Fermi Cards - Powersavings Driver Issue (GTX460 only or all Fermis)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BetA, Jul 31, 2010.

?

DPC Issues or not? What u got?

1. GF100 - Yes, i also have these Issues

10 vote(s)
    5.5%
  2. GF100 - No, I dont have these Issues

45 vote(s)
    24.9%
  3. GF104 - Yes, I have these Issues

39 vote(s)
    21.5%
  4. GF104 - No, I dont have these Issues

31 vote(s)
    17.1%
  5. Other GF - Yes, I have also Issues

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  6. Other GF - No, I dont have those issues

8 vote(s)
    4.4%
  7. What the Hell are you talking about ?

42 vote(s)
    23.2%
  1. HaZe303

HaZe303 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I started a new thread just about F1 2010, I also get really bad performance in that game only. GPU is @40% and still only 40fps? But im glad its not just me, but you guys with this issue please add youre comments on the f1 thread. We know that ATI reads these forums, maybe others do it as well? Atleast we can hope so? :)

2. senna89

senna89 New Member

GPU:
    patriot
    Are ther news about this issue ?

3. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    I dont have an issue playing any game and I also dont check dpc latency.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  4. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
    I've started a thread over at the nvidia forums with 66 people and their setups listed. They're all having lockups determined by what motherboard they place their cards in.
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=187401&st=0

I think the exact same thing is causing these lockups. We're getting lockups before Windows even loads, so I don't think a driver is going to fix this for us.

The reason I think this is the same issue is because it only happens in combination with certain mainboards, just like you're saying.

5. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    with my brand new Gigabyte 560ti OC - Gigabyte EP45-UD3L

fresh win7 install drivers and updates..

[​IMG]

:bang::bang:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2011
  6. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Thats quite bad, theres something seriously up with either a driver or hardware on your pc, have you tryed disabling network drivers/ wireless ect your pc is struggling to communicate data around.

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    its all nv driver fault.. I had a thought its gonna be the same sheit with 560gtx as its basically the same as 460gtx when it comes to driver dependency.

Indianscout what gpu driver did you use?

8. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    I've tried the following

270's
    266.66 that came with the card

everyone of them show the same latency

I've disabled

lan, usb, xfi, nothing seems to affect it, I have all the latest drivers for the mobo installed also..

9. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680 Gtx Twin Frozr
  10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    here, this is what i did..
    I sent all that over to gigabyte, cause my card was from them, they contactet NVidia and after a few weeks it was fixed per driver..

maybe u wanna take a look into it ;)

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=326155

11. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    ok just sent a ticket in to Gigabyte, I uninstalled the video, sound and updated the motherboard drivers, rebooted with no video or sound drivers, the DPC is still the same

no change at all..

grrrrrrrrrrrrr

12. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    if its the same without the VGA Driver its likely something else thats causing this..

Do u have another vga card around? put this one in and test it..if its still there, it cant be the new GTX560 ;)

13. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    btw do you use any hw monitoring gadgets?

14. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI

since they are both Gigabyte I'm actually thinking it's the mobo at this point, I'm going to tear down and use another mobo with a 965 chipset later today to see if that fixes it..

15. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    ok I went back thru my steps and reinstalled the mobo drivers after a good cleaning with driver cleaner

booted - same result,

so I installed the 266.44 drivers without the sound and 3d apps..

but this time I DIDN'T reboot

here's the result..

[​IMG]

I've disabled everything I can in services and the device manager none of them made any difference but doing that did, so it has to be in the drivers..

as soon as I rebooted it came back

:3eyes:

16. Cru_N_cher

Cru_N_cher Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI NX8800GT OC
    In those regards be aware of ASUS AI Suite 2 the Probe 2 part is so bad programmed that whenever it pools (default 5 second) it causes a DPC spike, you should be really careful what you run in the background anyway and whenever you experience frame drops anywhere 3D Games or Video (also Micro stutter i read so often here about can be caused by this, bad use of timers can cause a Engine to drop frames happens for example in the Final Fantasy Benchmark) you should debug the problem you will be surprised how many Software is plain bad programmed, though it got much better over the last years.

And no Nvidias Driver got fixed and here its working and i saw that DPC improvement even on my G92 based card (which doesn't switch states) when it got fixed for GTX460 users mainly (DPC significantly lowered).

I can only say try Rivatuner it's the most efficient sensor programm ever developed for Windows nothing can cope with it neither Aida nor Hwinfo nothing else is as efficient programmed as Rivatuner and its Kernel Drivers :)

The Windows Sidebar and its Gadgets also often cause to much damage especially if you plaster your sidebar full with Gadgets you shouldn't be surprised that your PCs performance degrades ;)

This is how it can look but it needs Time to tweak everything for High Resolution (on my new Sandy Bridge H67 Core I5)

[​IMG]

This is Windows XP though on Vista/7 its harder especially with enabled DWM as it causes latency for the Direct3D based Aero all the time.

17. IndianScout

IndianScout Banned

GPU:
    GTX580 SLI
    well I tore the box down installed a P965 board, installed xp x64,

reboot no drivers, same result,

installed windows 7

reboot no drivers, same result,

installed my P45 board installed xp64

same results

installed windows 7 x64

no drivers same result

during all this I had the onboard lan, sound, and all intel e1st and VM turned off

so I loaded all the drivers for windows 7, but check this out

http://i54.tinypic.com/2gtr9ft.jpg

notice in the top left corner and in the performance tab, there are 0 DPC calls being polled

I find this very odd..

18. BeoWulf_

BeoWulf_ Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 G1
    [​IMG]

No problems.. left the DPC checker running while completed a session of Crysis2 demo, and waited for the gfx to clock down to idle.. and no change.

19. tvavra

tvavra Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX460 768MB
    Go to Power options and set it on Gaming mode(or something like that :) ), my dpc latency droped from 360 to +-100. Or u can try this: Click Start --> Search for "Power Options" and open this control panel --> (on default "Balanced (recommended)" is selected) Choose "change plan settings" --> "Change advanced power settings" --> "Processor power management" --> "Minimum processor state" --> change setting to "100%"

try it helps to u

20. Infinity7_00

Infinity7_00 Banned

GPU:
    NVidia GTX580SC 1536mb
    Uninstall the NVidia HDMI Audio Driver in Add/Remove Programs. After you reboot your PC will install some generic Microsoft HDMI Audio driver for it which you'll be able to see in Device Manager/Sound Devices. It's not enough to just disable them there. Ya hafta uninstall the NVidia HDMI Audio Driver in Add/Remove Programs and don't let your PC put that driver back in. The generic Microsoft driver for them is ok though.