Favorite Beer?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by ShadowMyth, Nov 8, 2010.

Tags:
  1. SaberJ2X

SaberJ2X Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 3070
    it's the same deal worldwide mate...

Presidente is a Dominican Beer from our fellow country the Dominican Republic, it's a Damn Decent beer, and all we get is basically the "presidente light" as the regular one... and you can imagine what the light tastes like... mug cleaning water with an alka-seltzer tab

2. Jae-So

Jae-So Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti FE
    look like the man to ask, what are some good light coloured ales? I had some Abbot Ale the other day was pretty good

3. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Bells Oberon (in Michigan only)
    Sam Adam's Octoberfest
    Aventinus Doppelbock
    St. Bernardus Abt12
    Bells Amber Ale

4. eat@joes

eat@joes Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 6850
    Kind of an older post but I saw it amusing when I see all these craft beers in other countries. What most people don't know is that those breweries are getting bought by Anheuser-Bush InBev. This includes beers like Jeffe and Stella, to smaller breweries like Fordham brewery down by where I live in little Delaware.

It's a shame really. I typically stick with craft beer that doesn't live out of one of the big three's pockets which I've done for years now. My favorites are Dogfish Head, Yuengling, Flying Dog, Stone and many others! I also like getting Sapporo once in a while.

I will still get a 6-pack of diesel pounders (Budweiser) once in a while. It's typically called "a diesel" around here, probably because it tastes like diesel fuel. Sub "bo-diesel" for bud light.

My brother is moving to Houston, Texas soon. There is a bar that has 250 craft brews on tap called the flying saucer. I'm excited to check it out when I visit, but unfortunately it's tough to find as many craft beers in that area. They're definitely there but further apart and not as widely distributed. Not to make any bad social remarks about the area, but it's hard to sell good tasting booze to a good ol' boy who'd prefer a bud.

There's also a bar by me in Fells Point, MD called Max's Taphouse. They have close to the same number on tap. I highly recommend a trip to that area for cheap oysters and tons of good beer if you are ever in the Mid-East Coast, U.S.

Also, a very good movie mostly hosted by Sam from Dogfish Head - highly recommended.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1326194/

5. asje1

asje1 Member

GPU:
    8800GTS
    Depends on my mood.

Relaxing: Coors Light
    Party: Fosters
    Bad mood: Stella!

6. Lingo2005

Lingo2005 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4670
    Carlsberg
    Heineken
    Tiger Beer

7. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    All you need: Pilsner Urquell and Guinness Draught.