FarCry texture/lighting issue; please help...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by ajm786, Dec 6, 2004.

1. ajm786

ajm786 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260
    I'm on a night level. There is a motorboat at the beach, with its headlights on, pointing toward the foliage. However, when I go into the foliage which is in the direction of the motorboat's headlights and turn my flashlight on, it's like the motorboat's headlight's glare/light direction turns off, and any foliage that I focus my flashlight on has texture corruption. When I turn off my flaslight, the motorboat's headlights light up the surrounding area properly again.

What could be the issue? I've tried different drivers to no avail, and tweaking a bit, but I don't understand the tweaks all that much.

Thanks in advance.

2. JeffP

JeffP Member

GPU:
    Gainward 6800GT 450/1.20
    Sounds more like a glitch in the gaming engine then with your driver or hardware. I haven't run into this senerio before so I'm not sure how wide spread the problem is.

3. ajm786

ajm786 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260
    Yeah. That's what I'm starting to think, because I've tried everything, all kinds of tweaks, drivers, driver settings, etc. etc.