Fear 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ownz, Nov 20, 2008.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    well i live near london and have never heard of a midguard either so dont worry :)

i suspect midguard has a "mythical nature". norse?

2. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    Yes I was once a rather avid collector of Thor comics, still have all 300 or so in a cubbord somewhere.

3. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    hehe i have been looking up midguard london. some strange results.

4. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I can't believe people are being so negative towards this game, I mean what exactly were you expecting out of this game that it didn't deliver? People saying this is a dumbed down shooter? How is it dumbed down? If you are saying this because of Slow Motion then you must have also hated the first FEAR also? Also it's not like the game forces you to use slow motion, hell it isn't even offered until 30 minutes into the game. I'm playing the Campaign on Hard and it is very challenging, especially with snipers (one shot and your dead).

I love this for the simple fact that it looks better than first, runs great, very impressive atmospheric sound (never had one issue with it), and most of all it never crashes or has any bugs like 90% of PC games at first release.

Hell even Game of The Year Left 4 Dead has so many issues, it can't even run with multi-core CPU or SLI enabled for most people without constant crashing. FEAR 2 is coded very well and only has a few minor issues (film grain, aspect ratio settings), compare this game to something like GTA IV and you'd have a little more appreciation for this game.

On my PC the game looks insane and everyone who has come over to see it has agreed the only shooter which looks better is Crysis/Far Cry 2. Mirrors Edge is so much more repetitive than FEAR 2 and it has almost no replay value. FEAR 2 has so much potential and I believe after a few months of patches and mods this game will take off just as big as FEAR 1 did.

5. Krankie

Krankie Guest

GPU:
    MSI 680 LIGHTNING
    this game is awesome, played it now for 3 hours long... the first few levels are all the same and boring but when you come in the outside levels.... damnnn the action really starts!!! :p

6. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    Game is installing as of 00.02 GMT. Lovely.

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I can't believe Monolith released a game that has massive sound issues! The official forums are swarmed with various sound problems. The funny thing is that these problems have been there since the demo launch and they did nothing about them. Now one of Monolith devs acknowledged the problem on the forums and said that they are working on a patch to fix these compatibility issues. They'd better hurry up!

8. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I have one weird bug happening and that is my mouse scroll wheel just stops working 10-20 minutes into the game. It won't do jump or weapon selection (scroll or push in) and it works at first, but then stops. Has anyone else noticed this? It's a minor bug, but kind of annoying to have to press number keys to select weapons.

9. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    Am I the only one who thinks that it sucks that FEAR 2 PC does not work with the Xbox 360 controller??? I just assumed it would, now I gotta make a damn profile for it.

10. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Who the hell plays first person shooters willingly on any type of controller? Keyboard and Mouse dominate controllers in shooting games.

11. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
  12. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    Downloading is taking an age, why.... I bought the game, have the 2 CD's why oh why am I forced to d/l from steam to play this game. I admit that I will not not have to have the cd in my drive to play it, but you can install a game direct from the disc quicker than downloading.

Sigh.

Edit- why not just sell the product key to activate the game, why bother with all the costs to produce the cd etc. What a waste of resources.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  13. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    The download from Steam after install is the update to the game (1.01), you would have to do that even if Steam wasn't used.

The game takes about 20-25 minutes to install on my system and 20 minutes for the update.

14. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Just played a bit of multiplayer and it was ace! I so want this game to work with sound for me!!!

15. chaotic1

chaotic1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowercolorHD6970 2GB dead
    after playing the demo i think i will give the full game a miss , shame but nothing special tbh

16. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    You are missing my point, I have the cd, you can install a game in less than 5 mins, why should I have to d/l the game via steam if have the physical disc?

17. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    You don't have to download the game from Steam if you have the physical disc. When you insert the first DVD it opens up Steam because the game is integrated with it. Then it begins to cache games files (from DVD) and Install the game onto hard drive (from DVD), after the game finishes installing it then asks you to open My Games list and it starts to update to V1.01 from V1.00. This is the only time Steam/FEAR 2 install requires you to use internet in any way is at the very end of Install when it updates to latest version.

18. Deadman93723

Deadman93723 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 260 OC2 MaxCore
    So we are stuck with the black bars on the top and bottom???

I have played for 15min so far, and tbh I wasted $50. God damn it!!!

19. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    No, this is not the option I had with installation, perhaps this is integral to your country.

Edit- my cd is not even in the drive, its in the case, steam is downloading the entire game.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2009
  20. BorTriggerHappy

BorTriggerHappy Master Guru

GPU:
    5870 & GTX 275
    Ok OK, so, do I get it for PC or 360?

My PC can run it on full and has surround sound, BUT
    My 360 also has surround sound, unfortunately the speakers are above me and not behind me causing not very TRUE surround, on the upside I haz 38'' Samsung 720p HDTV...

Thus why I am having difficultly choosing a platform to play it on...please help or my life is ruined!