Feature Request: Ram Clock in Afterburner OSD

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Overclock Application Discussion' started by Dicehunter, May 15, 2018.

1. Dicehunter

Dicehunter Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan Xp
    Any chance in the next Afterburner update we could get the ability to read/display system ram clocks please ?

2. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 610MX
    Whats the point?

3. Dicehunter

Dicehunter Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan Xp
    With that mindset what would be the point in monitoring anything with an OSD................ may as well just scrap the whole program.

4. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080GX @ 2k/11k

5. Dicehunter

Dicehunter Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan Xp
    Well I can already show ram clock with HWINFO as the post you linked says it requires that running, But the problem is HWINFO and Corsair iCUE do not play nicely together and causes my 9 LED fans to have seizures hence my request for it in Afterburner :D

6. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080GX @ 2k/11k
    Interesting. I don't have any RGB stuff and have never used iCUE. I assume you have tried disabling all overlapping sensors so that you don't have 2 programs trying to poll and/or control any of the same things?

7. Dicehunter

Dicehunter Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan Xp
    Yep sure have, I even contacted the author of HWINFO and he said the ball is in Corsairs court as he's done all he can from his side which is annoying as HWINFO and Afterburner are a perfect combo.

8. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080GX @ 2k/11k
    Well, in that case I guess you could report it to Corsair every day until they listen? That is unlikely, so I guess it comes down to having programmable RGB LED fans or knowing that your RAM hasn't changed its clocks on its own? If I were in this situation I would just leave out the RAM clock part of the equation. As far as I'm aware, after being knee deep in tech and building dozens if not hundreds of custom computers for 19 years, RAM clocks don't change themselves.

I know there are edge cases such as Ryzen Master or other applications that can attempt to change RAM speed in Windows, but it seems like you should be fine after you confirm once that all is well with your RAM settings and then just carry on gaming without RAM clocks in your OSD. I also understanding having an awesome PC and wanting it to be able to fulfill every want and need in the digital realm, but it seems that this may not be a battle worth fighting.

One last idea, since one could assume that you have money to spend on your PC based on your current components, is that you could buy all different fans that have their own daisy chain-able hardware controller so you wouldn't have to run iCUE software that interferes with HWINFO.

9. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Zero chances, sorry. Implementation is specific to mobo chipset.