Final Fantasy VII Remake

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by (.)(.), Dec 6, 2015.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970

Screenshot - Combat
    [​IMG]

Gif - Combat
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
  2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Guess it would have been expected this would be how combat turns out. Sure to cause rustled jimmies

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I didnt mind HacknSlash in KH because that was a nice alternative the the FF games and suited the universe it was set in, not to mention the target audience.

It would seem that because of KH success even with the older crowed and FF veterans, SE took this as the preferred combat mechanic with fans.

Personally, I find HnS to be mind numbing. Ever since FF13, the strategy disappeared from FF games.

4. SacredKnight27

SacredKnight27 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
    I'm just looking for the immersion really of the enhanced graphics and hopefully a retained, and perhaps even expanded upon, deep storyline. If it delivers that, I'll be happy. I was always and still am fully expecting the battle system to be vastly inferior to the original. Sadly I've given up anyone else in the industry sharing my opinion that the turn-based style battle system isn't obsolete just because today's technology allows real-time stylings.

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Real time combat in rpgs is the valcro of the shoe industry.
    ---------

Update:

SquareEnix Press Release

IGN

Square have lost the plot.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  6. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3200U
    I wasn't expecting the remake to have included real time combat over the traditional turn based. Never liked the way it played as it doesn't allow time to think. I can't be the only one who struggled using items or options mid battle as the battle carries on regardless.

7. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700 XT UV 1950~
    In the end I don't mind combat being action based. Having the game in episodic format I don't like way to get way more money out of people. Can buy it after they have released all the parts.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  8. Megabiv

Megabiv Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Combat doesn't look different to XV or Type O from that to be honest and both are fun enough to play. Hack & Slash can be just as involving as spending 5 minutes choosing to press attack or magic for your characters turn provided it's done well enough. Purists won't like it but it'll broaden the appeal for a newer audience, and sometimes it's nice to have a different take on classics.

As for the episodic delivery...im not a fan. I'd much rather have a disc copy on my shelf of the whole game over being drip fed a game that will probably cost much more in total. Anyway time will tell if it was a financially smart move from SE or not.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2015
  9. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3200U
    I had my concerns about the remake, even more so when I heard that the turn based combat had been changed in favor of real time. Watching the PAX video has alleviated my doubts somewhat, as it does look stunning.

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3200U
    The game is going to be split in to chapters and will not be a remake of the full game. According to a developer the game is too big to remake completely..... It will also be released on mobile. Ruined before it's even released.

11. TimmyP

TimmyP Master Guru

GPU:
    NV GTX 970 Titan Cooler
    Has it been proven that it is not turn based? It looks like it still might be possible that the party members, including Cloud, as well as enemies might just move around on their own.

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3200U
    I've seen leaked gameplay that shows battles are now real time. It could be a mixture of both, time will tell.