Fifa 13 coming to pc

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by blesner, May 30, 2012.

1. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
  2. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    thanks for the links milamber :)

3. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I think i will get it during Christmas. planning to purchase NHL so probably wont have time to play both :p Ill be getting it for PS3 as well. All my friends play on PS3. Bit of a dumb question but i was wondering,maybe i can play them from PC?

4. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

5. h4nni

h4nni Member

GPU:
    -
    I think you should know that in order to change half-length you HAVE to check "Skip Intro" in Demo Tweaker or add "SKIP_BOOTFLOW=1" to your ini file. There is a downside to it though: your line-ups and formations will be reset to fifa 12 verison. So instead of Mancity's 4-4-2 you'll get 4-2-3-1.

Guys what settings do you use to reduce tearing AND input lag?

I play @ 1920x1080 60hz. Best setting so far was:
    vsync: off
    frame limiter: 60fps in Dxtory

There is no input lag this way and it's quite in the room but there is tearing.

What are your best settings?

6. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    The AI is so fast.....I swear they are 15 points faster than you...They run right by your defence..Thats how they get goals..

When i get on a break they catch me every time........When they go on a break i run like hell and still can't catch em...

And the AI perfect passes to get headers is fake....If it was that easy in real life there would be 10-20 goals a game.....EA........

They do it all the time!!

Last edited: Sep 12, 2012
  7. twoodster

twoodster Member Guru

GPU:
    r9 280X
    I'm getting the stuttering too. Tried it with vsync on, off, different levels of AA. FRAPS says the framerate is consistently 60+ frames though.

8. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Both FIFA 11, which does have a profile, and FIFA 12 share the same executable (fifa.exe) so the FIFA 11 profile also works for FIFA 12 as well. NVIDIA disabled SLI for those so I just copied the FIFA 11/12 profile for FIFA 13 and added the fifa13.exe and fifa13_demo.exe executables to it with Single GPU mode forced.

9. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @ h4nni - If you want to eliminate screen tearing then you'll need to enable v-sync. FIFA 13 is a very undemanding game so you shouldn't have any problems maintaining 60 fps even with 4xMSAA at high resolutions. I think the GPU usage on a single GTX 680 (since SLI is disabled) is around 15-20% max. on my system. I've never played without v-sync but it'd probably run at 200+ fps at a guess (might try it actually...).

10. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    oh i see. i still find it lazy though. i mean they can add several hl2.exe profiles but cant add fifa.
    but i know football isnt high on their priority list, since the last pes profile is PES 2010!

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    FIFA 13's engine is capped at 180 fps which is about 40% GPU usage so assuming it isn't CPU limited then the uncapped engine would top 400 fps! There's a bit of hitching during replays, causing the framerate to dip to 155-160 fps but otherwise it is smooth during the actual game. And because 180 is divisible by the 60 Hz refresh of my monitor I didn't see any screen tearing either except for a little during those dips in the replays. Still, I prefer a v-synced 60 fps and the game didn't feel any smoother or any more responsive at 180 fps than it did at 60 fps.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  12. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Not gonna be a day 1 purchase for me unless i can get it for around £20. Although it has some really good improvements over last years FIFA, i`m not prepared to pay good money for a game that only really fixes things that should have been fixed in FIFA 12. EA sports constantly stagger fixes and improvements to justify another sequel.

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    @ charliehamster - You can buy Pro Evo Soccer 2013 for £20 at many e-tailers and, to be honest, that is how much FIFA should cost even though he has more licenses. £30+ is really overpriced considering the minimal changes between this and last year's game. I get the sense that it could have been sold as DLC with a patch to overhaul the engine as it is so similar. I think the FIFA series are easy money for EA; it's literally a cash cow for them.

14. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    I agree, some gamers are too easily convinced to part with cash for a game offers little more over it's predecessor. Something else that "grinds my gears" is games companies strip away game content, charge full price for the game and then put a price tag on the content and package it as DLC.

My apologies for the rant.

15. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I spent a while tweaking the User and AI settings in FIFA 12. The first thing I did was reduce the AI's speed and tight marking. I'm not the best at FIFA but the AI kick my ass on default settings.

16. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    I'll be waiting until at least one patch is out. There's usually something dodgy in the Career Mode that needs fixing upon release.

17. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    +1 couldnt agree more.

18. cjs007

cjs007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    E.V.G.A. 460 / 1gig
    My biggest thing i hated in fifa 12 was ball physics sucked..

In 13 they are much improved......ball goes where it should not where the AI wants.

Because the ball is the game......and if thats real then the game is a lot more real..

Now they just need to slow the game down a little..

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  19. charliehamster

charliehamster Maha Guru

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    Managed to find a few online key stores that are selling fifa 13 origin keys for around £20 but some of the sites seem a little dodgy.

20. Anfield82

Anfield82 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7970
    I managed to order it on amazon 3 weeks ago for £20 but I see the price has gone up now, no idea why it was so cheap but oh well :)

Haven't played much of the demo but what I've seen looks alright.