Fave fast food guilty pleasure.

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Deleted member 271771, Nov 9, 2019.

1. It's bad for us, and we know it, but we just don't care. The chicken sandwich thread has me thinking about what is everyone's favorite fast food. All things in moderation, of course. I will get things started.
    [​IMG]
    I love me some Taco Casa super nachos. Its too much food, and it's everything i love about nachos until i am miserable from eating the whole thing. Sooooooo good.

airbud7 and 386SX like this.
  2. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    zaxby's chicken salad

[​IMG]
    Yum !

386SX and Deleted member 271771 like this.
  3. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Since i´ve entered the gym my fast food consumption dropped to almost zero... But i still like a good burguer. Also i love mexican food so it´s a schame there´s no Taco Bell or similar in Portugal.

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's a Pizza store here I go to about once a month now but I'm finding the stuff I make myself to be tastier, other than that though I like the Greek style and Asiatic style restaurants in the city center but it's obviously adapted to western food so you get some rice, noodles and a few too many types of variants of chicken dishes and something that might have been sushi like and these dried flattened shrimp...chips things.

Greek restaurant does a bit better because they know what the spices are for and it's pretty good, there's a Eastern European of some sort restaurant too but they require speaking English while not fully understanding the language though then again Nordic and speaking English so yeah but it can be good and sometimes it's a tie between if the stuff pointed at horrifies them more than you for what the resulting dish actually ends up like. :p
    (Let's see if I remember right some read bean like rice together with flatter bread and some dips I couldn't even begin to identify and that's alright and then some lamb sausage and ... hacked apart tuna for salad purposes I assume followed by some vegetable thing I also can't really identify. Most of it still tasted good though!)

Local hamburger places are nice too but depending on when one drops in the other people there might be a bit less so.
    (Going to be a real fun summer now that the local Hell's Angel group got a club house going so that's new and strange and a bit weird.)

Oh and this thing!

[​IMG]

It's changed a few times though.

[​IMG]

That's a ways from here though, there's some real strange and odd things here and there.

EDIT: The underground gay club closed in the 1980's but the Oddfellows and the Freemasons still have their associated what to call them locales or clubs or hangouts.
    (Not quite the same though and I can't find good pictures of the gentleman club since it's a bit before the internet breakthrough.)

This place is all kinds of wonderful and that's even before it's all a big grave field too full of long dead people!
    (Well what else would be on a grave site.)

And more, old town after all so quite some history and even without mentioning surrounding areas that have their own weird and strange.

Nowadays though it's a popular shopping location or so it's being spun as but everyone is doing online purchases so the fancy new locales are often empty or the plots get redesigned to housing areas and apartments with a ton of smaller street food and pizza stores popping up all over among other businesses as the bigger shops close up.

EDIT: Come to think of it the grave field near Varnhem and it's cloister (One of the oldest in Sweden though the grave fields are older still.) was excavated partially some year or so back and a smaller museum of sorts opened.

[​IMG]

I can go see dead people!

As to the lack of food images and pictures it's mostly sausage, burgers and pizza so it's as expected really appearance wise though taste can still be surprisingly good!
    (Prices overall have gone up though, even for the usual like McD as well.)

[​IMG]

Some of the stores and restaurants based around local dishes from around the world can be quite good though I haven't tested too much yet out of the regular fast food comforts however so still more to experience!

Few years ago (Well a fair few years ago by now.) it was mostly hotdog joints and then burger stores slowly cropped up but then pizza shops of all kinds made a huge breakthrough in addition to Chinese and other more exotic foods even if many of them are often altered to Western cuisine and food standards so not quite the same thing.

Think that's about it, there's more but that's enough pics for now, there's well over 100 or so restaurants in total both for the city center and the outer city areas plus other things which well I know of some stuff but don't have much for pictures and some of it has some less than pleasant stories and such behind it too from back in the day.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019

5. 386SX

386SX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Vega64 RedDevil
    Turkish kebab from next town. Selfmade bread and sauce (with lots of garlic!!), Argentinian beef and fresh vegetables sum it up. Almost two pounds (1 kilogram) of stuff to dig through. For 6 Euros.

*drooling* :)

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Hardee's Monster Burger

[​IMG]

7. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Stuffed Crust BBQ Chicken & Pineapple Pizza or Chicken Parmo.

8. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Souvlaki , just google it. :D

9. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    In and out, double double animal style with fries....if you know, then you know....

10. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    Skyline 5-way.

11. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Hey, what you do in your own times up to you pal.

12. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I manage to avoid fast food for many years.
    Very rare I go to Russian fast food (pancakes with various fish, cheese, sour cream, mushrooms). Why go to fast food when I can get full tasty lunch at work, and at home I have wife talented with cuisine.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    [​IMG]
    Hesburger's Megahampurilainen. Paprikamajoneesi.... Aahh.....

[​IMG]
    Burgr King Bacon King isn't too bad but it just isn't as good as Megahampurilainen. (Mayoaise is sub par in comparison, also total lack of any vegetables - and I hate pickles and onion.)

McDonald's sucks.

14. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
  15. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Wendy's Baconator. I hate myself after eating it though.

16. CalculuS

CalculuS Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660Ti
    Five guys.

There is only one Five guys place here where I live and its 50km away. I still go there every couple of months.

17. Mmmmmm, damnit man i love a kebab. Hard to come by here in the middle of texas, but i make it a point to have one any time i am in europe.....surprisingly the best i've had was in Milan, but i was pretty drunk. If i am in Paris, i love the ham and cheese crepes after about 10 beers.

386SX likes this.
  18. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    I mean...I work at Chipotle so....:D

fantaskarsef likes this.
  19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    What-A-Burger..... Technically, not fast food... There is no better burger within 100miles of me though..... I go there when I've had a really bad day...
    The gas station up the street from where I work does kababs every one in a while....lol

20. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    So no regular breakfasts with blinies, caviar, and some champagne or quad vodka in a water glass? I always wish to have some if I ever visit Russia :D

Well fastfood's hardly a thing... either I do takeaway of "normal" dishes or at worst, I grab a burger... does pizza count as fast food when I need half an hour to finish it? :D