Final Fantasy 15

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Serotonin, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Odellot

Odellot Guest

GPU:
    TUF RTX 4090 FO48U
    Good thing that this game supports ultrawide Resolution as well an Xbox One S Controller..

I just wished it will support SLI in the future..Only Getting 70 FPS on a Single 1080Ti on Max Settings with 3440x1440 Resolution..

[​IMG]

2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Why has the config tool and its GraphicsConfig.ini in the main game dir and documents different settings? Tool is saved in main dir and if you change ingame its saved in documents.

Now that ive restarted my game and also my pc, my pad is not regocnized as xbox360 anymore like it did before. Ive to use dinput now. Man, only problems with this game. ^^

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  3. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    this demo takes up to 10gb of my GPU memory @ 1080p !!!

runs smooth though

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    TRAM or Texture RAM (VRAM then?) seems to be the main thing, I'm unsure if it's actually quality though or a cache meant to quicken the streaming of texture assets rather than increase their overall detail but in either case for 2560x1440 and above it seems very easy to exceed 8 GB of VRAM data with this set to it's highest. :)

EDIT: Although for it to take up near the full 11 GB of a 1080Ti GPU at 1920x1080 is a bit curious although it could very well be a cache using some 85 - 90% of total reported video memory so if you're monitoring via say Afterburner it reports the total amount as such and not however much is actually being utilized. :)
    (Differing methods, some games actually request way more though D3D11 and newer is good at handling it and then depending on monitoring methods you can get either the total RAM / VRAM amount or just what is currently reserved or actually in use.)

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    it was running smooth until i enabled ANSEL the game went crazy with the stuttering

6. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    What do you guys think of the GameWorks effects?

Shadow something : What does that do? I don't see a difference with it on and off.
    Turf : For me it only changes how the grass looks but not necessarily in a good way
    Fur : I have not yet encountered furry enemies but if it's enemies you would hardly have the time to notice it that much during battle, right? :)

7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    The 1st big creature you fight has fur, beard kind of, its very noticeable. ^^

8. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    PCSS or Percentage Closer Soft Shadows. Accurate simulation of shadow rendering gradually softening the shadow according to distance, very advanced and very demanding
    (I'm on AMD though so it's not quite the same performance hit on NVIDIA GPU's but it's still demanding.)
    HFTS - https://developer.nvidia.com/Hybrid-Frustum-Traced-Shadows PCSS with Hybrid Frustum Traced Shadows, even more demanding and advanced but very high image quality. Only for high-end GPU's though.
    (PCSS and HBAO+ - https://developer.nvidia.com/shadowworks )

VXAO - https://developer.nvidia.com/NVIDIA-VXAO Voxel Accelerated Ambient Occlusion, another advanced implementation of ambient occlusion and over HBAO+ but also quite demanding, disabled by the demo but can be enabled via tweaks.
    TurfFX - Turf Effects - https://developer.nvidia.com/turfeffects Accurate physics and shadows on vegetation, another improvement to image quality but once again not a cheap effect though this one should be clearly noticeable when enabled.
    (PCSS and HFTS can be more subtle as can ambient occlusion whereas this tends to be immediately apparent from how vegetation changes in both appearance and behavior.)

Hairworks - https://developer.nvidia.com/hairworks Varies depending on game, usually only a few select creatures are used for this effect since the thousands of strands of hairs and extras like MSAA builds up in performance demand.
    (Bit mixed results in Witcher 3, I liked it on the creatures but not so much on Geralt though mods improved the appearance further but it also increased the GPU demand even more as a trade-off.)

https://developer.nvidia.com/gameworks-visualfx-overview There's Ansel as well in addition to GFE support (NVIDIA's ReShade implementation, replays and such stuff too.) and Flow is used on some of the particle effects or it was for the campfire in the benchmark.

EDIT: Far as the visual tech itself is concerned the way some of these effects works with shadows such as PCSS (And HFTS even more so.) and then VXAO I doubt we'll see this sort of thing in games as a standard means of rendering shadows and ambient occlusion due to how demanding it is but on the flip side it is very advanced and accurate although per game the extra 20 - 30% GPU performance from disabling the effect might be better for other things or just keeping framerate stable overall. (And for some effects on AMD GPU's the hit can be even higher if the technique can be enabled without using CUDA.)

Same for Hairworks, even if this was only used on a few creatures it'd still be very demanding since each one would consist of thousands of separate physically accurate strands of hair and then MSAA on top of that to smooth out aliasing and shimmering. There's usually a reason it's not implemented globally for everything. :D
    (Same with AMD's TressFX although Square had a variant of it called PureHair for Mankind Divided with varying complexity between major and minor characters.)

And then TurfFX which we've seen some sort of vegetation physics and reaction in games now for a few years with notably examples being Cry-Engine but this is even more accurate and to a higher degree depending on implementation, Wildlands was a bit sparse as I remember with the effect being used for the first time whereas here it nearly replaces the default grass types entirely from what I've seen in comparisons instead of being a mix of the two. :)

I do like the effects and some like HBAO+ really aren't that bad for the image quality offered compared to the cost of enabling them far as framerate or GPU load is concerned but others well if you have the GPU power to spare they're worth checking out, display resolution and the game itself would also have varying degrees of impact and GPU load and demands on the CPU, RAM and such, they're nice but not something we'll likely have as standard for some years still.

