Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Blood487, Jun 14, 2013.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I think the only job Gladiators have right now is Paladin, so you'll be tanking. Not sure if they have another job atm, someone else can hopefully add to this. To become Paladin, you need to level Conjurer to 15. This might have changed in the release version so I would ask in the general chat about what the secondary class is to become a paladin :)

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  2. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    I, for one, am glad this game isn't "just like other games" in the ways a lot of people are complaining about it. People complain that every MMO is just like every other one, then as soon as one comes out they complain about whats different about it.

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    lol, it IS exactly like all the other MMOs. How is it different? apart from little things that all the MMOs do differently (like crafting etc), there is nothing new.

4. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    The class system is pretty different, how one character can do everything. Rift was pretty diverse in that regard with the soul system, but even then you were locked into warrior, mage, rouge, cleric.

Whether or not you like it is another matter.

5. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    New tanking gear

[​IMG]

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Is it true that you have to do a mandatory party dungeon in order to progress through this game because, if so, then I'm disappointed as I'm enjoying this game but only because I'm playing it solo. I have no desire or interest to play it with other people in a party.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    It's a nice idea I think but since you have to start at level 1 with any new class then it isn't much different from just creating a new character of that class, which would at least start you in a new area with different enemies. That said, you can switch on the fly using the Gear Set so it allows you to play depending on what you feel like at the time and that is a very good thing. I started as a Gladiator because I'm boring like that but decided I wanted to try the Thaumaturge class. It's cool that I could but having to fight the same enemies from level 1 again does make it a bit less enjoyable. I got to level 6 before I decided to switch back to my level 15 Gladiator.

I think that you can use an ability from the Gladiator with your other class though... I picked the Flash ability for example. As you level up, I presume you can more which does justify sticking with one character with several classes as opposed to several different characters of different classes.

8. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    Well im level 20 atm and have nothing but an instance todo what part of the quest line Tam Tam something

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, but there's a few builds everyone will be playing. You won't see guardians healing raids. They will tank them. So the diversity on paper sounds nice, in reality it doesn't exists.

10. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    You can borrow abilities from other classes, like cure etc. SQ have said that if you get a class to level 50 it then becomes easier to level other classes, so I'm guessing you get an exp boost for other classes when one class is 50.

11. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    If you want to progress through the main story line, then yes party instances are a big part of it. You fight Ifrit in a 4 man instance around lvl 20-22 and theres several dungeons from lvl 15 onward.

12. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    Btw don't know if you guys have done the materia quest yet, but you need the equivalent level in crafting to the level of the gear to attach materia to it. So it's really useful to train crafting early and level it as your class levels.

For example level 25 iron armour has 4 materia slots and requires level 25 Armourer to attach materia to it.

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I'm just leveling my mining. Naked.

14. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 SLI
    [​IMG]

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    crafting is stupid, period. why do I have to run to a town, accept a quest, initiate a quest, change gear and then mine? Why can't I just mine nodes that should be spread all over the world? it's different, yes, it's not better though! another one of those games that is trying to do certain things differently just for the sake of it. boo.

16. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX3.0
    Has anyone got SweetFX working not sure what directory's to stick it in?

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yep, I used RadeonPro to run SweetFX. Not sure if it runs otherwise.

18. syklonis

syklonis Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 ti
    use sweetfx 1.4 and above it works, but for me after awhile it starts to degrade frame-rates. Turning it off proves this theory as it returns to 60fps, turning it back on it goes down to like 30-40. No idea why this is happening. Re-logging fixes it but it goes right back to doing the same thing after a bit of game play..

Anyways, place the files in the game folder.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    no fps degrading with sweetfx here.

20. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
    Can anyone log in?