Gold and ROTTR anniversary and when I finish those, I am gonna buy Odyssey Ultimate and SOTTR croft edition, perhaps with a new rig by then.

12. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    None of your points, I repeat, NONE of your points had anything to do with the topic of Square Enix shutting down PC production of FFXV. Yet you go off on a completely unrelated rant that "Nvidia is spitting customers in the face again and again. Nice one." That was basically pure thread-crapping which resulted in the derailing of the thread. No objections to your 'points' (whether true/false), just argue them elsewhere in a relevant thread topic (preferably in Nvidia section).

13. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti
    Idk man.. your first post makes a lot of weird connections:

The SotTR demo wasn't final performance and it's definitely not indicative of raytracing performance as a whole. Every single dev working on RTX said that there are ways to get more performance out of it but they need time to tweak it and develop them. Some of those ways include decoupling raytracing resolution from raster resolution. In BF5, they found significant performance improvement (30%) by merging multiple object instances into one in the BVH representation.. and they found that after the 60fps demo. Neither game utilize the dedicated tensor cores for denoising and DICE mentioned that they think they could start the raytracing earlier in the frame asynchronously to increase performance. AFTER all that, DICE also mentioned that it could tweak the raycount to further increase performance. So it's entirely possible BF5 launches with RTX enabled and hits 100+fps at 1080p or they are just straight up lying - but we're talking about extremely early demos here. DICE mentioned that they did all the development of the features on a Titan V and only got Turing hardware like a week before the demo.

Also the reason for most of the RTX delays is that RT relies on changes made in Windows 1809 which is also delayed. Square Enix cancelled all their content for FFXV, your post makes it sound like it was just RT specifically.

And I get it - I think for the most part this launch has been pretty terrible marketing wise. There is a lot of promised value-add that failed to be delivered and even more than people are talking about (Mesh shaders, Variable rate shading, etc). But I don't think hyberbolizing and blaming the failures of other companies (Microsoft/Square) on the tech itself.. or even attacking users for buying it does anyone any favors.

14. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070FE
    That spiraled out of control fast.

So some of you need to calm down.

Fender178 and anxious_f0x like this.
  15. Fox2232

Fox2232 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT+AW@240Hz
    "nVidia's DLSS AI analyzed game and advised canceling of project after burning through rest of Share Enixes budget for it..."

16. tunejunky

tunejunky Master Guru

GPU:
    RadeonVII RTX 2070

but you're wishing and hoping.
    i'm talking fact and manufacturing.
    and ES already in existence.

17. BangTail

BangTail Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I'm not 'wishing and hoping' for anything, if AMD have the superior product, I'll buy it.

You have no facts or proof of a superior product, so you have nothing.

When we actually have confirmation that AMD have a superior product, then I'll celebrate with you, not before.

It seems that it is you who is 'wishing and hoping' for an AMD success.

I don't care which company has the better card, the only thing that dictates, is which company I'll buy from.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  18. tunejunky

tunejunky Master Guru

GPU:
    RadeonVII RTX 2070

Oh Please.
    So Apple, AMD, Qualcomm, and Fujitsu laid out a few billion dollars with TSMC for EXCLUSIVE initial production, and you claim there's no consortium.

call it what you like, it exists and Nvidia DID decline to co-invest in the 7nm fab.

and my God, where do you get your info from?
    i get mine as a Member of the Consumer Electronics Association.
    we put on a little show called C.E.S.

carnivore and Fox2232 like this.
  19. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/final-fantasy-15-dlc-canceled-director-hajime-taba/1100-6463112/

people need to stop blaming NVIDIA for things, do they do some shading things sure? but they have nothing to do with why this is happening to FFXV for PC, like other have said IF FFXV was actual not called FFXV and was a new IP people would not of compared to a FF game the last FF game to play like FF game was FFX imo and the ONLY FF game made in last 5 years that DOES play like FF game is FFBE which mobile game and wasnt even developed by SQ.

FFXV was nothing more hack slash game to me when I played the demo, I disgusted by and refuse to buy it

Then again this has already went off the rails

vbetts likes this.
  20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Meh ... while I would've liked to have seen Vulkan, at least do the decent thing and remove denuvo from the game if you're EOL'ing it and posting big losses.

Those two are great games .. hf.