FarCry 4 Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Feb 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Guest

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Having the same issue with motin blur not working!? Been looking and posted but not seen anything or had any replies??

Also Borderless option isn't working for me. I have to play in Windowed mode to eliminate tearing.

2. Dorlor

Dorlor Guest

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Hmm, smaa seems to be working for me while using sli. And fur deffo Works for me.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It took a little while to sink in but that comment is quite funny.

4. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX4090AMPEXT
    If you start the game with smaa already selected it will be fine, that is until you decide to look at map or go to menu then it will ghost when you re enter the game.

5. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Game looks good,runs good for me and I am having a blast in the Gyrocopter killing stuff.Fun game for me so far.

6. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    My god, what is it with ubisoft games. Always the worse for mouse issue, I cant play this at all. Mouse feels like I have a ball and chain on it, stutter etc. Tried every fix going, unplayable.

And I'm watching the game 10+ min intro you cant skip for the 20th time just to see if any tweaks to my mouse work yet. FU Ubicrap, just stop porting games to pc.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  7. DrBoss

DrBoss Guest

GPU:
    SLI MSI 670 Power Edition
    I assume there is still not fix for the crushed blacks when running SLI?

8. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    This game is very smooth for me, have it on 1920*1080 as 2560*1440 cripples my vram.

Anyhow i have all on Ultra except for postfx which is on low, No AA, HBAO+,Nvidia Godly rays.

Im getting around 65fps dips at times to around 49fps sometimes but is always smooth.

I set Framebuffer to 2 in xml. file and added the mouse fix which was a download link in this thread.

I also used DisableLoadingMip0="1"

Im using the latest WHQL driver.

Game works good just like FC3, tbh FC3 needed more tweaking to get it running smooth, FC4 only needed a couple of tweaks.

My ram is maxxing out at around 1730mb which is fine, game is just like FC3.

Just got to avalanche bit at the first tower, all smooth, no stutter, no problems.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Dropping Texture detail to medium removed the stuttering for me.
    My vram usage on High was around 1.7, on Medium it's pretty much the same. Which... since there isn't really a "big" change between the two, makes sense.

Hopefully Ubi will get an update out soon to fix the stuttering. As even with frame rates in the 50s... it was there.

Also, just like with FarCry 3... I found performance in the opening section was lower then in the main game.
    In FC3 during the opening escape, performance is lower... not hugely, but it runs about 10 or so frames slower. But, entering the open world my FPS jumped up.
    In FC4 I noticed in the opening area with Pagan Min the frame rate was meh... but once I escaped his little base and made it to the open world, it again jumped up.

I can only assume that the tight scripting of the opening sequence may have something to do with it.

10. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    :eyebrows:

No stutter but real bad graphics mate.

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4962771&postcount=967

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014

11. FuzzyDunlop

FuzzyDunlop Guest

GPU:
    GTX 770 4GB
    Well, I checked and I don't even have the option to disable adaptive brightness. I don't believe my display supports it, so.... The issue still persists.

12. CryZENx

CryZENx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980Ti ACX 2.0
    HAIRWORKS :banana: & Bokeh DOF is working with Nvidia preset with 1.04 version

13. IcemaN22

IcemaN22 Member Guru

GPU:
    Assus TUF 4090
    No one else experiencing high cpu usage on one particular core and the rest very low? Mine cpu usage on core2 is at 99-100%, and the others are barely used. This is with a 4930K @ 4.4ghz and HT enabled, and all cores are unparked. Wonder why..

14. stereophonie

stereophonie Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 770 2GB
    Adaptive brightness is under your Power Saving settings in Windows. Hit advanced and it's under the Display tab.

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Update v1.4.0 PC

• NVIDIA HairWorks fully enabled for GeForce GTX gamers.
    PVP + Co-Op
    • The game will no longer freeze if a player accepts a Co-Op invite while in the Uplay App after quickly selecting a storage device.
    • Players will no longer experience very low FPS if they join a friend in a PvP lobbly while in the Uplay browser.
    • The game will no longer remain on a black screen if they use the Fast Travel feature immediately after the Bell Tower unlock cinematic.
    • Resolved certain issues that prevented a player from returning to the Story Mode from the Co-Op tab.
    Progression
    • Players will now be able to achieve 100% progression if they do not drive a snowmobile when the vehicle is available.
    • Players will now be able to reach 100% progression after the "Day 1" Patch is applied.
    Trophies
    • Corrected an issue where Trophies would not be rewarded for several weapons.
    Main Menu
    • The player will now hear ambient sound if they return tot he Main Menu from the Uplay App.

16. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    It is in offline mode and thew overlay is also turned off, still crashes immediately on launch if MSI is on.

That would make me break something. I will think long and hard before ever buying an ubisoft game again

17. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    How is the mouse smoothness compared to Far Cry 2?

18. Emille

Emille Guest

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus Extreme
    How can you tell if the game is updated to 1.4?

I am certain mine didn't update. For the day 1 patch it clearly said searching for updates and had a download, the game did nothing today when launching it online but people said the patch is out.

I don't see how it could be a regional thing considering we got the game first in AUS.

19. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Seems to fix the black screen at launch issue as well.

20. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    What about AMD users?
    Screw you Ubisoft..:biggun:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.