Farcry 6

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by kx11, May 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 2060
    80 with a rtx 2080....i wouldn t be that happy.something is wrong with ubisoft making games require more power without being justified by how the game looks...

2. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700
    Yap, I dont knwo what to do...
    GPu clock and usage are all over the place!
    Other games work great!

[​IMG]

3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    I'm always running undervolted curve settings @ 1950MHz. System runs cooler and clocks are for the most part quite stable.

4. bobnewels

bobnewels Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I have seen a lot of people do that. I have owned a few RTX 3080 and currently running Asus Tuf RTX 3080 it only hits 60°C Hot spot 84°C.

Anyhow underclock GPU did not work,game still crashing.

I have now Disabled DXR Reflections and Shadows and got a two hour play in with Nvidia Shadowplay Recording the game and MSI Afterbuner/RTSS Overlay on.

So that looks promising so far. Going to disable one at a time now and see what happens.

5. doktor1

doktor1 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 5700
    Fixed!!

Turned off Above 4G Decoding in BIOS

[​IMG]

Skinner, TheDigitalJedi and Undying like this.
  6. Glowtape

Glowtape Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Did you have ReBAR enabled before? Disabling Above 4G Decoding kicks that one, too. However on its own, without ReBAR, Above 4G shouldn't do anything in regards to performance. At best, it'll break the BIOS boot logo.

Personally, this game stutters a lot. Like depending on the activity on screen and when I swing the camera around, there's small freezes to the point audio cuts out. I haven't been able to track the cause so far. --edit: And it's deterministic. If it stutters when I swing the camera around a specific point in the area, it'll do so every time.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080S AMP
    Rdna1 just got support for sam a driver ago. Could be a compatibility issues with some games.

8. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + C1 OLED
    I don't get it. Many people are ripping this game apart and from what I'm watching I don't see why. Granted I haven't played this yet but from what many of you are saying, the game is legit. I watched several videos and it looks amazing with an interesting story and nice weapons. Right now I have too many titles to clear so Far Cry 6 is on my list in the future.

From what I'm seeing I shouldn't be disappointed.

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Runs alright if FSR is on and capped to 60fps but it goes crazy without them

TheDigitalJedi likes this.
  10. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080TI Ventus3X
    I said i capped it at 80. Means that's the fps where i dont get stutters and everything is supersmooth - that's the only gameplay i really enjoy. It probably goes way higher. 80 is perfect for me.

That said the game is MUCH more fun than FC5 because it's not supercrazy. You can actually walk around in the jungle at night without getting attacked every 2 minutes or have a random encounter on the road. Love it!

And i switched off all amigos (animals), i don't need help. Being a stealth gamer i'm better on my own. Cleaned the first fortress without raising any alarm with my Bond soundtrack playing on my mp3player - man, the atmosphere!

Get this game if you hated FC5 guys, you can't go wrong.

HUGE map here, but without details yet. I'm gonna print this out in black/white and mark my own positions like back in the good ol' days. :D

https://www.powerpyx.com/far-cry-6-full-world-map/

AsiJu and TheDigitalJedi like this.

11. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Ventus RTX 2060
    I hated farcry 5 yes, and for more than one reason...

12. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    Anyone tested without rebar enabled?

13. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    It stutters a lot at 1440P(1 thread reaching 100% quite often), try increasing resolution scaling or if your HW is capable, prefer 4K as it stutters wayyyy less.

14. Witcher29

Witcher29 Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    3080 ti owners are now also left behind ubisoft changed there recommendations unless u have a 3090 lol.

Please note that the minimum requirement for running the HD Texture Pack for Far Cry 6 is 16GB of VRAM. If you download and run the HD Texture Pack with lower VRAM capabilities, you will encounter performance issues while playing.

15. aufkrawall2

aufkrawall2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3060 TUF
    Terrible that this issue is still around. Is your mainboard bios up to date?

16. TheDigitalJedi

TheDigitalJedi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090 + C1 OLED
    Our fellow Guru stated that he plays stealth missions while listening to James Bond Soundtracks. Now if that isn't creating a cool gaming atmosphere then I don't know what is. :cool:

DocStr4ngelove likes this.
  17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
  18. millibyte

millibyte Maha Guru

GPU:
    3080 12gb
    So the open world traversal stutter is still a thing, that's too bad.

19. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    It stutters like crap even with 60FPS cap..

20. Forceflow

Forceflow Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    I got it to run well on a mix of high settings (most of them) and medium (for shadows and volumetrics), on 1440p, using AMD FSR Ultra Quality + a bit of sharpening using Nvidia Freestyle. Between 80-100 fps in the first area (where your first real quest is).

3900X, 2070 Super, Win10, 32 GB 3600 mhz RAM.

Until I can get my hands on an affordable (hah! remember those times?) 3XXX card, this is fine.