Ff13 steam!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Hisenburg, Sep 18, 2014.

1. prodigalson1

prodigalson1 Guest

GPU:
    3 x gtx titan
    for me ff13 works with gedesadoa few minute with great upscal 4k but crash in loading screen.

in ff13-2 gedesado don't work, the game look 720p or 1080p internal resolution and crash at first battle.

i want to cry....

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If you want to use GeDoSaTo with Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 there's a few changes you can do to improve compatibility, this might help with the crash problem and allow you to set a higher screen resolution which will also increase the rendering resolution of the game. :)

Go to the config folder for GeDoSaTo
    (.\GeDoSaTo\config\)

Copy the folder ffxiiiimg and name the copy ffxiii2img, this will match the FF XIII-2 exe file.

In GeDoSaTo.ini in these two ff xiii folders you will need to set which resolution the game should use, I recommend you also remove the other graphical options for shadow resolution, MSAA and coverage Sampling.

This is how the file I'm using looks:
    Code:
    # Lines starting with "#" are ignored by GeDoSaTo and used to provide documentation

# This is a profile file for ffxiiii-2

clearRenderResolutions
    renderResolution 3840x2160@60
    #renderResolution 3840x2400@60

forceAnisoLevel 16

forceRenderRes true

For FFXIII you should also keep these two if you want to toggle the HUD easily, FF XIII-2 requires a different hash.
    Code:
    injectPSHash 1329c9bf
    maxScreenshotParallelism -1

If you don't want it you can set a # before "forceAnisoLevel 16" to skip that setting.

In whitelist.txt or whitelist_user.txt you should add ffxiii2img as that's the exe name for Final Fantasy XIII-2

Start GeDoSaTo and then start FFXiii2Launcher.exe (Which I think also starts if you run the game via the Steam client instead of launching the exe directly.)

If the options look a bit messed up (GeDoSaTo somehow interferes with the launcher despite it not being in the whitelist.) you will have to press TAB and use the arrow keys to move around and set the various options.

MSAA at 2x or 4x is pretty good and shadow resolution at 2048 is a good balance between visual quality and performance.

When that's done press the "Start Game" button (Or use tab to move over it and press Spacebar to activate it.) and the game should now run in your chosen resolution without any upscaling. :)
    (Has to be in fullscreen or it won't work, also alt-tabbing can cause the game to hang and borderless won't work and will just crash the game.)

3. prodigalson1

prodigalson1 Guest

GPU:
    3 x gtx titan
    thanks bro but already test. game crash at first loading screen (ff13-2)

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600

5. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    nvm..

Last edited: Dec 16, 2014
  6. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    He did mention that, he replied to that post last night saying it wasn't stretched 720p for all resolutions, that was just a bug that happened at one resolution.

Game still looks abit dodgy, but people fall for it because some don't have a console and are jrpg fans.
    I didn't even like FF7, so waiting until this is very cheap before I even consider it.

7. Quest

Quest Member Guru

GPU:
    SLI GTX 770 JETSTREAM 4GB
    DSR,Vsync work like a charm so game looks same as it was with GeDoSaTo

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Ah, my bad. Thanks for clearing that up. It clearly says it in the article:bang:

9. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I thought it upscaled too initially but having compared in other areas in the game it has to be something else, there's too little aliasing if it would truly upscale from 1280x720 to 2560x1600 and while it is blurrier than with GeDoSaTo at the same res it's also not as blurred as it would be if it was just upscaled, perhaps as was speculated on the Steam forums it's just that DOF shader that "breaks" or something.

10. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
    Has anyone noticed at least on NVidia cards, not sure if it happens on AMD too, but on the characters the shadows can look pixelated/blocky. Especially on Lightening in XIII around her hair.

11. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    The game looks fantastic at 1920x1080 on my PC with 8K shadows and 16X MSAA. Shame it took so long to add these options but at least now I can play and enjoy the game without constantly grimacing at the ugliness of the original upscaled (and stretched to 16:10 aspect ratio!) 1280x720 visuals. I took some screenshots of the game before and after this new patch and the difference is staggering, especially on the characters themselves. Fine detail such as hair now looks so much better and there's no way this game is still upscaled. It appears to be native 1920x1080 to my old eyes.

Before (@ 1280x720)

[​IMG]

After (@ 1920x1200 letterboxed 1920x1080)

[​IMG]

12. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    I will be honest, the game is so light and so i will not use anything under outside downsampling with it...

4K to 1440P its perfect.. ( i was really surprised this way by how this game can look good for an so aged console game

( i have compress the images so it is a bit better by a notch ( not have the game installed right now )

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Final Fantasy XIII renders correctly at higher resolutions (The above screenshots are from that game.) however something with XIII-2 isn't fully compatible so you get a slight screen blur though downsampling works to get the displayed image sharp again.
    (Also as seen in the images by Darren forcing 16x AF can be useful for this game since it does not have a option for that and it's not forced either like MSAA is.)

14. Lane

Lane Guest

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    Well will take the XIII-2 when i have finish DA:I ... or if theres some special price in btween for christmas.

15. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    If it is a bug I'm remaining hopeful that Square will patch this, ideally before the release of Lightning Returns.
    (Which I'm also hopeful that they've improved on further from feedback on these two games but some of the engine quirks - slight stuttering, sudden framerate drops - are still in XIII-2 so we'll see.)

16. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Yeah, I noticed the lack of AF in those screenshots.

I'm not sure why so many games have poor or no AF as it's a relatively low performance feature that makes alot of difference.

17. Pey

Pey Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 980 STRIX @ SLI
  18. jwb1

jwb1 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 2080 Ti
  19. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's no shadow smoothing effect ("soft shadows") so 4096 and 8192 looks pretty sharp compared to how shadows look in real life, but they also have a lot of detail to them. :)
    (4096 is pretty extreme already but modern GPU's shouldn't have any problems with it in this game since it's not very GPU intensive - although there's some stuttering and problematic framerate drops.)

20. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Cam anyone confirm if the Game is running good on 1440p LCD?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2014