Fermi GF100 SLI Working Setup Screenshots!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ThEcLiT, Dec 8, 2009.

1. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4

well its the neverending story, each release we get this same childish crap haha. people tend to be very biased , sometimes i really doubt they really love technology and hardware.

what topic are you referring to btw ?

2. SnooSnoo

SnooSnoo Maha Guru

GPU:
    Intel HD510
    The same as this one, just with a slightly different title. :)

HINT

3. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    ah cheers SnooSnoo :)

4. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    omg nvidia is killing me. just release it already.. =P so i can plan my budget properly.

5. The Fallen

The Fallen Maha Guru

GPU:
    R9 290 4GB
    I don't see a reason to defend either party. Being biased only limits ones own available choices; I have always been open to both parties. I guess people bash the opposition to make themselves feel good about their own purchase rather than regretting getting it, who knows. I've owned almost every generation of nvidia cards (until 9 series) simply because they've worked for me. I pretty much buy whatever has the best value and it happened that amd caught my eye 1.5 years ago with the 4870 so I thought I'd try it. I'm just glad that competition lead to innovation and a little more reasonable pricing :)

If the GTX 380 is that good and is reasonably priced, I'd give up getting another 5850 to crossfire and just get that.

6. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Haha, they should be gaming!

I never really understood fanboys. People should buy what suits their needs best, not their ego.

7. helldragon89

helldragon89 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800gtx
    they can't game until the opengl issue is resolved.

8. WhiteLightning

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    lol what opengl issue ??

9. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    Not sure what cards this guy has in his system.. But from what i have read and seen the fermi cards have 2 x 8pin power connectors.. In this picture there is 1x8 & 1x6.. Anyways who care.. I just want 2..!

10. maddy2012

maddy2012 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    it's some fat dude with 2 blank GPU's, are we supposed to give a ****, or am i missing something.

Cos last time i checked you can't tell how fast a card is from a ****ing photo.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    It's quite simple. Do you want DX 11 now or later? Do you want to taste a new generation of card now or later?

Do you really believe a one sided/faced benchmark directly from Nvidia or ATI?

Stop assuming and enjoy your rigs you have now if you aren't going to buy ATI 5 series.

Let's just wait and see Hilberts review?

If you cannot you may as well get yourself an HD 5xxx whatever.

12. BlueDragon

BlueDragon Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870
    Agreed +1

13. BlueDragon

BlueDragon Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870
    Iv had more NVIDIA cards then ATI and really never been disappointed in any but lets just go to fantasy world for a moment and say them slides was real I would beat you all to the shops and buy one it says GTX380 is faster then a 5890 I mean really!.

I was reading the Chinese sites and all I read just keep going on and on about how great it is for super computing but gaming will not be as powerful as the 5870 well I don’t know about anybody else but I am not a sciencetist I am a gamer so I know what I would go for.

But if it turns out that the NV cards are better then I will happily sell my 5870’s which I have another on the way for crossfire and get NVIDIA again only problem I have lol! Is changing the sodding motherboard all the time one for SLI one for crossfire so I think next year I may go i7 and get there x58 motherboard that does both that would solve it.

14. Passion Fruit

Passion Fruit Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Indeed. This is news to me...:3eyes:

Well the reason i visit both ATI and Nvidia sections on this site is to help people regardless of hardware brand.

But when people post stupid things, and you respond (and just happen to have hardware of the "other" company) you get labelled a fanboy by... a fanboy. Excellent.

I think i've got to agree with what someone said further up this page.

It seems most people only post here to make another person look stupid. A lot of people don't love hardware in it's entirety and only show off what they've got or what they're getting to make themself look good.

Fanboys are a good example of this.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  15. GhostXL

GhostXL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Merc 319 6800 XT
    You sir have the same attitude I have, and it's healthy. Buy/sell with no fanboyism intended. If Fermi truely turns out this much better, I will do the same.

16. Jonp382

Jonp382 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X
    It's no secret that ATI isn't that great for OpenGL games. I have a lot of problems with SW:KotOR, NWN, all the Wolfensteins, Enemy Territory, etc. Especially with low fps and random ass crashes, memory leaks, stuttering, etc. Triple buffering and edge detect don't work either, just crashes. Or if it doesn't crash, it doesn't work.

Not everyone seems to suffer these problems, but I do. :(

17. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea i agree on OpenGL, Ati never really was strong on that area, at least in the Doom3 era..

18. Omagana

Omagana Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I'm on the fence till we actually see real benches, delaying my upgrade coz of fermi's slow appearance...:)

and pfft at anyone who thinks these pictures are informative in the slightest.

19. Chock

Chock Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x670GTX @40"+26" Samsung

NOWAY TESLA COMES FROM TESLACOIL !!1!11111oneone ::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Good to see that the fanboy stuff has calmed down, refeshing to see.

Is the supposed OpenGL problems with ATI a new thing, when i had my 2900XT i had no problems with Doom3, or KOTOR, unless i was less fussy back then.

Like many of us on here, I would like to see something concrete.

I don't have the spare funds to get a new system yet, but by February, well after Valentine's Day anyway, i can do what i want, so i would like to know as soon as possible.