Fave fast food guilty pleasure.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Deleted member 271771, Nov 9, 2019.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Never heard of them, sorry. And when I said big, I meant big. McDonalds have over 37k locations, KFC have 19k, Burger King have 18k, Subway have 44k etc. These are big and they're not in 11 countries, they operate in over 100 countries. Basically, everything Hardees do, these do it times 10. That's what I meant. A big chain.

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Here in Jax it has to be a Publix sub (If you're from the south you know), But when my wife and I visit her family in El Paso it's Chico's Taco's
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    McDonalds does do everything big.....like having a large portion of "their" 1.7M employees (most of whom don't actually work for McDonalds but for one of the 35,000 franchise restaurants) on government assistance.... Their restaurant managers make less than a cashier at Lidl's....

McDonalds, Burger King, KFC and Subway are all predominantly franchise based, unlike Hardees. As of 2016, Burger King owns less than 1% of "their" restaurants..... McDonalds and Subway were setup to be franchise based companies from the start. Subway started offering franchise agreements in 1966....even though the company started in 1965. Using the same business model as Hardees, none of them would be anywhere near as big as they are now. McDonalds only owns/operates 2770 of their restaurants....

The food is only half the problem with McDonalds..... Their treatment of employees is even worse than their food. Burger King has had constant financial problems and could go belly up at any time, making those 18K locations a moot point. They haven't figured out that they're overpriced for the quality of food they sell or the service they offer. Not sure how KFC is so big world wide. We see restaurant closings here on a regular basis due to lack of business.

4. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    I wish I could say KFC but we only have one restaurant where I live and it's impossible to park there plus it's generally gross inside.

Right now it's McDonalds or a Crispy Chicken at Burger King.

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Sweden has had a real surge of gang related violence and overall spike in activity overall much as it's being handled it's kinda ramping up to some worrying levels, think it was a week or two ago that police stormed some areas and arrested some 30 people involved in bomb manufacturing used a few times so it's quite a escalation though the number of shooting incidents and other criminal activity has seen a increase overall.

Strip clubs, bordellos, smuggling of cigarettes, alcohol and of course narcotics is nowhere near as underground as it used to be and even with reinforced windows and doors the local tobacco and jewelry stores get hit pretty often and there's increases in petty thefts ranging from pickpockets to what's it called bag grabbers and runners and I think there was a pretty big case in the southernmost parts of the country now as some gangs are targeting elderly and isolated farms and villas often with very brutal methods.

Police is doing what they can but even smaller towns outside of the big problem areas like Malmo it's become much more noticeable although not yet to the extent where it's dangerous to walk around outside during evenings and such.
    (Think there's been some workings with the other northern countries and also the rest of EU to try and clamp down on this but so far it's still a noticeable development over a few years ago.)

EDIT: Now then as to fast food I haven't really had much time lately to eat out and training is still taking a lot of energy plus well it costs a bit also even for the usual like McD and I'm trying to be somewhat economical hah.

So I've been buying pasta and doing this whole American possibly ancient Roman tradition of covering it with molten cheese, working pretty well really. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    boom12a1, airbud7 and fantaskarsef like this.
  6. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Have a like for posting Asterix (in Switzerland)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    boom12a1 and Tiny_Clanger like this.
  8. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    When I'm in the mood for chicken I get Raising Cane's:

[​IMG]

Or Wingstop:

[​IMG]

vestibule and (deleted member) like this.
  9. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    To me it seems like you're trying to convince me that Hardees is somehow bigger than the ones I listed, dunno why.

It matters nothing whether they're franchises when it comes to food quality. I said that the big chains use cheap ingredients because it's obviously all about the money. This stands, whether it's a franchise or not.

10. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    whos working through this list though? thats the next step.

fantaskarsef likes this.

11. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    We need somebody with a year's time at hand, crowdfunding, and a name like "Guru3d Me - Fastfood Edition"

insp1re2600 and airbud7 like this.
  12. Embra

Embra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6950 XT
    Or just keep to the topic in naming your favorite fast-food.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  13. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    fantastic input, bet you're great fun at parties.

14. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Thread necromancy!

Alas, let's turn it in our favor!
    The only fast food I sometimes have is a well made kebab or pizza.
    I specifically chosen a remote kebab joint, so the further away the location, the lesser probability of me even go there.
    The same for the pizza restaurant, it is one run by Italians from Genova, they have a wood oven in their kitchen.

No delivery apps for me, just to be sure.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
  15. Michael Lang

Michael Lang Active Member

GPU:
    Suprim Liquid x4090
    Mexican fast food has to be at the top of my list. The flavors, the spice, the cheesy goodness; it's everything I crave when I need a quick, satisfying bite. Whether it's tacos, burritos, or nachos, I can't resist, but my ultimate favorite has to be quesadillas. The combination of gooey cheese and crispy tortilla hits the spot every time.

The best quesadilla I've had the pleasure of enjoying is Kirkland's quesadilla that is one of the best Costco appetizers. It has a delightful flavor and is very budget-friendly. Also, it comes with some amazing dips like salsa and guacamole.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2023

16. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Doner kebab, doner pizza is lovely too.

vestibule likes this.
  17. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Cheeseburgers

18. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    3090FE + EK Block
    What puts me off doner meat is when you walk past the restaurant in a morning and see the meat sitting there on the stand from the night before ready to be fired up again that evening.

19. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT
    I don't get anything really all that great.

I like going to Subway and getting a double-meat and double cheese Steak and Cheese with American cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onions, pickles, mustard, and mayo.

20. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    We have a local Turkish Kebab house in my town. While i like all 4 of the different kebabs sold there Doner, Seekh, Kofta and my fav is chicken kebab.

With salad and the breast meat it's also a pretty healthy meal unless like me you like to smother it in mayo.

Airbud likes this.