Final fantasy 15

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Bond!JamesBond!, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    Played the demo. I wasn't all that impressed. Real time combat has no place in FF.

2. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    Playing new demo 3, it's amazing development..... Frame rates are smooth too.

GOTY 2016!

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    unless SQE loses this real time hacky slashy like combat, I dont care as far as i concerned this is not FF game does not play like one either imo neither was FF13.

Nor will I buy it like I did FF13 simple cause of it name. only reason I didnt regret buy FF13 was cause I hated it so much I actual went back to actual play FF8 which refused to finish or play cause of the draw system.

FF12 was the start of were I lost intrest in FF simply cause SQE idea of turn gameplay into something that is not turn based with wait/active times systems.

I Might buy FF15 when it like 5$ or less bargin bin but till SQE goes back to its roots and remeber what FF gameplay was and should be, they can sit and spin.

4. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I'm looking forward to it very much. I personally look forward to the new combat, it's refreshing. The series needed a change.

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti watercooled
  6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Just watched kingslaive last night, very visually impressive movie.

Plot was uh, kind of hard for me to follow, but it'll help for the game.

I believe the movie runs concurrently with the game for the first few hours of the game?

7. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Nice, been playing the demo on base PS4 (racked up 10hrs now!). Just ordered a PS4 pro to collect tomorrow but waiting to pick up 4k TV in the black Friday sales.

Hows the performance been? I watched a digital foundry video where they have shown frame pacing to be quite sporadic on the PS4 Pro high quality mode. The normal quality mode on Pro is butter smooth though.

8. IGotWings

IGotWings Member

GPU:
  9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  10. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    No not really, it's got a few clips form it in the game, it would help though.

Or just watch the vid I linked.

12. Angrycrab

Angrycrab Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan XP EVGA Hybrid Kit
    Cool I guess I'll watch It then to get some back story :)
    Thanks.

13. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1070
    Can i just say DAMN do they know how to "Day 1 Update"? 9.4 GB? WTF?!?!

And for PSN.... can't help but LOVE *cough*LOATHE*cough* their network speed. 60 MBit connection... and at this point it says it'll take 16 hours to complete. LOVELY!

14. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Well, I'll say this. HDR makes a HUGE difference in this game with my TV. I bought a PS4 Pro so soon with this game in mind. They redid some ground texture work, added hdr and did their pixel box rigging to make it appear to be in 4k. It's a beautiful engine.

Some low res textures around but the world is so big and vast that you have to forgive them given the hardware they're on (especially the xbox one which seems to really be holding titles back).

I put about 2 hours into it yesterday. Did a bunch of side missions, got my car fixed, more side quests. Back on the main mission now.

I'm enjoying it. They did a great job creating a very oddball world, you have kings speaking in the 1800's style of language with a main character dressed and speaking from 2016, cars and chocobos. It's an insane mix that works for the series.

My biggest gripe with Square's Final Fantasy series was the implementation of voice-over's and how they pushed them so hard early on. I appreciated reading the voices, listening to the music and creating the characters voice in my head. They took away a bit of the "fantasy" part with voice overs and since the PS2 I've hated every FF game to come out solely on that reason (dumb, I know, but it irks me beyond belief for some reason). This is the first time the voice overs don't bother me. They seem to be doing a good enough job acting and I think voices in games have been around long enough now that I'm accepting them in rpg's.

15. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    been watching cohhCargage all day, game is pretty fun tbh. so much to do lol

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Anyone still playing this game? A new update is out!

17. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    Meant to hover around 45-50 on pro in that setting, apparently still stutters. Digital foundry will cover it I bet

18. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
  19. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    Wildly unstable framerate.....Have they never played a PC game? 40+ FPS feels so much smoother than capped 30FPS. I noticed the difference as soon as I booted the game up with the latest patch installed. Having played for 70 hours prior.

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Well it does look bad according to that video, and I'd be capping the framerate at 30 if that was the performance.

Hopefully they add the option back in to cap the game at 30.

21. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    It would look bad if you constantly looked at the FPS counter instead of playing the game.

So having a game running at 30 fps is better than the same game running uncapped at 40+? The logic fails me.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017