Final Fantasy VII Remake

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Yes but my question is, can I own both the free version and the disc version? Just theoretically ofc.

2. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yes, disc versions will need disc to upgrade and to run the game while Digital versions wont, and can be upgrade so long as you bought it.

PS+ (free) digital version wont upgrade.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    OK, great!

I added the free version to my library now just to check it out. I'll most likely buy the PS4 disc version later and upgrade to the PS5 verison in june.

Edit - 30fps sucks. I wish there was a bit more motion blur. I think I'll get the disc version later or wait for a digital sale of the PS4 version and then upgrade. I don't want to pay 85€ (that's what PSN games cost in Sweden) for this.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  4. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    hmm so it gona have 60fps mode, good enough reason for me to play the game again

5. Chrysalis

Chrysalis Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 FE
    Pretty much this, SE are milking it to the max.

We have already spinoff games coming out for mobile platform, They took sony's money for part 1 to be PS4 exclusive for a year.
    I think sony have paid them again for yuffie DLC to be PS5 exclusive and for intergrade as well.
    I think it will eventually come to PC but its an unknown depending on how much exclusivity time sony wanted.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Got the Ultimate Weapon trophy today, that was more frustrating they actual beating the game in hardmode..which guess makes sense cause accessory start off battles with limitbreak up, which would made thing even easier then might to be in hardmode

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    20$ for yuffie story, and it seem to be complete seperate from the main story/game

Performance mode NICE from what i can tell and 1440p? nice jump in quality over ps4

But performance mode is supposed to be 60 fps? yet for some reason 60 mode seem like everything double they actual speed, even the cut scene look like there 2 time speed, no 60 fps I ever play looked like, I actual went to check my tv motion smoothing to make sure if was off cause it felt like it was on.

is it running 120fps in performance mode? or did they just not tune the animations and everything for 60 fps? i might wind up switching to graphics mode 60fps is fluid but this too fluid and moving to fast. Even UI interface look like it in 2x speed.

I go play Nioh 2 and GoT and 60 fps look and feel 60fps no 2x speed effect so i know my tv's motion smoothing isnt on.

That Aside it look amazing and the god damn door dont look like ps2 age texture :)
    and i see no load times transition from chapter to chapter is seemless

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
  8. dave6479

dave6479 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI x3
    So far very happy with this, I finished the original twice back in the day. The pricing method is unusual, I ended up paying £20 for a second hand deluxe PS4 version last week then updated for free to the PS5 on the 10th, now seen the Yuffie story is £15 which I'm really not that bothered about anyway. I'll imagine the free upgrade has been spoken about quite a bit here but its crazy to pay full price for the PS5 disc version unless you have more money than sense.

@tsunami231 I can't say I noticed anything unusual with the speed and the 60fps is nice. I haven't had a look at resolution mode yet so will try that later. I intentionally only played about an hours worth of PS4 version as I wanted to wait for the upgrade. I did notice the two versions on my console storage a PS4 and PS5 version so ended up deleting the PS4 version which was slightly more around 90ishGB, the PS5 version being around 83GB.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    @dave6479
    Gamespot review noticed to too, or atlest it touchs on it, I think it more to do with camera movements in cutscene were not adjust to compensate for fact now running 60 fps but after 5 hours + in to it i stopped noticing it for most part. Combat is stupidly smooth now, sadly now the game really does feel like action hacknslash :(

Really would kill for FF games that plays like 1-10 that looks like this and not this action hacknslash crap

But 60FPS still better then 30 FPS any day of week and or month

10. dave6479

dave6479 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780ti SLI x3
    Yeah going back to 30fps looks and feels terrible in all games I've tried and especially after the resolution mode here. I don't own one proper PS5 game since I got the console in late February, they have all been upgraded PS4 games on the cheap and well worth it. The 60fps is making the difference for me and that is why I stopped playing GTA5. Anyway FF7 is one of, if not my most enjoyable game to date and I will thoroughly be enjoying this version even if its only the first chapter. Yeah hack and slash is a bit off putting at first but I can live with it. Looking forward to that arcade area once we get to the world map!

I even still got all my bonus items with the £20 deluxe PS4 version, now that's value for money.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Oh the game is good, I wont argue that I just think it would be so much better if they had left it combat system alone, I said it before i will say it again I would pay full price for addon that gave the turnbased combat back:D