Feds to Mandate Black Box on all New Cars

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Taint3dBulge, May 25, 2011.

1. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    its my car not the "mans" why do they care where or how fast i get there?
    i think its there just to help lawyers get work tbh.

2. Leafblower

Leafblower Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 SLI
    Just buy old cars and fix them up.

3. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    You can purchase a code changer for just about any vehicle now to disable and enhance many features in a vehicle.. cat and mouse game is all you need to see here as this can be turned off without any issues at some point. Bottom line is if you don't want it then either request a vehicle without it or no purchase - with this in mind auto makers will fight tooth and nail to keep it optional and not required but even if required I don't see any problem with disabling it.

4. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    Quick fix to that.

No black box when you crash? 10k fine. Easy fix just needs congress to pass a law.

Oh also the more the cars become electronic, the less control the end user is going to have because the ultimate aim of the manufacturer is to remove the user from the equation.

5. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
  6. RandyB

RandyB Banned

GPU:
    HIS HD4870/Samsung2343BWX
    "Incrementally", is the way it's done. Unfortunately, the masses are so oblivious that they don't notice any change.

7. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    A fine won't pass.. I've not see anyone givin a ticket after a crash for no seatbelt yet when that's a law so lets move on.

It's very easy to reprogram many features the vehicles have now with the programming devices coming out each day. I don't see this as any problem what so ever..just disable it and move on - you're property is you're property. Lets say for a second it was added and you left it on..what's the big deal? These things can be set 1000 different ways and maybe not having any type of audio or video recording could all just be data from speed, turning radius, stopping distance and pressure on brake etc etc... could be a good thing but something many wouldn't care about after a wreck.