Fifa 17

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I managed to get a flawless 60 FPS throughout FIFA 17, including the menus and all cutscenes, by adding the FIFA17_Trial.exe to the FIFA 17 profile and forcing V-Sync on. I set the framerate to unlocked in the Launcher options.

Absolutely loving new The Journey mode but it ends in the trial when Alex Hunter goes on loan to a Championship team. Very annoying. At least the progress carries over to the final game but next Friday just seems too far away. :(

Game looks and plays great at 4K with enhanced 8xMSAA and 4x TransSSAA plus 16xAF. My only gripe is the poor draw distance of the grass in the cutscenes as you can clearly see it appearing and disappearing as the camera moves around. Also from the gameplay camera the players lose detail due to low LOD transitions.

I used to use a mod to adjust the LOD so they were always maxed out even when the camera was zoomed way out. Is there one available yet for FIFA 17? I presume the old one will not longer work with this game since it no longer uses IGNITE but Frostbite?

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    P.S. Until I realised I had to add FIFA17_Trial.exe to the per-game profile the game was running at 170-180 fps at 4K maxed out settings in game (60 fps for cutscenes etc).

3. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Tried setting it to 60 with AMD settings, Riva Tuner etc but nothing sticks for the cutscenes :(

Edit: Fixed it, I was being a muppet, set in Radeon PRo but forgot to unset in Radeon drivers! Now 60fps in cutscenes, game looks even more beautiful!

Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  4. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Tomorrow 4pm GMT to unlock via Korea/Taiwan, earliest I can find:

[​IMG]

5. YetYhunter

YetYhunter Maha Guru

GPU:
    Jetstream GTX1080
    Is there a way to play it tomorow if in Europe, via some ip hack ?

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    ...answer is already above your post...!

7. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Those are fifa 16 SLI bits and they do not work

Does anyone else have a profile?

8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX5700 8gb
    Hide.me free + Singapore and it's working right now! You can disable the VPN once you've launched the game.

9. CDJay

CDJay Member Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 FE SLI
    I must be missing something here; but I don't have a FIFA 17 Profile? I'm, using the latest 372.90 drivers.

CDJay

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    we created one..but ofc without proper sli bits, etc. - to force vsync.

11. blesner

blesner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    Does anyone have a SLI profile? 0x00000004 does not work

12. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Just a warning dificulty settings in Fut are bugged/fubared when you play some Tournaments.

I.e It's meant to be amateur but it was using my Legendary global settings. So a player from say Stevenage was doing Pele overhead kicks..

Amazing a multi million pound game and they cant play test this. Wow!

Fluked Iniesta in a pack and like the squad building challenges at least you can earn packs/coins better.

13. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
  14. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Was wondering when these would appear! Yeah its not Fifa without some odd shenanigans afoot (sry for pun)..

The most noticeable thing for me so far is last ditch tackles! Seriously sometimes I feel like am playing against defenders with rubber legs.

Also their ability to catch 90 rated pacey players although this isnt as bad as last years.

I still dont know why we arent given the option to choose a players position if he can play there rather than be locked into one.

I.e someone like Rooney should be able to choose between CM or CAM or even CF, the whole having to use a consumable is just a pain in the ass.

Also some players shouldnt be restricted to either say LM/LW or say a ST...i.e Alexis Sanchez. They released a better card which is a Striker but how about a normal version where u can choose?

I dont get why FIFA/EA feel they know best in these situations. (or why the system has to be that complicated, after all it's not gamebreaking or even OP so I dont get it...you can still get say a Rooney as a CF but why the colassal shag? I know lets make people waste their time and coins for no real reason..just because).

Seriously given two mins alone with the person who thinks this is a good idea wouldnt be pleasant!!!

HOT TIP

get the fut app for mobile and its a freebie every day. (so far got around 2k coins and a pack).((u have to login every day)).

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Noticed something is up with difficulties in FUT. Played a world class game and won 2-0, easy. Then in a semi-pro game I got spanked 3-0 and never got anywhere near creating a few decent chances.

The gameplay is just so... garbage compared to PES. I don't think I'll be playing this much more.

16. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    I doubt the gameplay is any better on PES plus it's a poor brother compared to FIFA (no real modes/graphics worse/lack of licensed players?).

Gameplay for me is the best yet. Although can be frustrating just you need to know what you are doing in terms of tactics.

(just stop the A.I from crossing...well that's how I concede mine atm. Versus human players much more fun).

If you arent changing stuff you are doing it wrong.

P.S Watched countless PES vids and doesnt look much diff to FIFA. Might get the demo just to make sure but i'd put down money it isnt as good.

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Gameplay is miles ahead of FIFA. Passing, shooting. The biggest difference is that the football doesn't feel like a boulder in PES. It feels and bounces and flies through the air in a much more realistic fashion. FIFA has had boulders for footballs for years now, thought it would change with the new engine but seems like the actual gameplay remains very similar to 16. I don't see any influence of Frostbite on the pitch. I see better animations of people in BF3, not to mention faces also look miles better in BF3, not to mention BF4.

Makes me wonder what exactly is Frostbite used for in FIFA 17 because it sure doesn't play much different from previous FIFAs.

18. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Think you are talking crap. But I'll play the PES or should I say POS demo...

But not sure why you want to bring PES into the FIFA thread anyways...people here who are playing and enjoying FIFA17 dont give a flying xxxx about PES (well I dont).

If I want to get some info on it I'll go the appropriate thread. (i.e the PES thread)

And I played a lot of FIFA16 and so far a lot of FIFA17, and there a definate change.

Again if you mention the ball being a boulder you cant be playing right. I have it on fast and am doing tiki taka style mostly and it's slick as anything..(there a few negatives but that's mostly a few glitches here and there n some dodgy tackling/shot blocking).

p.s funny how you bring graphics into this when you have PES a crappy console port graphics. Mmmm let's leave it there. Monkey face men are still in...

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You talked about PES too, in more than one of your posts, what's wrong with comparing 2 most popular football games?

Can't one make a comparison to the (only) other game in the genre without people getting sensitive?

Make sure you try the PES demo on a console. Every FIFA vs PES review I've seen so far says that on the pitch PES is better. Just saying.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/fifa-17-vs-pes-2017
    http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/fifa/feature/a798551/fifa-17-vs-pes-2017/
    http://metro.co.uk/2016/09/29/fifa-17-vs-pes-2017-battle-of-the-football-video-games-6159136/
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/pro-evolution-soccer-2017 (7.6 user rating)
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/fifa-17 (5.2 user rating)

20. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Nope I never mentioned it till you came in slagging off Fifa17.

We been there with the vs type arguements. Save that for a diff/new thread.

Just ends up with tit for tat and at the end of the day it's down to personal choice.

Also there's a certain amount of conditioning...if you play a lot of one your brain will most likely say wtf when changing! (happens with all games eg cods vs bf but esp with footy).

And whatever the pros n cons fifa will still win because PES lacks FUT (which for me is the winner).((If PES had something similar I might be more interested)).

Plus the journey is top notch. (although some really Ham acting).

If you want my tactics for FUT will share...or anyone else interested while am here. Once you cracked it there's a certain knack to creating chances.