(The NVIDIA URL's have a better showcasing and description of the tech itself than this short summary of them.)

Netherwind likes this.
  9. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    A v. nice demo in my opinion, which, let's face it, we don't see many of these days for major releases.

I already have the game on PS4 Pro and it looks and runs great. It's not the best looking game by any means but it has a lovely art style - love the 50s/60s look to the diners and vehicles - and character models and animation are really well done. The PC version is a step or three above the PS4 version visually when maxed out (using Custom as the Ultra preset is *not* the highest settings available as Lighting can be pushed from High to Highest) and runs great for the most part with the NVIDIA effects all enabled (VXAO is disabled and greyed out though) at 2560x1440. There is some intermittent stuttering though which even G-SYNC doesn't eliminate but it is infrequent enough to not to adversely affect the gameplay.

I did notice some shadow glitching on occasion (I'm using the latest v391.01 drivers for my GTX 1080 Ti) and anti-aliasing is a bit spotty even with TAA which I'm using. Background fences and fine details tend to look shimmery which I won't expect to see with temporal AA. Maybe the depth of field is interfering with the AA here?

10. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    https://steamdb.info/depot/671211/history/

Heh so the demo build was readied in June 2017 already, interesting. There's no further update info until the unlock and release yesterday but changes to how this data is retrieved means it's usually not available to the public like this and could have been kept to a separate branch hiding any updates and activity though without opening up the demo more thoroughly it's hard to tell exactly how old the build is, could be quite recent or it could be quite old.

Could be something to keep in mind, or it could be completely useless and the demo build build could be only a few weeks old or less. :)

11. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    I don't see any need to leave Shadows or Turf on. Fur is the only semi-noticeable thing when encountering certain enemies. Save a few frames and keep the other two options off.

12. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I didn't even think of that creature :D But you're right.

I must try it out some more then cause when I turned it on, the grass I walked though was static and didn't move at all.

Well, that's the thing, there isn't any GPU that can handle all effects at once (except perhaps for Titan V?) :) At least not if you want a decent FPS and resolution.

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah depending on the game and display resolution the GPU might already be under a pretty serious workload, I keep most of these off and then I try to compare them one on one keeping a eye on performance and visuals.
    (Per-game, most of the time they stay disabled minus HBAO+ which unless the devs go extreme with the number of samples and range - AC: Syndicate - it's pretty lightweight surprisingly. :D )

As some of the comparisons of the benchmark have shown though there's around a 20 to 30 percent performance hit for some of these and that's with the AMD Vega 64 and the 1080 Ti I believe. That's very costly and those are the best available GPU's from AMD and NVIDIA respectively, for now.
    Also yes TurfFX is able to handle accurate physics and self shadowing, Wildlands sees a big difference with this although it adds to the existing grass instead of outright replacing it whereas here it seems to replace at least some types of grass in entirety and there's a pretty good density to it as well, perhaps the developers didn't keep the physics for performance reasons then?

(Depending on the region vegetation density since there's quite a few for Wildlands it's about the most demanding option you can enable for that game.)

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I'll download Wildlands at some point and try that effect, seems interesting and now when I think about it, I seem to recall seeing it during a demo of some kind.

15. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    My final verdict. I will wait and see. If it comes with a day one patch that helps alleviate most issues, I'll purchase it. If they do this typical crap of over-promising patches to get those day 1 sales, I will be waiting. I need to see some support for this game. Square is too notorious for bad pc ports. If they even give this version 25% of the attention they do on console it would be amazing.

16. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Shadows at v.high and nvshadowslib can have both up to 10fps difference and its minimal visual diff if shadows at high. i didn't try without hairworks yet. Played dsr 2880x1620.,

postaa -taa is also bigger fps killer 10-15fps, but looks so ugly without it (just fxaa or just dsr), so I keep it on. <<<< so far the biggest fps impact, next to higher resolution.

17. The Phoenix

The Phoenix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    riddle me this,the first scene runnin from the fire works,then the lil cutscene works,then it starts loading freezes up an closes,ive done tried,new and old drivers,defrag an chkdsk the harddrive,downclocked cpu to stock an videocard to stock made sure directx an vc redistribution packages were installed,still nothin,every other game on my pc runs well with no freezing or locking up,only thing i can think of is that win 10 build 17093 has issues guess i will try an update to a new build an see what happens

18. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I'm getting either no sound at all, or if I set my audio to 44000hz I get a terrible scratching audio quality that is absurdly loud and broken. I hear the fix is to set your audio setup to stereo, but that is no fix for me and I won't even try to see if that fixes it. I have a 5.1 surround sound setup and refuse to play this if it doesn't support 5.1. Not even going to bother. This will probably be just like Neir for me.. a game I would buy if they properly support the game. I haven't tried Neir personally, but I am not one to support such a lack of support. This demo is already on a really bad start for me. Can't even really navigate the menus with my mouse and it takes an absurdly long time to even start up on my SSD+Momentum cache/8700k system... This game demo just seems janky to me.. bleh.

Serotonin likes this.
  19. Evileh

Evileh Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 TI FTW UL
    when I got to the first land mark after fighting the scorpions, it told me to hit a to discover it. I hit the button on my controller my whole computer rebooted then when it came back to windows the NVidia driver had to reinstall itself. lol wut?

Serotonin likes this.
  20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    Sounds promising. Lol. Wtf?