Final Fantasy 15 announced for PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by SerotoNiN, Aug 21, 2017.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
  2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    whats the size of the demo?

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    This info is already posted on the prev. page... 18,7 Gb Steam.

-Tj- likes this.
  4. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Does this support 1440p? I keep reading there's a 1080p and 4k mode. They don't support resolutions in-between??

5. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Yes. :)

SerotoNiN likes this.
  6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Sigh i knew it. I have no sound! In the benchmark my sound was cracking,...i tried different sample rates, no difference, just no sound!

Only if i change my 5.1 to Stereo i have sound, goddamnit, are they dumb!?

7. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    AMD S. 5700XT Pulse
    Curious since sample rate when set above 48000khz tends to be the main thing for these compatibility issues, beyond that the only suggestion would be changing between 2.0, 5.1 and 7.1 output and see if something like that works.
    Depends on how it's done in the game itself too, trying to use the wrong device or using some strange audio format or something, the latter could be a OS or third party software issue conflict but I'm not too knowledgeable about these things myself.

EDIT: So it's a game issue after all, well you solved it but it needs to be patched now and it's Square Enix so yeah their PC support tends to be problematic.
    (There's a chance at least if it's discovered early and gains some notice on say the Steam forums or other media and such.)

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Yes, its the 5.1, they just have no support for it? lol..

You know. 5.1 is so new, why should you support it in any way..

Edit: Yes, people with 5.1 have the same issue and they already had it in the benchmark, too. I dont think they gonna fix this until release. And then..hmm..maybe 1-2 weeks if at all theres coming a patch..

Select Button not working! Cant access inventory and progress in tutorial, lol...srsly, wtf! Need to press TAB so it works. My Select button is working just fine why not in this game, sigh. Im already really annoyed. And other people have the same problems! Thats just another lazy noobish port..
    You also cant change running from presss L3 all the time to anything else. I dont like that.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  9. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    So I've been going through the game files now that I've downloaded it. And, well, maybe its just me. But isn't it a bit blatant that they have a config file from the gamescom 2017 presentation just left lying there?

[​IMG]

That aside, its actually quite nice to have the option of just opening the GraphicsConfig.ini and tweak the settings more than what the game considers "high".

10. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I'll try it when I get home. But honestly, it will have to be flawless at launch for me to bother. Square's PC support makes Ubisoft's look amazingly dedicated, which says enough.

11. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Well, its not a flawless PC port IMO. There are a few " quality of life " settings I'd have liked to be in the game (Make Track Target into a Toggle instead of holding down the key & FOV settings etc.), but hopefully a patch can add that or maybe the modding community can.... And it baffles me a bit that I can't use my mouse on the map screen.

I also suspect that the demo has a memory leak, but I'm not entirely sure yet.

12. DxVinxGado

DxVinxGado Member

GPU:
    2xEVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Demo is running great for me @ 1440p all settings on or at their highest. Bit of a downer that SLI is not supported, 4k averages about 48-50 fps for me.

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Ok, i fixed the select button not working by starting the game in BigPicture Mode, only then its working, lol.

Next problem, my game is crashing right after FFXV font when you push your car...trying to lower my settings..also my video settings are not saved (not cos of the crash).

Edit: Read.only on file at documents also not helping?!
    And fixed the crash by making an exception for the exe in Windows Dfender Security Center, read in the Steam Forums about it....mymy...

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I wish it had Ubisoft PC support, nowadays they are better than pretty much every other publisher.

I hope its half decent so I can give the FF series another go, as ive hated pretty much every game I've played.

15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Demo runs great here too! Really nice to be able to change all graphical settings without reloading the game.
    Was able to achieve 4K/60fps (except minor dips to 55-57 during conversations which luckily isn't noticeable) by disabling GameWorks crap and lowering shadows to High instead of Highest but keeping all other settings at their maximum. I had some stutter with TAA enabled so I used FXAA instead which looks good enough. Unfortunately far away objects seem blurry even with AA disabled completely so maybe that's a bug?

Either way the game looks and plays great! Such an improvement over the PS4 version. First time I've see VRAM usage over 10GB on my card.

Just like the PS4 version, doing stuff in the game menu (the one with the map, quests and stuff) stresses the GPU a lot for no apparent reason.

Also the "idle banter" voices are occasionally missing sound/no playing so that's one more bug.

16. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    I had hitching during (just before) load scenes. I have a ssd, 32gb of ram and a 1080 with 8gb. Nothing else I play does this. I also noticed a lot of texture flickering.

To be fair though, as I type this, I'm realizing I didn't install today's drivers. Maybe that will help.

17. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 20.2+
    Too bad we don't have a game ready AMD driver as of yet, because my performance is already below average at 1080p.

It gets much worse when I enable HairWorks for Noctis and Prompto, which is half the game, if you get my drift.

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    I get 10fps more when disabling the Hi-Res Assets. Almost everything at High and need to use TRAM medium or else im getting 1sec fps-freeze everytime gpu ram running full. Runs at 40-60fps, so ~50avg, which is fine for me. HBAO max. and TAA and all Nvidia Stuff enabled.

RzrTrek likes this.
  19. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 20.2+
    I noticed the game was maxing out my 8gb when leaving the TRAM settings to highest.

Took it back down to high and it went to ~5gb of used video memory without anti-aliasing.

Turns out TurfEffects was clogging my system down to a stutter fest, leave it at "off" and be happy.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  20. niczerus

niczerus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    Works ok , but i have a little of stuttering on new areas or some character animation , probably amd release a new driver the next week to fix this .