Final Fantasy 15 announced for PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by SerotoNiN, Aug 21, 2017.

1. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    As much as I'm into FPS, I don't think I could play an FF game that way. It would be too Elder Scrolls-esque. And I'm the only person on the planet that thinks that series is overrated hot trash. Nice catch though, didn't see that option available. Kind of a nice extra. I wonder what the frame rate cost of it will be.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury OC
    https://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xvs-director-clears-up-a-major-ending-plo-1805820500

Looks like there's still a couple of DLC episodes planned for the game.

(Ending spoilers.)
    Final Fantasy XV concludes in tragedy, as the protagonist, Noctis, sacrifices his life to prevent the antagonist, Ardyn, from completely destroying the world. The last thing we see is an image of Noctis and his bride-to-be, Luna, kissing in the afterlife. What we don’t see is what happened to Noctis’s friends: Gladiolus, Prompto, and Ignis. When Noctis goes after Ardyn, they stay behind, fighting off a wave of powerful monsters in what appears to be a sacrificial last stand.

Well, Tabata says they’re alive. And although he said we probably won’t see any future downloadable content that shows what happens to Gladiolus, Prompto, and Ignis after the credits roll, he did assure me that their ending is not going to be happy.

“Obviously it’s very hard to pinpoint what exactly makes a certain person or character happy,” Tabata said, speaking through a translator. “The fact that they were a party of four and one of the party is no longer there, it’ll probably be hard to say that they’re fully happy. That said, they needed to do what they needed to do, so they had that sense of purpose. And I’m sure they’re very proud of what they’ve achieved and what they’ve overcome. So in that sense maybe that overlaps with how we feel towards the game itself.”

As for the game’s other loose threads? Well, Tabata wouldn’t tell me who Noctis’s mother is, hinting that that might be a plot point in the future. (“I can’t say right now.”) He also didn’t have much to say about why the gang cared so much about our dearly departed friend Jared, pointing out that the focus of that bizarre scene should have really been on Jared’s grandson, Talcott, in whom Noctis sees some of his own pain.

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti 2038/12006MHz
    I hope all DLCs will be included in this Windows Version

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury OC
    I wonder how how that will be handled actually, some of these probably come out later in 2018 after the PC version has been released so I'm expecting Square to have those as purchasable even for the PC version.
    Also curious how the events will be handled for the Windows edition, Chocobo one should expire now in September I believe and the Creed festival I believe will conclude in January so both might be unavailable on PC.

5. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Titan Xp
    they need to fix the story pacing 1st (since they promised to do that ) then release DLCs