Female soldiers coming to Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 24, 2017.

1. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Haha and you think this builds your case?

So according to your own admission anti-SJWs are concerned with the why, and not with what is been added to the game.
    Screw the game, its all about the good fight. Not letting the imaginary enemy wins.

Isn't it capt. fvucking obvious that you are being played by Sarkesian(s) on one side and these Youtube anti-SJW hosts on the other side. Both of whom are feeding on and monetizing your moaning and outrage. Hilarious:wanker:

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    GUYS, LAST AND FINAL WARNING!

No more of this squabble.

3. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Isn't the entire point of this to do EXACTLY what has been done, get people talking about BF1, whatever moral case or complaint people are putting forward legit or otherwise surely the fact that perople are now talking about a game that quite a few folk, myself included stopped playing months ago is the entire objective.

No such thing as bad press... oh and I am guessing that you'll have to pay for the characters so yeah charging cash so you can play as a female, I am sure their is some moral argument someone who really cared enough could make about that as well.

The big question though, will the inclusion of female characters and the utter non controversy that their inclusion will cause gonna get me back to playing BF1... F*CK NO!

4. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Once they get the females some people(AS) will then complain that the male butts are covered by a cloak but the women will have them showing like a blue arsed baboon. ^^ watch this space.

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    OK so where are the feminists and SJW. In this very case, in this thread..?
    My point being, they are more elusive than snow-leopards, while your male freedom-fighters are more numerous than goblins.

I knew it would come to this -= my bad. No, I didn't necessarily mean YOUR lott, as in you belonging to their circle, just that you are playing their advocate.
    It's one of the most pointless "squabbles" on the Internet. I mean effing hell... if you think that as a white male westerner you are underrepresented and oppressed, I dunno what to tell ya.
    The amount of bandwidth wasted, no sense of proportion whatsoever. It's like demanding that we eradicate communists from the positions of power in corporate America.
    Who's stronger, a Lion or a Tiger is a far more important issue!

6. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Guess what CS 1.6 spray I've been using for years to distract kiddies...

7. PrMinisterGR

PrMinisterGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    If that was true, shouldn't the whole drama be after the game was reviewed and it was proven that the inclusion of the female soldiers harmed its presentation?

It's funny that in this forum I seem to "defend" the SJWs, and in others I'm considered Hitler incarnate.

While there is definitely a very specific agenda from people trying to even change history at points, this actually applies to both sides. There is true retardation and equalization of everything with what is essentially a great communist leveler from one side, and true racism and sexism from the other side. It's anyone with a brain that has to suffer all this poison in the end.

8. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Why are you surprised by PC culture? What a shame that Personal Computer Crowd got hijacked by Politically Correct Culture.

9. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I would actually argue that most computer geeks leaned hard liberal and the space was only recently hijacked by people with obvious nationalist agendas. The SJWs themselves actually seem to consider gaming "dirty" and even if they are involved with it professionally (as reviewers), they always try to differentiate themselves as auteurs, instead of simple "gamers".

The SJWs basically see us as dirt, and the alt-right retards as their base. Can I be none of these things?

10. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    :D I meant acronym PC :D It was kind of a joke really. You should not care much about way someone unstable calls you.

I have been called many names which contradicted with each other. But I never cared since I experienced quite a lot of name calling in early childhood. There was place for retarded/bad behavior kids nearby place I was educated. And they would throw nastiest names on every kid walking on other side of the fence.
    = = = =
    @Other G3D Guys: When someone who is wrong attempts to offend you, you really can't be offended. It is truth that makes people angry/hurt.
    And that's why PrMinisterGR can consider it funny to be called Hitler/SJW/...

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Gent, there now have been like over 5 infractions handed in this thread alone, I mean come on. Let's all keep thing respectful and friendly here okay?

12. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    I don't get offended. Being offended by itself is really hard to happen, as it's usually connected in a situation where the "victim" has to feel powerless and even abused in a sense (hence the "offence"). Most of the rest of being "offended" is really macho posturing from people who are insecure about themselves.

The only reason I'm commenting in this thread is that sometimes I feel like I'm in a glass tower when it's going down. This whole packaging of mankind in online "tribes" where even the craziest of the crazy (look at the flatearthers) can find solace and believe that they are "normal" because there are thousands like them, is the saddest thing I've seen in my life, and possibly the downfall of the current form of our civilization.

We have "fights" here for Intel/AMD/NVIDIA etc, and meanwhile real people out there have similar fights about essential personal freedoms and actual persecution of people they don't like. Doxxing from alt-right idiots is as real as people getting fired for a Twitter joke because SJWs report them.

The only victim in the end is common sense, and decency. Look at that word, decency. It's so polarizing to all of the extremists. The right wingers can't understand that you can be transgender and decent, or fat, or whatever else you chose to be. The SJW can't possibly believe that a white male can be decent unless he spends his whole life feeling bad for real and supposed ancestral sins.

In the end, we've lost our sense of shame. Nobody is ashamed any more for their sh*t. Nobody apologizes, nobody admits being wrong, because somewhere out there, there is another idiot who'll tell you that you're right.

Sorry boss. This forum is actually a surprisingly level-headed place to even discuss what is essentially politics like this, if you believe we're messing it up I can tell you about myself that I'll stop here.

13. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    @PrMinisterGR: Well, it may be messed up opinion since I completely agree with your statements :)

Btw. My real contribution to topic:
    There is only one thing better than having bad ass chick character in game.
    And that's when player behind is female who kicks ass. And then some kiddies raging about it.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  14. PrMinisterGR

GPU:
    Inno3D RTX 3090
    There is also the "realism" argument about it. First of all the women's battalions did exist and they were indeed something that the Soviet Union did.

It's also very funny when people who haven't even been to combat training call the ability of girls to select female characters in games like BF1 killing the "realism" of the setting. :infinity:

Unless DICE really f*cks up, this looks like an interesting and nice addon.

15. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Lol people get offended too easily today thats why im sure someone will moan about tea bagging or shooting women or some crap like that, they will find a way! Its like you cant do or say anything these days to offend anyone thats why they will find a way to be offended, feminists or like you said snowflakes. Not quite sure what you meant by imagination-land lol

Nothing wrong with women in this, i know Soviet army had a lot of women fighting along side men.

If its works and fits into game they can add a topless transexual riding unicorn, i will play it and will have fun.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    When a story allows, a game should have both genders ingame to please everyone.

I don't see why this is such a big deal... like every website is full of rage comments about this BF1 DLC.