F@H - 2013 In Review & 2014 Plans

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by PantherX, Dec 25, 2013.

1. PantherX

PantherX Folding@Home Team Leader

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    2013 has been a very active year for F@H behind-the-scenes and now the stage is almost set for 2014 where you can expect some interesting results. Read on to find out more what happened in 2013 and wh...

F@H - 2013 In Review & 2014 Plans

2. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    it grate to here where are efforts are going and what they are going to use for in the future ive got a little bit more houses coming online in a few days

3. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Not that the GPU in my system is top notch, but it's perfectly capable of doing OpenCL, yet in FAH it fails misserably (don't know if driver or FAH problem). A shame.

4. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Are you using the latest WHQL Drivers from AMD? If not, you may try that and see if you are successful or not.

5. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    I was using the 13.9 WHQL and later on tried the 13.11 beta. Neither of them worked. I doubt that this issue is fixed in the 13.12, taking into consideration that (AFAIK) there's no word on OpenCL stability improvements.

Edit: Actually... now that I check your nickname, I'm pretty sure that you tried to help out with the debugging, but nothing clear came out of it, so disabling the GPU was the only way to make FAH work correctly on my tiny system. Oh well.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  6. PantherX

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti
    Humm, AFAIK, there are occasional reports of some low-end GPUs from 5000 Series to 7000 Series which have trouble folding with FahCore_17 (version 0.0.52). In some rare cases, using an older FahCore_17 version works. Hopefully, the development team can figure it out and fix it in the next release.

7. heffeque

heffeque Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nVidia MX150
    Good to hear. Will test as soon as I get wind of the new version :)