Final Fantasy 15 announced for PC

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by SerotoNiN, Aug 21, 2017.

1. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 8GB
  2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7970m/970 Mini, KD55XD800
    jebus, 170gb

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d GTX 1070 iChill x4
    8K resolution, nice!

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE @ 2ghz
    Good thing I have an 3TB hard drive then,Hard drive sells look like its gonna spike. I wonder will the FPS be locked at 60 or will you be able to unlock it. That's what I hoping for. Now we just have to hope it will be optimized and not actually really needs an 1080 TI to run.

I wonder will they have an box release of the game too, since it's gonna be that large. To lower the amount of files sizes that will need to be downloaded.

5. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    And here I used to make fun of Gears of War 4's install size

G*addict likes this.
  6. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Yeah, that ... Couldn't have said it better, hope that doesn't become a new trend.

7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    If the game plays well and looks good I don't care about the file size.

8. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti EVGA SC+
    Yep, I'm with you on that front. Its not that I'm complaining about the file size, I'm just baffled by it more than anything. Sign of the times I guess, well... It was time for me to upgrade my hardware anyway.

9. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    170gb is pretty gangsta, even by today standards! I remember not to many years ago when 20gb a single game looked ridiculous. Damn.

10. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Hopefully they have some actual high resolution textures, specifically for PC, in that 170 gigs. Gears of War 4 had 100+GB and had tons of console, low detail, muddy textures.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    They are claiming "native 4K" whatever that means. GoW4 should get an update when XB1X hits, no?

12. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    170gb is not a good thing. These consoles don't have good enough hardware to decompress files on the fly and stream resources....instead they just have the entire unoptimised garbage take up as much space as possible...already unpacked. This just shows that it is a terrible port with no effort made whatsoever.

Report back when it runs half as good as games that have twice as many graphical features and look 5 times better in the features the share....all the while only taking up 25gb.

13. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Titan Xp
    those 170gbs will be a nice test to my 1gbps connection speed

14. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Not sure what MS is doing for PC. It seems the focus is all on Scorpio. That game Recore is also getting an upgrade for Scorpio but the PC version hasn't been announced.

15. SerotoNiN

SerotoNiN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 1070 8GB
    Square ports are never great. And nvidia game effects are usually gpu killers, so with this combination ...I'm expecting a very unplayable retail game. I'm not touching this until I see how users systems handle it.

16. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    I think I played the ff13 ports with a gtx 980 over locked....pretty sure the average frame rate was about 25 and it looked worse than the worstbpc game I have ever seen on low and had massive frame drops. Absolute garbage.

17. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti 2038/12006MHz
    When was the last time you played it? They patched it and now it runs great. I have a locked 60fps at 4K. They even fixed the X360 controller problem.

18. Emille

Emille Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    When it came out. It wasn't worth bothering continuing with the series. I liked ffx and ff12...but that was overa decade ago when game stories and design were primitive. Japanese developers have not evolved since then. Every game has the same pseudophilosophical/pseusoscientific elements with a linear story, reskinned enemies, grinding, the dumbest camera positioning,HUD and control scheme the world has ever known and there is always a dozen 12 year old girls whose floating/talking inflatable hello kitty backpacks have magic powers and can talk to them (moogles).

In went through the first 2 ff13 games for stylistic nostalgia but the third game was just weaponised autism.

19. MikeG

MikeG Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan Xp
    Count me in for the first person mode. If it switches to 3rd person for combat and some interactions that's ok. I'll still have first person when exploring around, I hope.

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti 2038/12006MHz
    I'm not a huge connoisseur so I assume you are right about those things. For me it was pretty much a super linear adventure with the same button mashing every time. But the graphics are decent enough, the sound as well and I suppose some parts of the story is okay. I bought it when it was released on Steam but like you I encountered a lot of problems, these are luckily gone by now.