Final Fantasy VII Remake

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by WhiteLightning, Sep 13, 2019.

1. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    So I'm finally in Wall Market. The Hell House fight....... all I can say is.
    [​IMG]

I was not expecting that foe to translate to this new Midgar that I was currently in but it did and that was a fun fight.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    "Bite my shine metal ass" has voice role in the game, btw I like Original name Aeris more then Aerith

I also like to know why they pronounce "Mako" like it" has two "o" in it.

I went back to play the original and I have more fun with then the remake, music better in the remake though

4. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Aeris is a translation error.

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i know still liked it better

SerotoNiN and KissSh0t like this.
  6. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Beat the game this weekend. The last 4 hours or so are very different from the original and annoying as hell. Drop in quality imo. Overall 7.5/10. Before that last 4 hours, it was a 8.5/10 for me. Basically, the last chapters in the Shinra Corporate building are just garbage. Still had fun up to that point. I'll replay it, but when I do, I'll stop once I get to Shinra.

Ghosty likes this.
  7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    once you got in shinra build the story changed alot the added stuff to make longer made sense for most part but thye stuff the changed that was part of original intentionally I didnt appreciated.

Overall i like the "remake" but they should left the story in it original form just ADDED stuff to not changed part we already knew, now if I didnt play original which I did countless time and FF7 wasnt one of all time favorite games and FF games which it is I probably wont not of cared.

I went back to playing the original, and frankly i didnt even get to mansion yet and I put more hours into it then the I did into the remake which was around 40 hours then again you cant "freely" level up as you please in the remake, and remake is not actual 40 hours long it IS if you watch movies and cutscene 20 hours if you skip the movies and play the game and after first run threw even if you do all the side quests once you fiqure out where everything is atlest it was for me.

Last edited: May 11, 2020
    SerotoNiN and Ghosty like this.
  8. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I’m in the train graveyard now. I never wanted a 1:1 retelling with fluff added. So far this is what I wanted. I of course have not finished and reserve the right to change my mind if the end is a big FU but I doubt it’s that.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    depends who ask the ending of the midgar completely diffrent from original, personal I didnt think it worked with everything up to it then again explain those "ghosts/whispers" that where added to the game that where not there in the original. The ending to midgar is has nothing to do with how the original ended it complete re write of the original ending

That being said I DID enjoy the first part of FF7R didnt mind the add story, but them changing the story is kinda a FU to fan of game imo. then again them chaing combat system to something like FFXV combat is FU to fan imo or atlest to me.

10. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    IMO if you want the old game play it on PC with mods. It looks really good that way. I wanted something different but at the same time had some familiarity. Honestly the fans that say they wanted a 1:1 "remake" to the original don't really know what they want. That would be too predictable and would be stale. This way we all get something new, and it's still FF7 in essence.

11. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    again mater of opinion to me it not the same, I have the orignal for pc and ps1 and ps3 and ps4 have more fun with them then the remeake but atlest the remake is current graphics, like said i didnt appreciated or like the changes to the story, you dont change a classic

The combat change was changed to get "new" people to play much like it was in FFXV. which many reason why i have not really liked FF for last few releases.

FF7 I been waiting to see in current graphics with the story and combat intact for 20 years, I got 1/3 of and lucky they even did that, cause still no FF game todate has matched FF7 sales, which was there main reason for not wanting to do it in first place and probably why they split into 3 pieces

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  12. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The old combat with current get graphics would be jarring and procreating boring. The story needed some updates it was a bit too much head cannon needed in the original.

KissSh0t likes this.
  13. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Going through the destruction of sector 7 plate to get to the Shinra building now (chapter 15). I’m level 33 currently hoping to have quite a bit of fun with the boss battles coming up. I did all the quests in 3, 8, 10 and 14 but the all quest trophy did not pop. Guess I need to go back to chapter 10 and get the Madam M route to get the trophy to pop.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3200U
    Is the voice acting as bad as the videos make it out to be? Can you turn on Japanese voices?

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    I feel the voice acting is pretty good. Only complaint I have is Leslie and Madam M. Everyone else did great.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I hate pull up achivment, I screw up the pattern often once it not on screen and when I pattern right I windup messing the timming and when I do get both right he manage to pretty much do the run perfect.

it the one achievement i missing

17. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Pull up achievement was the most annoying trophy.

18. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    with ps5 looming i wonder if there gona split have all parts on ps4 or re release them all on ps5

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I thought the next slice of the remake is PS5 only?

20. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Finished the game (first playthrough) over the weekend.
    Holy crap that ending was bonkers!!! The story changes were welcomed with me. It's understandable that Arieth and Sepheroth would be privy to the (previous game) future considering their connection to the lifestream. The giant Heartless was a bit much though and while it was a fun set piece fight overall it was a mess. This makes me excited for the next game as it's all uncharted territory now. BTW I like the META that teh whispers provide.) [\spoiler]