Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Blood487, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  2. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    Game looks OK but i don't see why they couldn't just code for DX11. Most ppl are going to buy this on PC anyways and don't start with the xp support ok , it would be hard to find a "gamer" that plays 20hours or more aweek that would be still using XP. Just saying it's..2013 almost 2014...

3. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I'm on Ultros NA if anyone is interested. I'm still not bored from the game yet which is a good thing.

4. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    What are you talking about?

Do you even want to know why it wasn't originally coded for DX11? Here's why. It was developed for simultaneous release on PC and PS2.

It doesn't matter if you think that most people are going to play it on the PC, they need it to be launched on the PC and PS2 at once. This is why they made it that way. Of course, on the internet everyone is a Monday morning engineer.

Belittling windows XP users isn't exactly graceful either. In case you're wondering, they are working on a DX11 version which will launch for the PC and PS3 platforms when it's ready.

5. Angushades

Angushades Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2080 OC
    I know they are buddy. "Monday morning engineer" lol Sure whatever fanboi.

6. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Hit level 50 Paladin earlier and finished my artifact gear:

[​IMG]

Also did an 8 man instance today, was good fun. The main tank dropped near the end and I picked up the boss + the adds I had, using defensive cool downs to survive while dps finished him off :D

7. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Crafting tip: When doing a tradeleve, if you deliver a High Quality (HQ) item you are rewarded a bonus 200% exp. It's easily the fastest way to train crafting. Get the leves from the adventurers guild and look for one where the item is fairly easy to make and the npc you deliver to is inside the city (saves time).

8. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    Here are my latest FFXIV screenshots. The game's lighting is very area/weather dependent. When it's rainy it desaturates and darkens, when it's sunny it saturates and brightens.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Well been playing some more today but I'm really hitting a wall in slow XP progression right now.. :/. I'm level 18 but can't seem to get into dungeons quick enough (been searching for a party for nearly 40 minutes) and local quests seem to have dried up but the areas surround me have monsters too high for me to tackle. Any sort of suggestions to get out of this rut?

I've been doing some fates & the Battle missions but I've done them too many times to get the will to do them all again for the n'th time.

Oh i'm currently in Eastern Thanalan by the way.

10. Wanny

Wanny Guest

I never really needed to grind to far (lvl 40). As long as you progress through your main quest, everything else will open up.

Anyway I'm gonna sub this game. It is sooooo good. Top 3 MMO easily.

11. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Well I'm trying not to grind so to speak but I don't seem to have any quests (story related or not) left to complete. My last story quest was as an envoy to unlock the Airships after that nothing. I can't do my guild missions because I have to be level 20 to start it and the next duty instance is locked at 20 so I'm a little lost as to what to do other than grind through the local wildlife.

12. BahamutxD

BahamutxD Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4070Ti
    Do your main story, if you hit a camp with quests take them, even if they are a couple levels less than you. Do hunting logs, do guildhest.

There is no need to grind mobs or instances at all to level up your first class.

13. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    I'm passed level 30, never repeated any dungeon, never ground mobs, never ground levequests (At most did a few of them once), never ground FATES (Do them as I encounter them and usually only do the same one once.) and I've had to skip dozens of quests due to being too-high of a level and wanting to save them for later classess. I'm always a few levels ahead of my main story quest.

14. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Well don't I feel foolish... I went to one of the other cities and lo and behold was a story quest. I didn't realise that I was supposed to do so much swapping between cities and as such I've spent the last hour or so blasting through quests having a good ol'time. At least I'll know in the future, and that option to show quests when you enter and area has been a god send.

15. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    The only grind is when you want to level another class. Just finished the main story line btw, it's nothing amazing but it is probs the best I've seen in an mmo.

Next is the hard mode primals.

16. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    Just follow the dialogue, they tell you when to go to other areas to continue the quest. You go from city, to outpost, to city all the while being led to areas with level appropriate side-quests. :banana:

17. Megabiv

Megabiv Guest

GPU:
    GTX980Ti SLI (h²o)
    Well I was doing that up until the Envoy mission where you visit all three cities and I got the Airship pass. Like I said it was my own foolishness not to fully check around because I did a few low level quests then headed back to Ul'dah since thats where I started (and spent most of my time).

Anyway I'm now level 22 and have joined some secret group who I can't think of the name right now....still having far more fun with this than I did when I was trying out WoW, but that's probably since WoW was 8 years old and I was grinding through content that was completed/changed over the course of nearly a decade :/

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    If I remember correctly, when I completed the quests about going to each city then one of the cities (Limsa Lominsa) offered me another quest to go towards Horizon then Walking Sands where the story continued. There were a number of quests in that area.

As people have said previously the story quests will take you all around the world and offer you new quest in hubs and unlock higher level quests in hubs you have previously visited.

Currently I'm at Titan Hard Mode and am looking forward to that fight since it's supposed to be really difficult. The step after that is clearing the Coil raid.

The only boring thing would be getting the Tomes at level 50. Grinding Castrum 30 times is not that fun. Would be nice with other dungeons to have some diversity.

19. LNCPapa

LNCPapa Master Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA 1080 Ti FTW3
    I'm also at HM Titan and am eager to get in there to do it as well. I'm just ready to be done with my Relic weapon to be honest - this questline is just too long. I've also been told that I need to start saving up Tomes if I want my Relic weapon right away. The rest of my freecompany have down Titan multiple times and now I just need to find the time to get in there with them.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    You're lucky to have an FC that can carry you. Indeed the Q chain is too long and it's correct that you need 900 tomes to be able to purchase an oil as the final part of the quest. But it seems like the weapon is so good that it might be worth it.