Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Blood487, Jun 14, 2013.

1. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
  2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Looks awesome, but since I finally started working after my graduation, I just cannot find time for these kind of games. I barely can finish any SP games now.

3. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Gym and video games, you will never have time for. You have to make time for them :)

4. exquisitev

exquisitev Member

GPU:
    GTX 780 WINDFORCE OC
    You'll try but sometimes you won't succeed.

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Welcome to the real world Wanny :)

6. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800 "Vanilla"
  7. Hisenburg

Hisenburg Banned

GPU:
    HIS 290x
    Too bad you can't apply that to your account you already have.

8. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Indeed. I'd like to try it out again but don't want to spend money on it.

9. Hu1kamania

Hu1kamania Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT 256
    5 to 10% Performance Boost

So I've been playing around with various DX flags via Nvidia Inspector to see if I could find any sort of performance boost, and perhaps a fix for transparent lighting when SGSSAA is forced.

Found that the undefined bit: 0x0092F4DE set to: 0x7532809 gives me a consistent performance boost in the FFXIV bechmark of 5% to 10% depending on settings used.

[​IMG]

Also of interest is how the "CustomSettingNames_en-EN.xml" file in the current version of Nvidia Inspector doesn't show a friendly name for 0x0092F4DE, but 1.9.7.2 did, and 0x0092F4DE is denoted as being the SettingID for "Multithreaded driver" while "0x7532809" sets the flag to "Disable Async, only dual-core optimization"

10. Megabiv

Megabiv Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Well they do a free trial for anyone who is interested in trying it out. I've been really enjoying the Bind Coil of Bahamut which are some pretty intense raids (1-13) which are worth watching on Youtube if you want an idea of the end game in this.

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Free trial is well worth checking out, got me into the game.

Performance is way better than the beta, plus there's been so much more content and fixes since then. Controller support in an mmo is soooo nice.

Also, from the sounds of it, the Heavensward expansions release date is to be announced at PAX in march.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/2vp8yk/talking_final_fantasy_xiv_heavensward_with_naoki/

12. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    This game was a total turn off for me due its excessive loading screens for every single freaking zone etc. I hated it. Are they continuing this trend in their new expansion pack, or actually going to make things more unified and not as fragmented?

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Unified gameworld was part of what ruined FF14 from what I can see. Seriously, go look at a map of FF14 before ARR, it is a literal maze of corridors so that they can make loading seamless.

As for loading, not sure where excessive is coming from, it took me 4 seconds to load ul'dah from la noesca, and then 5 seconds to load central shroud from ul'dah.

14. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I don't play anymore (don't have time for an MMO atm) but I really enjoyed it, cleared coils before they expanded it.

Can't say loading times were noticeably long.

15. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    I didn't play it before ARR, so I will take your word for it, but I am a player coming from WoW and GW2, so I am kind of spoiled with bigger zones, and minimum loading screens. To me, too many loading screens break immersion (even if they just take a second or two) >_<

16. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Idk man, honestly they're so small I barely notice it, I have it installed to my SSD so no doubts that helps, looking for a seamless no loading game even now is a bit of a pipe dream, sure it exists but it's far and few between (outside of open world).

Personally the game is more than worth the wait, I have to deal with my control scheme messing up at each patch, plus if the USB cable disconnects from my ps4 controller mid game it changes all the key bindings, can't reset them in game have to go a config file. (side note I know it works fine with xbox 360 controller). Eh, could be worse than a couple seconds wait yeh?

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, I love open worlds. Games like Rift or WoW where you could just run from zone to zone without a loading screen. GW2 was still ok, zones were massive so the zone loading screens were tolerable.

I completely agree that too many loading screens break immersion.

18. Megabiv

Megabiv Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    From my understanding FFXIV is designed at present to support the PS3 until the Heavens ward expansion. After that I think they'll drop it, but having console players with you is a very good thing since there is a huge community of them playing. I'll take slightly smaller zones for more active players. Oh and they say the DX11 stuff and visual improvements are coming with Heavens ward which is something to look forward to.

19. Megabiv

Megabiv Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Just posting some stuff on the upcoming expansion Heavensward which is released June 23rd. Looking pretty cool and it seems they've made the areas far more expansive than in the ARR (2.0) release. Sea of clouds reminds me of the floating mountains in Avatar :nerd:.

More info about the expansion can be found here and an interview with the directory/producer of Heavensward Naoki Yoshida here

https://www.youtube.com/embed/okypXypR80U

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  20. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Lets hope this upcoming expansion is good. I am waiting on the next gen AMD GPUs and wide curved displays to be out, so I can get going with my new gaming build. I will be mainly building it for the upcoming Witcher, but I would like to have an MMO on side for now and then.

Note: Build sounds expensive, but I build a new PC every 5 years, so not too bad from that perspective :)